ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > General Motorcycling Discussion

Old November 21st, 2010, 05:16 PM   #1
arnette
ninjette.org member

Name: Brent

Motorcycle(s): 2011 Ninja 250R Pearl White/Ebony SE

Question on a quote

I have a So. Cal dealer who is offering me $4900 OTD for the 2011 250R in white/black SE. The only other quote I've received from a neighboring dealer has been $5150 for the same model. Think I'm getting boinked with the $4900 offer?
arnette is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 21st, 2010, 05:19 PM   #2
rockNroll

Name: rock

Motorcycle(s): black

Get it in writing and then read everything very carefully before signing

Old November 21st, 2010, 06:01 PM   #3
arnette
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockNroll View Post
Amen! Just hope I'm not getting taken to the cleaners on this deal. Sounds reasonable... but not particularly great. Although considering it's the hot color for a 2011....

Old November 21st, 2010, 07:09 PM   #4
slolane
Motorcyclist

Name: James

Motorcycle(s): 2014 Ninja 300 ABS

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockNroll View Post
x2

I can't speak to CA but here in MD the dealers get retail for current model (year) bikes that move well so $4900 sounds good to me.... my .02

Good luck in your purchase.
slolane is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 21st, 2010, 07:36 PM   #5
arnette
ninjette.org member

Thanks guys.

I'll also pick up a cover and some sort of lock. Any lock recommendations or other need-it-that-day accessories I should be aware of?

Old November 21st, 2010, 08:40 PM   #6
slolane
Motorcyclist

Name: James

Motorcycle(s): 2014 Ninja 300 ABS

I recommend full gear… helmet, gloves, jacket and boots at least.

As for locks I always use my Xena disc lock with alarm, mine is an older version of THIS. Other times I will bring THIS. If kept outside covers are nice.

I would also recommend chain lube and a tire pressure gauge... safety items really.

Some shops offer additional % off the day of purchase... often still not as low as you can find stuff online though. I try to balance supporting my local dealer and finding the best deals online. I would research what you want and can find stuff for online then when you go in you can ask for additional deals... it doesn't hurt to ask as sometimes they just want to move inventory that has been sitting all year as new stuff in coming in.

Best of luck!
slolane is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 21st, 2010, 10:42 PM   #7
Reswob
ninjette.org sage

Name: Josh

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Triumph Bonneville Black

Yikes! The price of admission keeps going up and up. I'll be surprised if the 250 sticks around much longer. At Kawi's current rate of greed, in a few years it'll cost the same as the 650.

Old November 21st, 2010, 11:13 PM   #8
TrueFaith
ninjette.org sage

Name: Wayne

Motorcycle(s): 2011 Honda CBR250R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reswob View Post
Yikes! The price of admission keeps going up and up. I'll be surprised if the 250 sticks around much longer. At Kawi's current rate of greed, in a few years it'll cost the same as the 650.
That's not Kawasaki, my friend, it's the dealership. Kawasaki's MSRP for the 250R is still $3999.
TrueFaith is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 22nd, 2010, 12:12 AM   #9
arnette
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reswob View Post
And $4249 MSRP for the special edition colors. Of which 2 out of the 3 colors are SE for 2011.

Old November 22nd, 2010, 05:52 AM   #10
Too40gawlf
ninjette.org guru

Name: Eric

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Kawasaki Super Sherpa!

Quote:
Originally Posted by arnette View Post
I have a So. Cal dealer who is offering me $4900 OTD for the 2011 250R in white/black SE. The only other quote I've received from a neighboring dealer has been $5150 for the same model. Think I'm getting boinked with the $4900 offer?
Hey, tell that bastard to take his fist and stuff it up his ass. Why on earth would you pay 5K for a 250r, when you can get lightly used 08-09s for high 2's to 3K?

Don't support these leaches staying in business. Offer no more than 4K OTD or get a lightly used 08-10 for ALOT cheaper and use the remaining money to buy quality gear.
Too40gawlf is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 22nd, 2010, 08:03 AM   #11
arnette
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Too40gawlf View Post
Hey, tell that bastard to take his fist and stuff it up his ass. Why on earth would you pay 5K for a 250r, when you can get lightly used 08-09s for high 2's to 3K?

