View Full Version : Official 2013 Ninja 300 (and 250) Thread

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

2009zx6rider
July 26th, 2012, 05:13 PM
EDIT by Alex: Initial post accurately predicted that the 2013 would be released as a 300; was deleted before the release date.

Stingray1000
July 26th, 2012, 05:17 PM
Sounds like fun!

Alex
July 26th, 2012, 05:17 PM
I heard it was going to be a 3000.

http://www.motortopia.com/files/7/journal/487bc303572c6/gunbus-1.jpg

Sinister
July 26th, 2012, 05:19 PM
I haven't heard anything about this but i will say that the 250 was conspicuous in its absence at the demo days tour this year.

Malicious Logic
July 26th, 2012, 05:22 PM
Looking forward to this 'proof'....and subscribing because I'm too lazy to check back. :P

Boom King
July 26th, 2012, 05:25 PM
I heard it was going to be a 3000.

http://www.motortopia.com/files/7/journal/487bc303572c6/gunbus-1.jpg

And it includes a centre stand! That's what I'm talking about Kawi :thumbup:

rceezy
July 26th, 2012, 05:27 PM
If it comes with a hot chick, I'm sold.

Jiggles
July 26th, 2012, 05:28 PM
Thank goodness they are redesigning this bike. Many people have the misconception that this bike is a great starter bike but if you look at the sales they are dismal at best. Kawi was being pushed out of the market by its vast amount of competitors like the CBR250. Without a redesign of the tired old 250 Kawasaki was likely headed for bankruptcy.

Old Lemon
July 26th, 2012, 05:48 PM
Subbed. You trollin. But since I am now subscribed I can apologize right quick when something comes up

Dopamine
July 26th, 2012, 05:50 PM
I want proof!!... then i can give you an apology :thumbup:

Apex
July 26th, 2012, 05:51 PM
I honestly think they need to bring back the 400 class. That is the PERFECT bike size.

Jiggles
July 26th, 2012, 05:54 PM
100% agree, 400 is the perfect amount of power with great MPGs

However in America, I don't think anyone (besides me) would consider a 400, they'd jump straight to the 600/650s

Jiggles
July 26th, 2012, 05:54 PM
They also need to bring back 20k redline inline 4 250s

dirty nasty
July 26th, 2012, 05:58 PM
I agree Jiggles. However, too many of our fellow country men are too ****ing stupid to realize that they don't need the power of a 600. They'd rather do wheelies down the highway at 80 MPH. That ain't riding, hence why they're not motorcyclists. It's also unfortunate that the smaller bikes would cost about as much as a larger bike, so nobody is going to go for it in America. They've tried and the class is no more...

Jiggles
July 26th, 2012, 06:03 PM
The 650 has too much power for the street, no one needs that much power let alone a 600 or 1000. Which reminds me I need to go edit my motorcycles

Apex
July 26th, 2012, 06:04 PM
Meh, I think they need to make up a points system. After so many points, you are allowed to upgrade to the next class. That way you don't get those tards that say "I can handle a 1000" when they have never been on a bike before.

It would promote sales and also promote safer riding. Of course, cruiser riders would be screwed. :lol:

Maybe
≤300cc sport bike and ≤800cc cruiser for a year or two
≤600cc sport bike and ≤1000cc cruiser for a year or so
then full access.

dirty nasty
July 26th, 2012, 06:05 PM
For public road ways it is my belief that anything over 300cc is absurd. My 250 gets me around much faster than almost any every day vehicle I come across in my travels. I'm not saying one shouldn't ride anything larger than a 250, but some people really need to re-consider their wants vs. their needs. Me, myself, I want a road legal RGV250. However, the Ninja 250 is what I need right now. I'll get my RG someday. :)

Jiggles
July 26th, 2012, 06:16 PM
Meh, I think they need to make up a points system. After so many points, you are allowed to upgrade to the next class. That way you don't get those tards that say "I can handle a 1000" when they have never been on a bike before.

It would promote sales and also promote safer riding. Of course, cruiser riders would be screwed. :lol:

Maybe <320cc sport bike and <800cc cruiser for a year or two
then <610cc sport bike and <1000cc cruiser for a year or so
then full access.

I hate when people suggest protecting people from themselves. If you want to get a bike you can't handle, go ahead you have the right to buy anything you want, and I have the right to call you a ****ing idiot :D But seriously let people do whatever they want to. Take 15yr old robert for example, I 100% support his parents right to buy him an R6. Sure I think he's an idiot for doing so, but it would be even more idiotic to force him to stay on a 250.

For public road ways it is my belief that anything over 300cc is absurd. My 250 gets me around much faster than almost any every day vehicle I come across in my travels. I'm not saying one shouldn't ride anything larger than a 250, but some people really need to re-consider their wants vs. their needs. Me, myself, I want a road legal RGV250. However, the Ninja 250 is what I need right now. I'll get my RG someday. :)

So 40hp on a motorcycle is absurd? Lol. Yes the 250 is a great bike for what it is, but lets be honest, it sucks for 2up and will never come close to being a great touring bike, its comfort level is ok and it's passing power on the highway is mediocre. That's not to say it can't do any of these things, it sure as hell can, but there are better options for different aspects of riding and a rare few of them come in a package under 300ccs

dirty nasty
July 26th, 2012, 06:21 PM
Meh, I've got no problems with 2 up, passing, highway riding, etc. Nobody NEEDS more power. Is it nice to have? Definitely. Do you NEED it? Absolutely not. For public roads thinking that you NEED much more than what a 250cc twin can provide is compensating for poor riding technique. You'll already move much faster than most cage traffic on a 250.

Jiggles
July 26th, 2012, 06:27 PM
Karl, reread my last post, you misunderstood me.

I'd also like to direct you to my sig

.l
.l
.l
.l
.l
.l
.l
V

edxmon
July 26th, 2012, 06:29 PM

However in America, I don't think anyone (besides me) would consider a 400, they'd jump straight to the 600/650s

Yup, you're the only one

http://www.ninjette.org/forums/showthread.php?t=110105

seanshawnS
July 26th, 2012, 06:31 PM
The 650 has too much power for the street, no one needs that much power let alone a 600 or 1000. Which reminds me I need to go edit my motorcycles

If top speed is what you're talking about.. then sure. But what about torque? Gearing, touring etc. A 250 is going to have to lack in at least one of these areas, simply due to the amount of torque and power it's able to produce(IMO).

CC Cowboy
July 26th, 2012, 06:33 PM
I haven't heard about a 300 but I did notice the 250 isn't in the line-up for 2013. There has been rumors that the 250 Ninja is being dropped due to the enormous amount of riders crashing, then posting about their crash online. The Honda has been given numerous awards for being such a good bike. They are winning all the 250 class races with their new bike. There hasn't been record numbers of riders crashing either.

