ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > General Motorcycling Discussion

Old August 12th, 2011, 05:58 AM   #1
slolane
Motorcyclist

Name: James

Motorcycle(s): 2014 Ninja 300 ABS

Got a scooter a couple of weeks ago...

Got a scooter a couple of weeks ago, it's a pretty fun ride so far, just a toy to ride around local on.

2011 Honda Ruckus

It's a bit of a rugged model, semi-knobby tires, steel tube frame. I have only done a couple of mods and will keep it simple for this one, nothing major... at least for now. My son ride's it too, more than he drives his car right now.

Honda's website.
slolane is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 12th, 2011, 06:06 AM   #2
"A"
vampire

Name: A

Motorcycle(s): 2 many 2 list

Cool

Adventure of Wan on a Ruckus

So, a guy from Seoul, Korea flies into North Carolina last October with an idea to ride all over and see the sights. A motorcycle is what he wants, but discovers it’s big $$$ to insure it. So he buys a Honda Ruckus… 49cc, top speed (on a good day) of 40 mph. He loads his gear and takes off South…

…to Miami, then across the ‘Glades, north to the panhandle, west to LA, north to Seattle, south to Denver, east to StLouis, north to China town, east to Detroit, and as of right now he’s headed south, and then will be headed east to NYC and south again to conclude his trip where it began.

Along the way he has met some fine folks, suffered through snowstorms, hail, getting pulled over, flat tires, high winds, a sprained wrist, and a ton of other events that might make the average person give up and fly home.

Link to original page on YouTube.

"A" is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 12th, 2011, 06:06 AM   #3
dk58
ninjette.org member

Name: Dan

Motorcycle(s): 10 Ninja 250R

I was going to get a Ruckus before I purchased my 250. I still look for them and would pick one up if the price was right.

Do you feel like it's too underpowered? That was my only concern, living somewhere with tons of hills.
dk58 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 12th, 2011, 06:11 AM   #4
caps
Sexy Beast

Name: Mat

Motorcycle(s): 2010 Ninja 250R, 2006 ZX-14, 2012 Ducati Monster

lemme know if you have any questions

And a 150 engine will work if you feel it is too slow

caps is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 12th, 2011, 10:50 AM   #5
DarC
DUCEATR

Name: Dan

Motorcycle(s): RVT1000R

That guy is inspirational...awesome feat.

Looks like a fun lil scoot. If I live back in D.C. still I would definitely pick one up to tool around locally on. Not sure if I could handle the cross country, although the idea sounds tremendously awesome.
2001 SP1 RC51- #62 -Akrapovic Ti, PCIII, Colin Edward's first baby tooth, Honda Racing sticker, some Japanese doods best attempt at Engrish scribbled on my engine block, little touch of soul.
DarC is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 12th, 2011, 11:56 AM   #6
CynicalC
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Colin

Motorcycle(s): '96 EX250

Love the ruckus. People mod the hell out of them. I wanted to buy one for commuting before I realized how slow they were.

Old August 12th, 2011, 01:48 PM   #7
alex.s
wat

Name: wat

Motorcycle(s): wat

MOTM - Oct '12, Feb '14
oh man i love ruckuses. i've been wanting to buy a busted up older one for awhile now.

p.s. caps nice single side extended swingarm. though i think with how low it is you need some ape-hangers on that thing.

Old August 12th, 2011, 03:19 PM   #8
slolane
Motorcyclist

Name: James

Motorcycle(s): 2014 Ninja 300 ABS

"A" - Thanks, that's an incredible trip!!

dk58 - I think it all has to do with expectations, mine was low... riding on roads with speeds mostly of 25-35 my Ruckus does well. It hits an indicated 43 on the flats, I heard these newer ones ran fairly well and it seems to.

caps - SWEET RUCK!!! I have been on the Ruckus Forums reading a good bit, there are A LOT of mods out there. I'm planning to keep it mostly mild and not get too into it, at least for now but I love the stretched and low Rucks.
slolane is offline   Reply With Quote