Don't support these leaches staying in business. Offer no more than 4K OTD or get a lightly used 08-10 for ALOT cheaper and use the remaining money to buy quality gear.
If you can find me a used '08-'10 in my area then I would pounce on it. They just don't exist at this time. Everyone has this great idea of buying a used model... but what if you can't find it?!?!

Old November 22nd, 2010, 08:35 AM   #12
Too40gawlf
ninjette.org guru

Quote:
If you can find me a used '08-'10 in my area then I would pounce on it. They just don't exist at this time. Everyone has this great idea of buying a used model... but what if you can't find it?!?!
Cmon, you're kidding right? You live in SoCal, the greatest market for bikes. A 2 minute search of Craigslist and cycltrader.com revealed these...

2009 250r $3500
http://losangeles.craigslist.org/lac...066624272.html

brand new 2010 250r $2999 (+tax & dealer fees)
http://www.cycletrader.com/find/list...-250r-96206132

If you're patient, and watch craigslist for a couple of weeks, and arent afraid to negotiate some, you'll get your clean $2800 2008, I promise you.

Old November 22nd, 2010, 09:58 AM   #13
GeneJunkie
ninjette.org sage

Name: Cindy

Motorcycle(s): 2010 Ninja 250R

Quote:
Cmon, you're kidding right? You live in SoCal, the greatest market for bikes. A 2 minute search of Craigslist and cycltrader.com revealed these...

2009 250r $3500
http://losangeles.craigslist.org/lac...066624272.html

brand new 2010 250r $2999 (+tax & dealer fees)
http://www.cycletrader.com/find/list...-250r-96206132

If you're patient, and watch craigslist for a couple of weeks, and arent afraid to negotiate some, you'll get your clean $2800 2008, I promise you.
In southern Cali, the best price you are going to see for a used newgen 250 that is in good condition is between $3500-$4000. Buying something off of Craigslist requires cash in hand too. Riding season is 365 days/year, the gas mileage is great, so honestly 250's here are in high demand. I looked for months on Craigslist for a used '08+ 250 and never saw something as low as $2800, the lowest was $3300 for a dropped '08, 2nd owner and the kid wouldn't budge on the price.

The link you showed for the dealership is without tax and dealer fees, once you account for that the price will shoot up to what the OP was quoted.

I think $4900 is a little high, but not bad considering you are going after the new hot color, and also its possible that many dealerships might not have it on the floor yet.
GeneJunkie is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 22nd, 2010, 10:31 AM   #14
Too40gawlf
ninjette.org guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeneJunkie View Post
In southern Cali, the best price you are going to see for a used newgen 250 that is in good condition is between $3500-$4000. Buying something off of Craigslist requires cash in hand too. Riding season is 365 days/year, the gas mileage is great, so honestly 250's here are in high demand. I looked for months on Craigslist for a used '08+ 250 and never saw something as low as $2800, the lowest was $3300 for a dropped '08, 2nd owner and the kid wouldn't budge on the price.

The link you showed for the dealership is without tax and dealer fees, once you account for that the price will shoot up to what the OP was quoted.

I think $4900 is a little high, but not bad considering you are going after the new hot color, and also its possible that many dealerships might not have it on the floor yet.
With all due respect. Only an idiot would pay near $4K for a USED 250R or ~$5K for a new one. If you couldnt find a ~$3K new gen, its not because they arent out there, its because you werent paying attention. And if you think $2,999 + tax & fees = near $5K, I dont know wha to tell you. By the way, I did point that out in the link above (that price was in addition to tax and fees).

OP, go buy this tonight - its in Woodland Hills - and on the way home sotp and take a dump in form of the dealer's lot.

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/sfv...071927361.html

08 Blue 250R - $2500.

Old November 22nd, 2010, 10:38 AM   #15
Alex
ninjette.org dude

Name: 1 guess :-)

Motorcycle(s): '13 Ninja 300 (white, the fastest color!), '13 R1200RT, '14 CRF250L, '12 TT-R125LE

Eric, take a breath. The market in California is a bit different than it is elsewhere. That 250 in Woodland Hills looks like a decent deal, and as things get colder and rainier (even here), deals like that will be more commonplace, but they are the rarity rather than the norm. Searching craiglist frequently, and even using automated tools to help you do it more efficiently will make sure that folks don't miss any good deals that do happen to pop up. But buying new isn't the worst thing in the world either. It's always going to cost more than a good condition used bike, but there are folks everywhere who make that choice every day to have a new machine in their garage. Doesn't make them idiots, just means they came to a different decision on how to best use their motorcycle funds.

ninjette.org Terms of Service

Shopping for motorcycle parts or equipment? Come here first.