On a lighter note, the 250 Ninja will become a collector's item ( as long as the condition is mint ) and prices are expecting to be in the $10,000 to $12,500 range with in a few years.

There has been a rush of investors buying out dealers stock in the Kawasaki 250 Ninja which is driving the price up as we speak. They aren't even riders but are Wall Street investors trying to corner the market before the 250 Ninja wannabe riders realize the value of this bike. With new bikes becoming in short supply the asking price will sky rocket very soon.

edxmon
July 26th, 2012, 06:36 PM
I haven't heard about a 300 but I did notice the 250 isn't in the line-up for 2013. There has been rumors that the 250 Ninja is being dropped due to the enormous amount of riders crashing, then posting about their crash online. The Honda has been given numerous awards for being such a good bike. They are winning all the 250 class races with their new bike. There hasn't been record numbers of riders crashing either.

On a lighter note, the 250 Ninja will become a collector's item ( as long as the condition is mint ) and prices are expecting to be in the $10,000 to $12,500 range with in a few years.

There has been a rush of investors buying out dealers stock in the Kawasaki 250 Ninja which is driving the price up as we speak. They aren't even riders but are Wall Street investors trying to corner the market before the 250 Ninja wannabe riders realise the value of this bike. With new bikes becoming in short supply the asking price will sky rocket very soon.

Too much for one post.

Should have split the trolliness into small bite sized posts. I feel overtrolled

Jiggles
July 26th, 2012, 06:42 PM
If top speed is what you're talking about.. then sure. But what about torque? Gearing, touring etc. A 250 is going to have to lack in at least one of these areas, simply due to the amount of torque and power it's able to produce(IMO).

Top speed is not what I'm talking about. The 650 was a ****ing rocket, it didn't matter what gear I was in nor what speed I always had plenty of power to spare. The only time I could even consider going WOT was if I was in a high enough gear at a low enough speed. I could easily beat any car worth under $1,000,000 and that's with a $7,500 bike that is not even close to the performance of a 600. I whole heartily believe the 650 offers far more power than any biker will ever need on the street

That said it was too slow for me so I picked up the Ninja 1000

Old Lemon
July 26th, 2012, 06:44 PM
Yea you need to ask jiggles or robert to teach you how to troll correctly

seanshawnS
July 26th, 2012, 06:46 PM
That said it was too slow for me so I picked up the Ninja 1000

:bow:

ninjaone
July 26th, 2012, 06:49 PM
For public road ways it is my belief that anything over 300cc is absurd.

Thank god we have the freedom to be absurd! :D

If people really only drove what they "need" we'd all be riding around in CBR125Rs and driving air-cooled beetles from the 50s.

areifel
July 26th, 2012, 06:51 PM
This is awesome news!

Still waiting to see if Yamaha surprises us with a 250.

seanshawnS
July 26th, 2012, 06:55 PM

If people really only drove what they "need" we'd all be riding around in CBR125Rs and driving air-cooled beetles from the 50s.

You go too far!:p

I remember reading a review where the reviewer noted the 125 struggled up certain hills.. now that's just plain dangerous.

Jiggles
July 26th, 2012, 06:56 PM
Yea you need to ask jiggles or robert to teach you how to troll correctly

1. Robert isn't a troll

2. Oscar is one of the most entertaining posters on this forum and I can only strive to be as great as him one day

Jono
July 26th, 2012, 06:57 PM
Mmhm 300cc is kinda a weird engine size. Im just gonnna call BS with no future apology for the OP.

Jiggles
July 26th, 2012, 06:58 PM
Mmhm 300cc is kinda a weird engine size. Im just gonnna call BS with no future apology for the OP.

It saves on production costs. They simply saw a 600 in half

Jono
July 26th, 2012, 07:02 PM
Ahh, it makes so much sense now.

JustRidin
July 26th, 2012, 07:04 PM
A points system would be interesting, but to agree with a post after that, nobody should restrict the bikes some idiots will ride. To be honest, if they want to go for something too big for them to handle let them suffer the consequences and they'll learn. Tough luck teaches a lot faster. All restricting people does is piss them off and make them likely to do something even more stupid when they can get their hands on a bigger bike.

choneofakind
July 26th, 2012, 07:35 PM
Well, seeing as I've already taken the bait from jiggles once tonight, I'm not biting on this one :lol:

But an extra 50cc's would be nice. It would be like a really big bore job on a 250, and if they literally just take half a 600 engine, would they continue the trend with the giant freaking TB's used on 600's to boost the top end? That could be fun. A really high strung 300cc parallel twin.

Anyhow, I'm still betting on a 250. But I'm now going to be paying attention :)
Posted via Mobile Device

ARc
July 26th, 2012, 07:38 PM
Lies :D:p:confused:

dirty nasty
July 26th, 2012, 08:36 PM

You go too far!:p

^ i agree, that's too far. :p

I'd love to see a 300cc twin with EFI though. If not EFI maybe they could budget in updated suspension and brakes.

Apex
July 26th, 2012, 10:16 PM
I hate when people suggest protecting people from themselves. If you want to get a bike you can't handle, go ahead you have the right to buy anything you want, and I have the right to call you a ****ing idiot :D But seriously let people do whatever they want to. Take 15yr old robert for example, I 100% support his parents right to buy him an R6. Sure I think he's an idiot for doing so, but it would be even more idiotic to force him to stay on a 250.

You do have a point. The main thing I was thinking about was small bike sales. Maybe then we can get more updates and better technology in the smaller bikes. I guess then you have to deal with the increased price as well.

Jiggles
July 26th, 2012, 10:20 PM
You do have a point. The main thing I was thinking about was small bike sales. Maybe then we can get more updates and better technology in the smaller bikes. I guess then you have to deal with the increased price as well.

Yea the only good that would come of it would be a 400cc class which would ****ing rule.

But if 5 months ago I was told I could not get a 650 I would be ****ing pissed. And if I was told now I could not get my sweet sexy 1000 I'd probably go on a murderous rampage, ****, ban guns next!

itsEnZo
July 26th, 2012, 10:38 PM
Wouldn't we have already seen at least one leaked pic by now? I guess kawi is really good at keeping things a secret lol

Jiggles
July 26th, 2012, 10:39 PM
Wouldn't we have already seen at least one leaked pic by now? I guess kawi is really good at keeping things a secret lol

There's a commercial that's been put out for it, I'll grab the link

Jiggles
July 26th, 2012, 10:40 PM
D6UWzOqB9tM

tac12345
July 26th, 2012, 10:48 PM
lol, engine sounds like an I-4

Buffalony
July 26th, 2012, 11:21 PM

There has been a rush of investors buying out dealers stock in the Kawasaki 250 Ninja which is driving the price up as we speak. They aren't even riders but are Wall Street investors trying to corner the market before the 250 Ninja wannabe riders realize the value of this bike. With new bikes becoming in
short supply the asking price will sky rocket very soon.

