ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > Motorcycle Gear

Old March 31st, 2011, 09:46 PM   #1
ManiacalNinja
ninjette.org member

Name: John

Motorcycle(s): None YET.

Cool Scorpion EXO Black CoolHand came in today. Here's what I think.

Hey everyone. So I got my new gloves today. Thought I would post what I think of them here and what they look like on a hand. I'd like to apologize for the quality in advance. I used my ipod instead of my camera because I was too lazy to get up and get the cam lol. So here it is:

First, they're pretty light. I was wondering if they just shipped me an empty box at first lol. As you can see in the picture, they look a bit weird when they're not on your hands. Thats because the fingures are "Pre-curved) which is kind of more comfortable because ur hand tends to rest more curved as if you were slightly holding the bars of the motorcycle when you're really not. I assume when riding this would be kind of good because it wouldnt put too much stress on your hand.

Second, once you put them on they fit very good. In fact, they're slightly tighter then I thought. If you go by the chart size provided to you (if you get it from a website or what not) then they'll fit perfect. As you can see here. Note that my wrist is bent a bit so thats why the wrist part is kinda up lol. Not that its loose. Its tight but in a good way. You wouldnt want gloves that were too lose having you slip in them or too tight cutting off the circulation. These are just right.

Third:If you can see in the picture below I got a little light to shine on the plam of my hands and it's reflecting off little circles. Those are silicone grips. They add extra grip. I opened doors with these babys a bit better then when I didnt have them on. Lol. The grip is certainly a plus.

And in this picture you can also see the two first fingers (your pointer and middle) have the little silicone grips as well. (Those rectangle lines on the tip. You can kind of see them.) This will add for perhaps a better grip on the clutch and front brake, which when you have gloves on you'll positively want. (You can see that in the picture above as well.) These are on both gloves.

Another thing I really like about it is how cool they are. They kept my hands a bit warm I'll admit, but just wearing them not moving I felt air on my palm. I actually thought there was a hole in my palm and kept looking but since they're mesh like and the elastic is set up in a certain stitching design, it allows maximum air flow. Which is great since I live in florida. Also the material is pretty good and what not. I believe these gloves will do their job by keeping the skin ON my hands instead of on the road. The only con is when I put them on, on my right hand something hurts and I move around and theres a string inside. I think it's just mine. Nothing sizers cant fix. Over all great gloves and I highly suggest. I got them from www.leatherup.com for $42 and some change in total. Hope this helped some who were looking for a good pair of gloves.

Keep in mind I have not been on a bike yet with these and it will be a while until I am. So all these are just from a first inspection/playing around with them point of view. Cheers.