The friendliest Ninja 250R/300/400 forum on the internet! (especially Unregistered)
Alex is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 22nd, 2010, 10:44 AM   #16
Too40gawlf
ninjette.org guru

Oh and OP, dont be afraid to negotiate. If someone posts "OBO" on an asking price, that means there is NO WAY they are getting what they are asking for. Anyone with half a brain is going to offer at least 10%-20% less than asking price and move up form there.

Second, cash is a big motivator. I may be selling an item 'worth' $5K, but if someone offers to bring me $3800 in cash that moment, it may be worth more to me than potentially $5K weeks down the road.

Dont be afraid to make an offer. As long as its a realistic offer, you have nothing to be ashamed of. And you never know, the seller may be desperate to sell.

Anyway, remember. Its much easier to buy than it is to sell. If you miss one deal, there will be other ones done the road. Trust me, 250Rs are bought and sold quicker than just about anything else on the market.

Also, keep in mind, that this is a bike that you may likely want to move up from in a year or less. Also, if this is your first bike, there is a good chance you are going to at least plop it down. Dont pay sky high prices at the dealer for a brand new one only to scratch it up during the learning process. The money you save now can be put to much better use in buying quality gear.

Finally, remember that on a used bike, you will take less of a depreciation hit. The 3K bike you buy now will be sold for 2.5K easily next year. As opposed to the 5K bike that 'may' get 3.5K.

Good luck and be patient... and ride safe.

Old November 22nd, 2010, 10:53 AM   #17
Too40gawlf
ninjette.org guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex View Post
Eric, take a breath. The market in California is a bit different than it is elsewhere. That 250 in Woodland Hills looks like a decent deal, and as things get colder and rainier (even here), deals like that will be more commonplace, but they are the rarity rather than the norm. Searching craiglist frequently, and even using automated tools to help you do it more efficiently will make sure that folks don't miss any good deals that do happen to pop up. But buying new isn't the worst thing in the world either. It's always going to cost more than a good condition used bike, but there are folks everywhere who make that choice every day to have a new machine in their garage. Doesn't make them idiots, just means they came to a different decision on how to best use their motorcycle funds.
Sorry, Alex, I got too spun up.

Im originally from Northridge and I come back to visit family here and there throughout the year. As such, Ive been thinking about possibly picking up a cheap dual sport to keep over at my folks' house to put around in when Im in CA. Because of that, Ive been perusing CL alot over the last few weeks and Ive seen plenty of reasonably priced new gens.

I do understand the CA market is different than the DC area market where the winter brings colder temps, precipitation and even snow. But its that different that used new gen just cannot be found for 3K or less.

Old November 22nd, 2010, 12:02 PM   #18
Jerry
ninjette.org member

Name: Jerry

Motorcycle(s): 2007 EX250

We used to have a saying...

When I was trying to sell cars at a high-pressure dealer..(yeah, trying...I was terrible!)

"You can spend a little too much, but if you get what you want, you're just out a few bucks...but if you spend too little, and end up with something you don't like, you've wasted it all."

One of the few truisms I ever heard at that place...maybe the only...
Jerry is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 22nd, 2010, 12:05 PM   #19
arnette
ninjette.org member

Don't like the blue. HATE the blue.

Though I am trying to get in contact with the CL black 250R mentioned in a link above. 11/17 was the posting so who knows....

Still, my backup is the new 2011 at the dealer. Like the bike, what can I say?!?

Old November 22nd, 2010, 01:10 PM   #20
Sailariel
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Alex

Motorcycle(s): 2010 Honda NT-700-V, formerly, Green 2008 Ninja 250R

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueFaith View Post
That's not Kawasaki, my friend, it's the dealership. Kawasaki's MSRP for the 250R is still $3999.
I wonder what the dealer'price is from Kawasaki?