:der: You havent changed much over the years! :caked:

nickjpass
July 26th, 2012, 11:25 PM
More RPM's = More Problems

Saying that...a CBR250RR is still my dream bike! :)

itsEnZo
July 26th, 2012, 11:35 PM
I remember that vid from another thread, jiggles -.- it turned out to be a Honda iirc

NinjetteNewfie
July 27th, 2012, 06:23 AM
Just to comment on the possibility of kawi introducing a 400 class bike, it is already being sold here in Canada for the last year and a half. Looks just like the 650 with the "banana seat". Personally, I like the look of the 250 much more. You can find the bike at Kawasaki.ca.

lgk
July 27th, 2012, 06:39 AM
Just to comment on the possibility of kawi introducing a 400 class bike, it is already being sold here in Canada for the last year and a half. Looks just like the 650 with the "banana seat". Personally, I like the look of the 250 much more. You can find the bike at Kawasaki.ca.

Are the motors a similar size?

Seems like a more realistic transplant than a 500cc motor.

sombo
July 27th, 2012, 07:02 AM

Are the motors a similar size?

Seems like a more realistic transplant than a 500cc motor.

It's a watered down (sleeved cylinders to reduce cc's) 650 motor in the exact same bike. What the others are talking about is a true 400cc, different bike, different motor, like the old 400cc I-4 motors of old.

NikRN06
July 27th, 2012, 07:07 AM
Here is a shot of that Canadian Ninja 400. Other than the banana seat its not bad.

ninjamunky85
July 27th, 2012, 07:10 AM
I haven't seen anybody mention that in Europe new riders are limited to 125cc. While that wouldn't fly in America, it's not a bad idea to have a limit for new riders.

For once I agree with Jiggles though. This is America, and you should be able to buy whatever bike your wallet allows.

The sad truth is though that small bikes are a hard sell in this country, especially since they aren't much or any cheaper than bigger bikes. Hell, the WR250X was over 7K off the showroom floor. The Ninja250 is a success story. Yet, even though the old gen was one of Kawi's best selling models for 20 years, I didn't even know they made a 250 Ninja until I bought one.

I'd be very surprised to see any big changes to the Ninja250, and very disappointed if it wasn't being sold.

nrninja
July 27th, 2012, 07:24 AM
Looks like it's time to start importing RVF400s from the UK. Who's with me?

ninjamunky85
July 27th, 2012, 07:43 AM
That is a sweet bike, so was the Bandit 400. You don't have to go across the ocean to find a nice 400 though. Kawasaki sell the Ninja 400R in Canada. Problem is it's just the 650 with a smaller engine. It wouldn't sell in America, cause anything less than a 600 is lame.:rolleyes:

http://www.kawasaki.ca/model/STREET-TOURING/1443/Ninja-400R

walty87
July 27th, 2012, 08:16 AM
if yamaha made a 250 that looks like an r6....

i don't even wanna say it, but I'd prob sell my ninja and get one of those.

Gunner
July 27th, 2012, 08:38 AM
if yamaha made a 250 that looks like an r6....

i don't even wanna say it, but I'd prob sell my ninja and get one of those.

As would I :thumbup:

Ps i have driven the 400 in Canada and it is fantastic, Digitial Guages, lightwieght, great suspenstion and pretty quick. I never buy new but once these start showing up on craigslist i'm going to be all over it. The States are really missing out :p

broilmebk
July 27th, 2012, 08:44 AM
Thank goodness they are redesigning this bike. Many people have the misconception that this bike is a great starter bike but if you look at the sales they are dismal at best. Kawi was being pushed out of the market by its vast amount of competitors like the CBR250. Without a redesign of the tired old 250 Kawasaki was likely headed for bankruptcy.

I thought the CBR wasn't doing well in sales?
http://www.ninjette.org/forums/showthread.php?t=110047

massacremasses
July 27th, 2012, 08:52 AM
I thought the CBR wasn't doing well in sales?
http://www.ninjette.org/forums/showthread.php?t=110047

He was being sarcastic. Ninja 250 sales are high and will remain high.

broilmebk
July 27th, 2012, 08:55 AM
hahah oops. I should have known better :hitself:

massacremasses
July 27th, 2012, 08:59 AM
hahah oops. I should have known better :hitself:

dont take anything Jiggles or CC Cowboy say seriously.

lgk
July 27th, 2012, 10:23 AM
It's a watered down (sleeved cylinders to reduce cc's) 650 motor in the exact same bike. What the others are talking about is a true 400cc, different bike, different motor, like the old 400cc I-4 motors of old.

that would be nice to have a small 4 cyl.
if they came out with a 350cc or 400cc twin i would buy it as well.

Old Lemon
July 27th, 2012, 11:00 AM
If I ever get tired of my ninja I'm taking a road trip to get that 400

ninjaone
July 27th, 2012, 11:02 AM
I haven't seen anybody mention that in Europe new riders are limited to 125cc. While that wouldn't fly in America, it's not a bad idea to have a limit for new riders.

It's a terrible idea. For one thing those laws are made by people who have zero understanding of motorcycles. They pull laws out of a hat to limit what motorcyclists can and can't do. Second, it's a slippery slope. First, they limit new riders to 125cc for 6 months. Then it's a year, then it's two years. Now they are proposing four years.

That means for probably more then 10% of your adult life, you are riding around a motorcycle that you find boring because the government forced you too.

ai4px
July 27th, 2012, 11:12 AM

Maybe
then full access.

Wife and I made a rule: No passengers until you've been riding a year. I now take the kids out 2 up on mine, but she's not there yet.

lgk
July 27th, 2012, 11:13 AM
It's a terrible idea. For one thing those laws are made by people who have zero understanding of motorcycles. They pull laws out of a hat to limit what motorcyclists can and can't do. Second, it's a slippery slope. First, they limit new riders to 125cc for 6 months. Then it's a year, then it's two years. Now they are proposing four years.

That means for probably more then 10% of your adult life, you are riding around a motorcycle that you find boring because the government forced you too.

i agree
let the people do what they want, the government is the worst nanny...

ai4px
July 27th, 2012, 11:25 AM
This is America, and you should be able to buy whatever bike your wallet allows.

