ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > Ride Reports

Old October 22nd, 2012, 12:07 PM   #1
cuong-nutz
RIP Alex

Name: Cuong

Motorcycle(s): '10 250r, '09 265r

Texas Hill Country 2012

A few friends planned another trip out to the Hill Country to do some riding out on the Twisted Sisters (RR 335, RR 336, RR 337) and some other roads. This is the closest thing we have to riding twisties on a mountain. The main body left at 8AM Friday morning from Houston while I left solo at 3:30 PM due to having to work in the morning. Two other riders were going to trailer it there but I find out later that they had left late and won't get to the house until 2am. If they had room on the trailer they'd offer to take me but I wanted to ride there anyways to "catch up" on all the twisties I'd miss out on.

It sucked riding west into the sun since it was blinding me and I had to hold my hand up as visor to block the sun while riding. It made me wish I had a MX helmet on. I got into San Marcos at about 6:30 ish and after that, I was pretty much riding in the dark. I pulled over, and swapped out to my clear visor. While I was riding alone in the dark, I was thinking, man I must be crazy riding solo in the dark through hilly section with lots of blind turns, flood crossings, and deer. There were some monster bucks about but luckily none running at me or crossing my pathway. When I was riding through the valleys, the temp dropped sharply but luckily the ST windscreen created a bubble for me to stay warm. Six hours later, I finally made it to the house out in Bandera where we were staying(www.abarabunkhouse.com) and was greeted by with alcohol I was amazed by how many people showed up as I wasn't expecting a big group. Big group = more chances of bad things to happen. Drank, talked, chilled, showered, and crashed.

Next morning, we had breakfast at OST Restaurant, filled up and went riding.

Highlights of this trip.
  • Awesome roads
  • Awesome friends
  • one rider wrecked his bike but still rideable
  • $300 passing in a no passing zone ticket
  • 1 speeding ticket in the group
  • Master link clip broke off
  • 1000+ miles logged
  • I need new tires now

Last futzed with by cuong-nutz; October 23rd, 2012 at 09:47 AM.
cuong-nutz is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 22nd, 2012, 01:55 PM   #2
sharky nrk
Fighting Texas Aggie '05

Name: Neil

Motorcycle(s): '07 ZX6R, '08 Versys, '09 250R Track, '93 F2/F3 Track

Sounds like a pretty successful trip then
sharky nrk is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 22nd, 2012, 02:09 PM   #3
cuong-nutz
RIP Alex

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharky nrk View Post
Sounds like a pretty successful trip then
I'll see if I can slap a video together of the videos I took. A bud had his sd card **** on him so he wasn't able to recover any videos. I know he had epic vids taken from his bike.

Old October 23rd, 2012, 09:39 AM   #4
cuong-nutz
RIP Alex

Link to original page on YouTube.

Just some quick editing with music. I'll upload a couple more when I get home.

Old October 23rd, 2012, 03:29 PM   #5
cuong-nutz
RIP Alex

Last two of the actual trip. Enjoy.

Old October 24th, 2012, 07:24 PM   #6
POZZD
ninjette.org member

Name: Drew

Motorcycle(s): 2012 ninja 250r

Damn, I was just there three weeks ago visiting with my brother. I rode 2222 to lime creek road, around lake travis.
POZZD is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 24th, 2012, 08:21 PM   #7
cuong-nutz
RIP Alex

Quote:
Originally Posted by POZZD View Post
Damn, I was just there three weeks ago visiting with my brother. I rode 2222 to lime creek road, around lake travis.
Yeah, the roads use too be better when there were not many people living off lime creek road, now there's so many driveways coming onto the road with loose gravel all over it and a whole lot more traffic through the roads so you have to watch out for those vehicles coming into your lane.