Old November 22nd, 2010, 01:39 PM   #21
Sailariel

I just traded in my 08 250R at a Harley, Honda, Kawasaki Dealer. In June 08, I paid $3600 for a new SE. My bike had a Corbin Seat, Mini Fog lights, 15T Sprocket (14T is under the seat) ZG Touring Windscreen, Rim Stripes, Dunlop 501s a week old, Brake shoes, a week old, and a pair of Slikdesignsusa telescoping rear view mirrors, It also had the high intensity Phillips Moto-Vision headlight bulbs. The bike was in pristine condition and had the oil changed every 3000mi along with a K&N Oil Filtre. It had 12000mi on the clock--all highway miles--65 to 75mph. The dealer gave me $3000 in trade. That is $600 less than my OTD price in 08. Of course, I bought an $11,000 bike which I negotiated down to $10,000. The dealer still made a decent profit. The Service Manager put the scarf on the bike for his wife. I guess Ninja 250s move through the market as fast as they move down the road. When and if my back heals up, I will probably get another GREEN Ninja.

Old November 22nd, 2010, 04:12 PM   #22
Too40gawlf
ninjette.org guru

Here's another one:

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/sgv...074436339.html - you still need to account for tax - but if you can get anything off that $3200 price, you should come in under 3.5K pretty easy.

Old November 22nd, 2010, 06:18 PM   #23
Cuongism

Name: Cuong

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Ninja 250r, 2007 Daytona 675

Quote:
Here's another one:

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/sgv...074436339.html - you still need to account for tax - but if you can get anything off that $3200 price, you should come in under 3.5K pretty easy.
If he goes the craigslist route, it defeats the purpose to look at dealer postings. It's says $3200, but scroll down and it'll say it doesn't include dealer fees, doc setups, etc. That's where they get you. OTD will probably push it back to the $4k range where he's better off getting a brand new white SE for around $900 more.

Financing is also the other obstacle for people who won't be able to go the craigslist route. Good luck arnette. I'm actually really tempted to sell you mine.
Cuongism is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 23rd, 2010, 07:49 PM   #24
rwheelz
Moroccan Gold Imports

Name: RJ

Motorcycle(s): '03 ZX9R, '03 ZX7R & wife's '09 250R

I will say it again, if anyone wants to get a bike racket going with me, we should be buying 250's and transporting them to SoCal! We paid $2076 OTD (but no sales tax here) for a 2009 mint condition with 930 miles, just a couple of months ago. There is a 2008 in green locally for $2800 OBO with 1200 miles on it, showroom condition, and to be frank, it is way overpriced!

Old November 24th, 2010, 05:39 AM   #25
arnette
ninjette.org member

The 2011 is still sitting at the dealer and I didn't make the trip out there to pick it up just yet. I'm going to look at a 2009 model w ~3000 mi this Sunday. The guy is asking $3500 but I think $3100-3200 is more reasonable if the condition is as promised.

The complications with buying used, especially when the buyer is a newbie rider like me, is that I'm not 100% confident in what to look for aside from the obvious signs of droppage or wear. Plus it will take a few days to move money around for a cash sale and that will need a patient seller to wait for things to happen. All of this can be overcome with a metric ton of good timing and patience in finding the right bike but it's a pain in the a$$ particularly since I'm traveling out of town M-F each week.

The dealer bike is still there if this used one doesn't plan out. Hope it does though b/c it looks in great condition from the pics!

Old November 24th, 2010, 11:44 AM   #26
Too40gawlf
ninjette.org guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwheelz View Post
I will say it again, if anyone wants to get a bike racket going with me, we should be buying 250's and transporting them to SoCal! We paid $2076 OTD (but no sales tax here) for a 2009 mint condition with 930 miles, just a couple of months ago. There is a 2008 in green locally for $2800 OBO with 1200 miles on it, showroom condition, and to be frank, it is way overpriced!
Ahhh, RJ, my friend, what you are engaging in is free market thinking - the bedrock of what has driven economic opportunity since the beginning of time: find a market with a need, identify a source of supply, and bring a good to market at profit.

HOWEVER, the commissars in Sacramento stringently disapprove of your counterrevolutionary ideals. Your obviously selfish, imperialistic, Capitalistic, and deviant thoughts of garnering profit at the expense of the proletariat is unacceptable ideology in the glorious paradise that is the People's Republic. As such, the commissars, in their benevolent oversight of the proletariat have decreed that no one shall register a motorcycle from out of State unless it has 7500 or greater miles.