I tried like crazy to convince a girl at work that she should start on something like a 250 ninja. She got an R6 anyway. Her logic was how soon she would outgrow the 250 and just loose money on a trade/upgrade in a year anyway. Soooo..... she's got a cute R6 that really impresses me and she's scared to death of it. I suppose that's a good thing b/c she hasn't opened it up yet and killed herself. This logic though really permeates the market. People don't realize the learning curve and just promise themselves they won't do anything stupid.

ninjaone
July 27th, 2012, 11:48 AM
I tried like crazy to convince a girl at work that she should start on something like a 250 ninja. She got an R6 anyway. Her logic was how soon she would outgrow the 250 and just loose money on a trade/upgrade in a year anyway. Soooo..... she's got a cute R6 that really impresses me and she's scared to death of it. I suppose that's a good thing b/c she hasn't opened it up yet and killed herself. This logic though really permeates the market. People don't realize the learning curve and just promise themselves they won't do anything stupid.

I hear people talking about these anecdotes all the time but I'm really not sure why anyone would be "afraid" to ride a Japanese 600 supersport like the R6, CBR600RR, ZX6R, etc.

They all have very little torque, and all the power comes on at the high end of the rev range. If you keep the revs below 6000, they are like little puppies and in many ways easier to ride then a 250.

I would think anyone would figure this out after spending 10 minutes on a 600.

lgk
July 27th, 2012, 11:49 AM

did she get a new r6 or used?
I'm curious how much money she spent on gear.

ai4px
July 27th, 2012, 11:51 AM
If you keep the revs below 6000, they are like little puppies and in many ways easier to ride then a 250.

You have a point there, I may have to adjust my thinking.

Racer x
July 27th, 2012, 11:56 AM
I had the same conversation ten minutes ago with an insurance adjuster. Never rode before no license has not even ridden a bicycle since he was 14. And now he is buying a 600 Honda for 6000 dollars because he likes the muffler under the seat. Would not want the 250 because it's not big enough. I just told him to be careful and walked away. O ya he said the heat coming off the engine of his friends bike was not to bad . He could ride in shorts with no problem.

choneofakind
July 27th, 2012, 11:57 AM
Bah ha ha hahaha!
Posted via Mobile Device

CC Cowboy
July 27th, 2012, 11:59 AM

You are very hurtful.

choneofakind
July 27th, 2012, 12:04 PM
You are very hurtful.

don't take it personally. Its Justin were talking about here. No one takes him seriously anyways; too short for that
Posted via Mobile Device

ai4px
July 27th, 2012, 12:04 PM
Oh yeah!! riding with shorts is definitely a priority for me. You've got to be kidding me!

You - yes YOU... outta the gene pool!

seanshawnS
July 27th, 2012, 12:16 PM

I considered it, but in my mind It's a ganked 650 rather than it's own bike. Sort of like the fz6r or something.

As for the 650, the 2013 in white looks gorgeous.

Racer x
July 27th, 2012, 12:44 PM
I did a lot of measurements. With custom sleeves and pistons. The max you can bore a 250 ninja into is a 299cc. Kawasaki could built a 299cc bike and not change the price. The extra 50cc would be worth 5-10 hp so would you like to have a stock 250 ninja with 30 to 35 hp?

NinjaVanish
July 27th, 2012, 01:09 PM
I was, to put it nicely, advised by my friends to buy a used 600 sports bike versus buying a new 250 because of how quickly I would outgrow the quarter liter; but I decided to listen to others that told me to learn how to corner well with the 250 and upgrade if/when I wanted to. I feel like I can increase my confidence and riding skills much quicker with the 250 since I'm new to motorcycling than starting off on a 600. The shop owner I purchased my 250 also told me that he would buy my bike back next season for most of what I paid for it if I do want to upgrade.

I would be very interested to see how a 300 would differ from a 250...

Racer x
July 27th, 2012, 01:15 PM
I started on a 600 kawasaki then a vfr800 before upgrading to a ninja 250. Big bikes are heavy ,hot and expensive. I went 145 on the VFR. I never went over 100 mph on the 600 and regularly go over 100 mph with my 250. Funny hu??

sendler
July 27th, 2012, 01:16 PM
If I ever get tired of my ninja I'm taking a road trip to get that 400

Most people don't like the Ninja 400. It is the same weight and price as the 650.

Jiggles
July 27th, 2012, 01:31 PM

Justin is straight

Jiggles
July 27th, 2012, 01:36 PM
I considered it, but in my mind It's a ganked 650 rather than it's own bike. Sort of like the fz6r or something.

As for the 650, the 2013 in white looks gorgeous.

The 400 actually is the 650, same engine block, with smaller pistons

massacremasses
July 27th, 2012, 01:46 PM
You are very hurtful.

I <3 u

Justin is straight

http://assets.diylol.com/hfs/1d0/e13/974/resized/gym-locker-room-naked-old-guy-meme-generator-i-am-100-straight-wanna-shower-together-4c802d.jpg

ninjaone
July 27th, 2012, 01:59 PM
You have a point there, I may have to adjust my thinking.

I recommend you (and everyone here) seriously try to find an opportunity to get some seat time on a 600 supersport some time. Dealerships will frequently have demo bikes you can try, whether it's Kawasaki at this time or not.

It's easy to dog on supersport owners if you've never tried it, thinking they are insane machines for the streets. If you push it to the limit, yes, the 600 is not appropriate for public roads, but really the same could be said for 250s as well. MotoGP has a 250cc series too after all.

Supersports are a huge barrel of fun though, even if you will never approach their limits. They have two characters, a docile, easy going character below 8000, and a rip your face off extreme speed character near 14000. Even if you only keep things below 8000, the markedly improved suspension, forks, braking, and steering geometry means you can have a lot of fun (and have a lot of confidence) in corners even if you only go the speed limit.

Trust me, go to a demo day and you will see that 600s aren't the "big scary monsters" some of these forums make them out to be.

ninjamunky85
July 27th, 2012, 02:16 PM
600s aren't the "big scary monsters" some of these forums make them out to be.

You are 100% correct. I rode one for the first time a few weeks ago. I wouldn't say that it was easier or more fun to ride than my bike though. Throttle control was no problem, and at lower RPM's the power isn't either.

Power in the higher RPM's is crazy though, and it's boring riding at slow speeds. It doesn't even feel like you are moving until your going 85. It's was harder to handle at slow speed and I noticed the extra weight every second I was on the bike.

Of course a 600 weighs a lot more than the old 250. In the end I felt like it was more work and less fun, but I'm a heck of a lot more comfortable on my bike cause I ride it everyday.

seanshawnS
July 27th, 2012, 02:23 PM
You are 100% correct. I rode one for the first time a few weeks ago. I wouldn't say that it was easier or more fun to ride than my bike though. Throttle control was no problem, and at lower RPM's the power isn't either.

Power in the higher RPM's is crazy though, and it's boring riding at slow speeds. It doesn't even feel like you are moving until your going 85. It's was harder to handle at slow speed and I noticed the extra weight every second I was on the bike.