Basically, the scumbags have rigged it so that you coerced to coughing up the state's ~10% sales tax.

Old November 24th, 2010, 12:31 PM   #27
Too40gawlf
ninjette.org guru

Quote:
The 2011 is still sitting at the dealer and I didn't make the trip out there to pick it up just yet. I'm going to look at a 2009 model w ~3000 mi this Sunday. The guy is asking $3500 but I think $3100-3200 is more reasonable if the condition is as promised.

The complications with buying used, especially when the buyer is a newbie rider like me, is that I'm not 100% confident in what to look for aside from the obvious signs of droppage or wear. Plus it will take a few days to move money around for a cash sale and that will need a patient seller to wait for things to happen. All of this can be overcome with a metric ton of good timing and patience in finding the right bike but it's a pain in the a$$ particularly since I'm traveling out of town M-F each week.

The dealer bike is still there if this used one doesn't plan out. Hope it does though b/c it looks in great condition from the pics!
Brent,

Be patient. Your riding season doesn't really end, so you have all the time in the world. A good idea is to have cash on hand at home instead of waiting to get from the bank. That way, when you find a good deal, you can show up with cash and seal the deal and take the bike away without hemming or hawing or anything. Trust me, a seller knowing that he can get cash that day from buyer A is much more motivated to close a deal than from buyer B who needs 3 business days to transfer money to his bank.

As far as checking out the bike. Obviously, the best situation would be to take a knowledgable person with you. However, failing that, you can ask the seller to bring the bike to a shop and pay for an inspection (which I'm guessing should be $50-$100). Generally speaking, for the 08+ Ninja 250s with few miles on them, there really shouldn't be any major problems that even an untrained eye couldn't spot. Again generally speaking, if the bike looks good, runs good, tires are in good shape, and owner can provide receipts for regular maintenance, you should be safe in making the assumption that its good to go.

If you're going to go at it alone, here is a good guide to buying a used bike:
http://www.clarity.net/~adam/buying-bike.html

Im certain this link is floating around here as well, but hope it helps.

Good luck in your search, be patient, and post pics when you do get your bike.

Old November 24th, 2010, 01:00 PM   #28
Nemesis
CVMA #74 WSMC #750

Name: Nemesis

Motorcycle(s): All of them

That is too expensive. Why not buy used?

And if the Kawi 250s are going for $4900 then Honda pricing their 2011 CBR250R bikes around that ballpark is looking mighty reasonable.
Nemesis is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 24th, 2010, 02:34 PM   #29
Sailariel

One thing that I had forgotten to mention is that the Ninja I traded in, still had two years of warranty left--no wonder the Service Manager grabbed it. I think that his wife will love the bike.

Old November 24th, 2010, 02:40 PM   #30
Blackwidow

Name: Paulette

Quote:

4900$ OTD for a new models isn't bad at all, in my opinion. I got mine for 4500$ OTD 7 months into the year.

Arnette, as someone else mentioned, get it in writing...if they are firm on that price see if they can throw in other things for you, like helmet, jacket, boots...anything.

Old November 24th, 2010, 02:47 PM   #31
addy126

Name: addy126

Motorcycle(s): '09 Kawasaki N-250 + '09 Vulcan 900 Classic Lt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackwidow View Post
4900$ OTD for a new models isn't bad at all, in my opinion. I got mine for 4500$ OTD 7 months into the year.

Arnette, as someone else mentioned, get it in writing...if they are firm on that price see if they can throw in other things for you, like helmet, jacket, boots...anything.
He'll need a well endowed chick to go in there and barter for the "extras" unfortunately.... then he'll get the helmet, jacket, boots thrown in without a problem....
addy126 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 24th, 2010, 02:50 PM   #32
Blackwidow

Quote:
Originally Posted by addy126 View Post
He'll need a well endowed chick .
well why not give him a hand or a *** addy? a fellow rider needs your help

Old November 24th, 2010, 03:51 PM   #33
arnette
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackwidow View Post
well why not give him a hand or a *** addy? a fellow rider needs your help
Haha, that'd be great!

Old November 30th, 2010, 10:06 AM   #34
Moike
ninjette.org newbie

Name: Mike

Motorcycle(s): Ninja 250

There is a dealer in TX near Dallas with several 2010's for $4000 OTD ($3300 before fees and tax) I picked up one a few weeks ago with 2 miles on in it.
Moike is offline   Reply With Quote

Old December 1st, 2010, 09:58 PM   #35
arnette
ninjette.org member

Here's the latest:

I'm either going to swoop down on a used '09 Black 250R for $3500 or a bit less

/OR/

pick up the 2011 SE white for $4700 OTD with some piddily extras (disc on accessories, etc.)

Either way I'm getting my bike this weekend!

Old December 1st, 2010, 10:31 PM   #36
Too40gawlf
ninjette.org guru

Quote:
Here's the latest:

I'm either going to swoop down on a used '09 Black 250R for $3500 or a bit less

/OR/

pick up the 2011 SE white for $4700 OTD with some piddily extras (disc on accessories, etc.)

Either way I'm getting my bike this weekend!
Sounds good, my recommendation would be to go for the 09. Like I said before, by next year this time, there is a good chance that you will be looking to move up to a bigger bike. You can turn around and sell your 09 for practically what you got it for, while you will take a bigger loss on the 2011.

Don't forget, be aggressive in negotiating. There is almost certain to be some 'play' in the guy's asking price. Don't be afraid to walk away, making certain to leave your phone number

I think the one you have your eye on is the one in Eagle Rock for $3500 - here's one in Baldwin Park for $3500 OBO - I bet $3K cash would get you pretty close to what the guy is looking to get for this bike:
http://losangeles.craigslist.org/sgv...088145510.html

Good luck and STAY PATIENT. I guarantee you that after Christmas, guys are going to be selling their bikes to pay for bills and such.

EDIT:
Here's on 09 SE - for $3400
http://losangeles.craigslist.org/lac...088110809.html

Last futzed with by Too40gawlf; December 1st, 2010 at 10:34 PM. Reason: update

Old December 1st, 2010, 10:51 PM   #37
bluepoof
ninjette.org sage

Name: Carolyn

Motorcycle(s): 2007 Ninja 250, 2002 Yamaha XT225

Personally, I say go for the one that calls to you. I overpaid on my first "real" bike, a 2001 SV650S. I paid all the dealer fees, etc because I was enthusiastic and loved the bike. I had that bike for 5 years and 70,000 miles and never once regretted overpaying for it. You can make yourself nuts wondering "could I have gotten a slightly better deal" for the rest of time, or you can get a bike that makes you smile every time you ride it, and I guarantee that you won't regret any extra money.

Old December 2nd, 2010, 04:11 AM   #38
arnette
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluepoof View Post
Personally, I say go for the one that calls to you. I overpaid on my first "real" bike, a 2001 SV650S. I paid all the dealer fees, etc because I was enthusiastic and loved the bike. I had that bike for 5 years and 70,000 miles and never once regretted overpaying for it. You can make yourself nuts wondering "could I have gotten a slightly better deal" for the rest of time, or you can get a bike that makes you smile every time you ride it, and I guarantee that you won't regret any extra money.
That's sort of the 'reasoning' I'm using with the dealer bike. I like the color, I know there's nothing mechanically off with the new bike, and I'm almost okay with the extra money it would cost. Then I waffle back and realize it's a bad deal... then reason that buying a motorcycle is never really a rational decision to begin with!

I'm getting antsy and want to buy soon

Old December 2nd, 2010, 04:12 PM   #39
Sailariel

Paulette, Reading this thread gave me an idea. You could moonlight, and for a fee, set up deals for potential Ninja buyers--a Ninja Agent. Certainly would keep the dealers in line--just a thought. I have two kids who live in CA. Daughter lives in SanJose, and son lives in one of those high priced planned communities--Rancho Santa Margarita. Anyway, it is a whole different world there. I lived in CA in 1967 in Marina. I was in the Service and moonlighted selling cars for Ralph Williams Chrysler Plymouth in San Bruno. It was a whole different world compared to the Chrysler Plymouth dealer I worked for in New York State. Prices were totally out of whack compared to what I was used to. In CA, vehicles last a long time if taken care of. In the East they don't last long even if you take care of them. The road salt in the winter will trump you every time. Selling cars in CA was fun and I met some really nice people. Comparing CA to anywhere else is impossible. I guess that is what gives it all the appeal.

Old December 2nd, 2010, 04:48 PM   #40
Blackwidow

whats moonlighting?

sounds like something on roller skates or something