Of course a 600 weighs a lot more than the old 250. In the end I felt like it was more work and less fun, but I'm a heck of a lot more comfortable on my bike cause I ride it everyday.

Cheers I feel the exact same way. For the track those bikes make sense.. but for practical use, it's just too much. I want torque at slow speeds, the only thing I dislike about the ninja is the gutless low end/fistful of throttle and constant shifting required to pull away at a stop light.

Jiggles
July 27th, 2012, 02:23 PM
I have never ridden a 600, I have however ridden and owned a Ninja 650. That thing has too much power for the street. That bike is not a good beginner bike. How could a production 600 race bike that is arguably better in every aspect than the 650 be a good beginner bike?

seanshawnS
July 27th, 2012, 02:28 PM
I have never ridden a 600, I have however ridden and owned a Ninja 650. That thing has too much power for the street. That bike is not a good beginner bike. How could a production 600 race bike that is arguably better in every aspect than the 650 be a good beginner bike?

maybe torque curve? If you really want to stretch an argument.

Same reason some have made the argument in favor of the ninja(250) over the cbr250r, low end torque can get you into trouble just like top end speed. The difference is you'll probably walk away from the low speed drop vs the high speed Sonny Bono.

namdamyo
July 27th, 2012, 02:35 PM
Should we take into account that OP only has one post? seems trollish.

That aside, I think that a bike between 250 and 600 would be great. There's a pretty big gap in the US, especially now that the ex500 and GS500 are no longer produced. A 400 would be nice, but more in line with the current 250r styling rather than the canadian version. I think if they had that, maybe there wouldn't be as many people starting on 600s (or moving up to 600 after a month + totaling the 250... lol)

Jiggles
July 27th, 2012, 02:38 PM
maybe torque curve? If you really want to stretch an argument.

Same reason some have made the argument in favor of the ninja(250) over the cbr250r, low end torque can get you into trouble just like top end speed. The difference is you'll probably walk away from the low speed drop vs the high speed Sonny Bono.

You really can't compare 250s and 600s the way you are trying to

ninjamunky85
July 27th, 2012, 02:49 PM
Should we take into account that OP only has one post? seems trollish.

Oh, it's absolutely "trollish", I mean a Ninja 300, c'mon

Cheers I feel the exact same way. For the track those bikes make sense.. but for practical use, it's just too much. I want torque at slow speeds, the only thing I dislike about the ninja is the gutless low end/fistful of throttle and constant shifting required to pull away at a stop light.

I feel you about the lack of low end torque, it would be nice to have more. It would be nice to have more power everywhere. Changing the gearing helped me with the constant gear changes though.

In the end bikes below 600cc are a tough sell here. I think the Ninja 650 was always intended to be a replacement for the 500. It seems bikes are going the same way as cars, bigger and heavier but not any better.

seanshawnS
July 27th, 2012, 02:52 PM
You really can't compare 250s and 600s the way you are trying to

I told you it was a stretch;)

ninjaone
July 27th, 2012, 03:30 PM

The weight difference between the 250R and the ZX-6R is less then 50 pounds. I wouldn't call that "a lot" more. It is less then the difference between, say, a 250R and a 250R with a 6 year old as passenger. I believe the ZX-6R also has a lower center of gravity, and the higher quality suspension should have been obvious around turns. Yes, it sucks maneuvering any bike at extremely low speeds, and the ~50 extra pounds would be obvious backing your bike into a parking space, but really how often do you move that slowly?

The nice thing about 600s is that it can be whatever bike you want. If you just want to put around down, don't use the extra RPMs, if you do, it's there for you when you want to have fun. You can shift it just like a 250R and go about as fast, or you can stretch your shifts out and be screaming down the road.

Anyway, I'm glad you actually tried one. I recommend others do as well before making assumptions, such as - as soon you twist the throttle on a 600 you are going to die.

ZackoFF96
July 27th, 2012, 04:04 PM
oh god, kawasaki please dont release a 300.

i just bought my baby for like a month :( i dont want my bike to be outdated already :(

Whiskey
July 27th, 2012, 04:21 PM
IF the 250 is being replaced (I dont think it will) it will be a 400cc to replace it, I'd almost guarantee that there will be a new 400 on sale next year from one of the big 4.

Europe is bringing in a new set of orders on cc, power & age limits for bikes, the intermediate step is a 400-600cc bike for 2 years

Maybe
then full access.

You ride a bicycle. so how about you have to get a licence, then ride a bmx for a year or two, then a city bike for a year or so then you can ride any bicycle you like...

I was restricted to 33bhp/25kW for 32 months, It does not promote sales or safer riding, half the riders where I'm from ignore the restriction, buy a 600, get the cert, take out the baffles & ride on regardless. I got the ninja (which is quoted as 33bhp) so I kept it & served my time, but I ride like an :asshat: because of it, I should have moved up in power over a year ago, but instead I followed the law (at least in part) but have taken to misbehaving on the road, obnoxious lean angles for city riding, winding it on

Try a few bigger bikes, go educate yourself before making stupid comments, not every bike is a supersport, try full on long range touring on a 250 & come back to me saying over 300cc is absurd. You sound like an idiot.

For once I agree with Jiggles though. This is America, and you should be able to buy whatever bike your wallet allows.

The sad truth is though that small bikes are a hard sell in this country, especially since they aren't much or any cheaper than bigger bikes. Hell, the WR250X was over 7K off the showroom floor. The Ninja250 is a success story. Yet, even though the old gen was one of Kawi's best selling models for 20 years, I didn't even know they made a 250 Ninja until I bought one.

I'd be very surprised to see any big changes to the Ninja250, and very disappointed if it wasn't being sold.

Europe doesn't currently have a coherent restriction system, it's bringing one in early next year.
A1) 16 - <125cc & <11kW =>2 year wait & test/training course to move up to A2
A2) 18 - <600cc & <35kW (test on a >400cc bike) bikes may be restricted from higher power, but may not have their power reduced by over half =>2 year wait & test/training course to move up to A
A) 20 - unrestricted cc & hp

Direct access to A will be available to riders over 24, they havn't mentioned how that will be done, but the current UK system is a 3 day course & a stricter test on a >500cc bike.

Lower torque, a I4 makes more BHP but less torque than a twin, Alex's I6 will have a very smooth delivery, your I4 will be a bit more torquey & the 650 will be the most peaky ( short of a thumper). Torque kicks in at the lower revs, power is higher, so the 650 twin will be more aggressive & twitchy at lower revs (where you tend to use on the street)

Jiggles
July 27th, 2012, 04:29 PM
So that makes it a good beginner bike? :rolleyes:

Whiskey
July 27th, 2012, 04:40 PM
They have it as an intermediate bike.

It'll be something like

CBR 125 => something 400 => any bike

It seems that you have to do the 4 years & 2 tests or 3 training courses & 1 test to full power (Ireland had originally announced 6.5 year minimum where you would have the same power restriction for the final 4 years) the actual implementation was only announced today and is written in legalese so it'll take a while for the RSA (DMV) staff to figure it out.

Edit: I was dealing with your 1st point- fixed the quote.

And no a full power 600 SS is a bit much for a 1st bike, but I took one for a spin within months of getting my 1st bike, it was scary fast wen I wound it on but manageable when I didn't misbehave on it

Jiggles
July 27th, 2012, 04:44 PM
But sir, even though my harley is 800cc's it won't go over 80mph, can't I please ride it?

ninjaone
July 27th, 2012, 04:49 PM
So that makes it a good beginner bike? :rolleyes:

I actually question whether bikes like the SV650 or Ninja 650 are actually better "beginner bikes" then a 600 supersport. In the case of the Ninja 650, the latest generation actually weighs more then the ZX6R. The suspension of a ZX6R is light years beyond the 650 and the power delivery "around town" in the lower rev range is much more docile.

Personally I don't think either the SV650 or Ninja 650 are good for beginners. I don't think they are much better then a supersport either, if at all. If anything the torque makes them more of a hooligan bike for around town.

I think stepping up to something like a supersport from a 250 makes more sense in a lot of ways. You learn what a high quality suspension feels like. You can learn even greater finesse with the throttle by slowing learning to dip into the upper rev range, and you can learn more about power management for the streets. A Ninja 650 or SV650 on the other hand will just feel like a rocket across the whole rev range.

Again, not saying that either bike would be good for a beginner, but I'm not sure it's as cut and dry as people make it out to be.

Whiskey
July 27th, 2012, 04:51 PM
But sir, even though my harley is 800cc's it won't go over 80mph, can't I please ride it?

You're getting me wrong, this is what the fourth reich safety nazis are bringing in, I think it's a load of bollox.

let people get what the want, if you're an idiot & want to kill yourself starting on a 1000cc superbike with no helmet & only a borat mankini on go for it, just carry an organ donor card.

gt_turbo
July 27th, 2012, 04:57 PM
i hear they'll make it a three cylinder too.

gtfo troll! lol

Jiggles
July 27th, 2012, 04:58 PM
Are we really arguing that 600s are better for a beginner because they are slower than 650s? :happy60:

Ninja 650R

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b276/seanvoight/650R-dyno.jpg

zx6r

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b276/seanvoight/zx6r_dyno_big.gif

ninjaone
July 27th, 2012, 05:03 PM
Are we really arguing that 600s are better for a beginner because they are slower than 650s? :happy60:

Define "slower"? Slower around town? Slower light to light? Easier to ride slower?

I would argue a 600 is easier to ride slowly once you have learned the basics on a 250. There's nothing hard or challenging about shifting below 8000 RPMs.

Jiggles
July 27th, 2012, 05:06 PM
Define "slower"? Slower around town? Slower light to light? Easier to ride slower?

I would argue a 600 is easier to ride slowly once you have learned the basics on a 250. There's nothing hard or challenging about shifting below 8000 RPMs.

Yes, Apparently yes we are arguing that 600s are better for beginners because they are slower than 650s.

I'm going to go dig up my stash of percocet now

ninjaone
July 27th, 2012, 05:12 PM
To be clear I said repeatedly that both a 600 supersport and a 650 are TERRIBLE bikes for beginners. They aren't good platforms to learn the basics of throttle control, they are heavier then 250s so are harder to learn the basics of smooth cornering lines and ramping up lean angles. There are many benefits a 250 has over either a 650 or a 600 SS.

Between a 650 and 600SS , well there are pros and cons. 650 has several cons such as - heavier then a 600SS on a much crappier suspension with much lower limits, but can still go the same speeds as a 600SS around town "light to light".

Seems like you want to say there are absolutely no pros for a 600SS and absolutely no cons for a 650. Well, that's your opinion, but I disagree. Enjoy the percocet.

Jiggles
July 27th, 2012, 05:15 PM
No, the 650 would be a ****** option for a new rider, a 600 would be an even shittier option

The whole discussion was "Hey 600s aren't that bad as a first bike and are easier than a 650!"

Whiskey
July 27th, 2012, 05:17 PM

Ninja 650R

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b276/seanvoight/650R-dyno.jpg

zx6r

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b276/seanvoight/zx6r_dyno_big.gif

Have a look at the torque curves:thumbup:

Not all 600 I4s are supersports, all the big 4 have a SS & a sports model, kawi is the only one not doing a sports I4 Suzuki gixxer bandit, Yam R6 fazer, Honda CBR hornet

Kawi's I4 sports is a 750

ninjaone
July 27th, 2012, 05:21 PM

Not all 600 I4s are supersports, all the big 4 have a SS & a sports model, kawi is the only one not doing a sports I4 Suzuki gixxer bandit, Yam R6 fazer, Honda CBR hornet

Yam also has the FZ6R, which again to my point, has an extremely budget oriented suspension, and is much heavier then the R6.

Another point I was making is that I don't think you will learn much as a rider stepping up from a 250 to a 650. Stepping to a 600 you can control how often you dip into that rev range, and you can play with a much more flickable, confidence inspiring chassis.

Jiggles
July 27th, 2012, 05:24 PM

The torque curve does not matter, hp is what accelerates you and the 650 has 5 more hp up until 6k rpms

I think most people are under the impression that when you say 600 you mean r6 not fz6r

Whiskey
July 27th, 2012, 05:27 PM
HP => speed
Torque => acceleration

Jiggles
July 27th, 2012, 05:28 PM
Yam also has the FZ6R, which again to my point, has an extremely budget oriented suspension, and is much heavier then the R6.

Another point I was making is that I don't think you will learn much as a rider stepping up from a 250 to a 650. Stepping to a 600 you can control how often you dip into that rev range, and you can play with a much more flickable, confidence inspiring chassis.

IMO there is a split when moving up from the 250. 600s are racing machines built with high quality racing parts, the ninja 650 is more of a sport touring machine and the 250 is inbetween those two.

There is no doubt that a 600 will allow you to advance your skills more than a 250, but that takes place on a race track not a city street

Jiggles
July 27th, 2012, 05:28 PM
HP => speed
Torque => acceleration

Wrong

dirty nasty
July 27th, 2012, 05:41 PM
IF

Try a few bigger bikes, go educate yourself before making stupid comments, not every bike is a supersport, try full on long range touring on a 250 & come back to me saying over 300cc is absurd. You sound like an idiot.

No, my thoughts are well backed through my experiences. If you can't do it on a 250, you can't do it on a SS bike. Why the **** would you want to do long range touring on a SS bike anyways? There are other bikes much better suited toward that duty that will actually provide some level of comfort. People are free to ride whatever they want, but I think to think you NEED something is a bit ridiculous. I say quit being a baby and deal with it.

Like I (well, Jiggles I suppose) said, brain surgeon's going for the janitor's position.

Jiggles
July 27th, 2012, 05:44 PM
Looks like a mistake on your part about what motorcycles you meant. You didn't say supersports, you said anything over 300ccs

espacef1fan
July 27th, 2012, 05:46 PM
So....

This thread got lost and is now on the way to "Is this s**t for-real-ville?"

dirty nasty
July 27th, 2012, 05:47 PM
Looks like a mistake on your part about what motorcycles you meant. You didn't say supersports, you said anything over 300ccs

Sowwy.

:o

Jiggles
July 27th, 2012, 05:47 PM
Original title of the thread is so ridiculously absurd that we just had to make this thread at least a little entertaining

dirty nasty
July 27th, 2012, 05:50 PM
We need a 666cc bike.

Jiggles
July 27th, 2012, 05:51 PM
With 66 cylinders

Whiskey
July 27th, 2012, 06:05 PM
Wrong

I'm going on experience of twins Vs I4s & hopping on any bike I can get a go of,
the twins have more grunt down low & will pull harder from the light & at lower RPMs, they have higher torque values too. The I4s are a bit quicker higher up but feel weaker at lower RPM.

Horsepower is proportional to torque at a given RPM, below 6.5k RPM on your graphs the ER6 has the advantage.

so for city riding torque has a bigger impact on acceleration. Are you going to wind the ZX6 to 14k RPM in town, or will you have the ER6 at 6k?

Jiggles
July 27th, 2012, 06:10 PM
I was saying that your determination of what hp and torque relate to are wrong. yes, under 6k the 650 has 5 more horsepower but I fail to see how a 10% difference in hp is the determining factor that a 600 is a better beginner bike than a 650

Also consider that at 6k rpms the 650 is more than halfway to redline and a 600 is about 1/3 there

ninjaone
July 27th, 2012, 06:33 PM
IMO there is a split when moving up from the 250. 600s are racing machines built with high quality racing parts, the ninja 650 is more of a sport touring machine and the 250 is inbetween those two.

There is no doubt that a 600 will allow you to advance your skills more than a 250, but that takes place on a race track not a city street

Again, compromises. The Ninja 650 is more comfortable then the ZX6R, but why? Well it has softer suspension for one, which means the cornering limits will be much lower, which means you have a higher chance of bottoming or topping out the suspension and running out of your limits of traction. Which is really better for beginners? The supersport will also have a much more communicative feel about what the wheels are doing compared to the "mushy" 650. Not to mention the suspension is much cheaper quality, so buying a used 650 will most likely have a worn suspension. Is a newbie going to know when to adjust, change, rebuild, replace a suspension system? Especially on a bike that can go as fast as a 650 I think it's not a trivial point.

Another thing regarding comfort, there is a reason supersport ergonomics are designed the way they are. They are designed for the rider to have maximum control of the bike. The high handle bars and upright seating position of the Ninja 650 don't allow as much control and feel as the low clip ons and high foot pegs on the ZX6R. Not saying you need to hang off the bike through every corner, but a supersport will emphasize better riding technique for those that want to learn it.

And I don't agree you need to go to a track to learn proper riding technique on a supersport. Yes, it helps. It helps to take your 250 or 650 to the track too. Plenty of people use 600-class supersports as daily drivers and no matter what bike you are on there is an opportunity to practice solid smooth control, managing traction, and knowing your limits. It just so happens the limits on the 600 supersport are generally much higher.

Again, all I'm saying is that there are pros and cons to each bike. A supersport isn't great for cross country touring, but people still do it and thoroughly enjoy it. Then again they do make touring bikes for a reason.

My only advice to those reading is to not write off supersports just because of what you heard on forums. Go to a demo day and try them out. You might really enjoy yourself.

Whiskey
July 27th, 2012, 06:35 PM
No, my thoughts are well backed through my experiences. If you can't do it on a 250, you can't do it on a SS bike. Why the **** would you want to do long range touring on a SS bike anyways? There are other bikes much better suited toward that duty that will actually provide some level of comfort. People are free to ride whatever they want, but I think to think you NEED something is a bit ridiculous. I say quit being a baby and deal with it.

Like I (well, Jiggles I suppose) said, brain surgeon's going for the janitor's position.

Where did I mention a supersport in my response to you?

A FJR 1300, GS-1200, Tiger 1050, VFR 800, even a bloody honda dullville700 are all over your limit and as such are absurd... every one of them is more suited to touring than any 299cc bike.

So yes you sound like a complete fcukin idiot.:thumbup:

Go ride a few more bikes, take one across the country & see how a sub 300cc bike compares to a 750+ cc sports tourer or adventure bike for that.

I've taken my ninja across 3 countries in 2 days, done a few weekends where I clocked over a thousand miles of backroad & a few days where I did 13 hours on the bike. >300cc is not a luxury for that sort of riding.

BTW I know a few people who have toured europe on bikes including RC51s (V-twin superbike) CBR600s & a 636. I wouldn't say no to using a CBR600f4i (or maybe an 05 model R6) to go across england, take the tunnel to france (bike goes on a train for that bit) & down towards the black forest in Germany & possibly Switzerland.

Both are older supersports & both are comfortable enough to go for a good spin

ninjamunky85
July 27th, 2012, 06:49 PM
I gotta say I think ninjaone knows what he's talking about. Getting back from an extended ride on my buddies ZX-6RR today made me rethink what my next bike will be.

The suspension is really nice on that bike. The weight difference isn't as big as I thought it was, and it was still fun to ride at legal speeds. The riding position forces you to be in the proper position for max control at speed.

It's still a pain to maneuver in the slow stuff. You can't throw it into turns like the 250, but in the long sweepers it's super stable.

Kipawa
July 27th, 2012, 07:04 PM
This is awesome news!

Still waiting to see if Yamaha surprises us with a 250.

Here you go! Been around a while now.

http://www.yamaha-motor.ca/products/products.php?model=3940&class=2&group=M|&LANG=en

Style sucks though!;)

alex.s
July 27th, 2012, 07:14 PM
guys its true they are saving money so they are cutting old zx motors in half
Posted via Mobile Device

I'm Fred
July 27th, 2012, 10:00 PM
If they manage to keep the weight/power ratio of the 250 this could be a very very nice new-gen...I hope they don't **** it up on the aesthetic side too lol

Jiggles
July 27th, 2012, 10:10 PM
Paging doctor trolltits

Where'd you go bro? U mad?

5evenz
July 28th, 2012, 07:27 PM
http://www.shinyshiny.tv/troll.jpg

CZroe
July 29th, 2012, 11:10 AM
While I agree that this thread is awfully trollish, I do have to wonder what Kawi may do to differentiate themselves, especially seeing as how the CBR250 already has ABS and FI. If Yamaha actually is interested in a 250 entry, then this may be even more incentive for Kawi to differentiate.

sombo
July 29th, 2012, 12:09 PM
I do remember taking a Kawasaki survey online (an old thread had linked us to it on here) that had several questions about the idea of a 300cc. So it's not completely out of the question for them do as such. They apparently had/have an idea for one and used the survey to get an idea on the possibility of it being a good sell or a bad flop. I guess we will just have to wait for the official announcement on all 2013 models from them to see what happens.

Jiggles
July 29th, 2012, 12:19 PM
Wouldn't a 300cc engine make it so they could not be beginner bikes in many countries?

DennyV
July 29th, 2012, 12:34 PM
Both are crappy beginner bikes, that being said, an you use one as a beginner bike? Sure thing, hd plenty of my friends start on a supersport who are still alive today. Now just for your information.... torque is turning force... pretty much helps with acceleration, and torque can get you in trouble depending on where it peaks in the rpm range. Horse power is torque times rpm, this is why a ss makes more hp then a 650, they have an insanely high redline, hp caan also get you in trouble if you wanna fly into a wall at 150mph. My conclusion, neither is beginner friendly unless your a fatass which negates the difference between the 250

THE BIG SITT
July 29th, 2012, 12:47 PM
I <3 u

http://assets.diylol.com/hfs/1d0/e13/974/resized/gym-locker-room-naked-old-guy-meme-generator-i-am-100-straight-wanna-shower-together-4c802d.jpg

Shouldn't it be Sandusky in that picture?

CZroe
July 29th, 2012, 01:00 PM
Wouldn't a 300cc engine make it so they could not be beginner bikes in many countries?

They'd just sleeve it down like the 650R-to-400R or detune it like so many sport or sport-touring bikes with supersport power plants..

Jiggles
July 29th, 2012, 01:05 PM
So this guy has inside sources saying it will be a 300cc bike and n4mwd has sources telling him next year the bike will be fuel injected. So basically next years 250 is going to have an MSRP of $5,999

CZroe
July 29th, 2012, 02:55 PM
So this guy has inside sources saying it will be a 300cc bike and n4mwd has sources telling him next year the bike will be fuel injected. So basically next years 250 is going to have an MSRP of $5,999May as well, if Yamaha and Honda are going to duke it out in $4,500-$5,000 territory: yeah. Why settle for a portion of that market when they can offer a larger bike with a larger price that largely appeals to the same buyers and may attract more? I'd estimate $5,399 base with a $500 ABS option and an additional mark up for special edition or sporty accessories (optional solo seat cowl, steering damper, adjustable suspension, etc). They'd probably hold out on the SE treatment until the second year of the new model.

I'm Fred
July 29th, 2012, 03:18 PM
May as well, if Yamaha and Honda are going to duke it out in $4,500-$5,000 territory: yeah. Why settle for a portion of that market when they can offer a larger bike with a larger price that largely appeals to the same buyers and may attract more? I'd estimate $5,399 base with a $500 ABS option and an additional mark up for special edition or sporty accessories (optional solo seat cowl, steering damper, adjustable suspension, etc). They'd probably hold out on the SE treatment until the second year of the new model.

Steering damper on a 250/300? Would that really be necessary? I don't think they'll add so many options to the ninjette, paying that much would defeat its most common utility: being a starter bike. It has to be simple, teach the basics effectively and safely. Spending 6k on a 300CC with ABS and steering damper would be pretty much pointless if your goal is to learn and progress to a more powerful bike eventually

CZroe
July 29th, 2012, 03:48 PM
Steering damper on a 250/300? Would that really be necessary? I don't think they'll add so many options to the ninjette, paying that much would defeat its most common utility: being a starter bike. It has to be simple, teach the basics effectively and safely. Spending 6k on a 300CC with ABS and steering damper would be pretty much pointless if your goal is to learn and progress to a more powerful bike eventually

It's a $900 hike for fuel injection and a 20% larger engine. Everyone estimates $500 for FI so $400 for the extra size/power isn't that far off base and may attract quite a few who might be on the fence about the CBR250 or R2.5 vs a larger bike. A lot who weren't considering a bike twice the size would still go for it because it isn't significantly larger than the other options but is measurably better. I suspect that the economies of scale for adding FI isn't as expensive as people estimate, so it may be possible to sell it for under $5,000 on the introductory year. It's not like more CCs automatically means that it cost more to make, which is even more incentive for Kawi to just do it. They already have a FI version and the economies of scale will only make it cheaper to produce than the current FI model. They could conceivably offer 300cc Euro-spec for LESS money than the current model, though it would be a problem for graduated licensing so they would more likely sell the same thing but sleeved down.

I'm just saying that it could be a smart move if the Yamaha 250 rumor is true. Also, I know the steering damper sounds silly, but so is a slipper clutch on a street bike. It's just one more way they could profit off of the perceived performance advantage it would have over the competition. And the pointlessness of it for a bike targetted at learners is exactly why I suggested that it would make sense only as an option (profit off of the few that want more).

seanshawnS
July 29th, 2012, 03:54 PM
May as well, if Yamaha and Honda are going to duke it out in $4,500-$5,000 territory: yeah. Why settle for a portion of that market when they can offer a larger bike with a larger price that largely appeals to the same buyers and may attract more? I'd estimate $5,399 base with a $500 ABS option and an additional mark up for special edition or sporty accessories (optional solo seat cowl, steering damper, adjustable suspension, etc). They'd probably hold out on the SE treatment until the second year of the new model.

How much does it cost them to keep a dog in the fight? I was under the impression the 250 was pretty cheap to produce. If they give up the 250 they've conceded a pretty significant portion of the market to Honda, with both the 250cbr and the 125 being success stories.

I would think an updated 250, technologically speaking for North America would be more likely than a 300. Especially when considering the 400 that already exists.

CZroe
July 29th, 2012, 03:58 PM
How much does it cost them to keep a dog in the fight? I was under the impression the 250 was pretty cheap to produce. If they give up the 250 they've conceded a pretty significant portion of the market to Honda, with both the 250cbr and the 125 being success stories.

I would think an updated 250, technologically speaking for North America would be more likely than a 300. Especially when considering the 400 that already exists.

As indicated earlier when discussing the measurements for boring it out, it wouldn't cost them a dime more to make it 298cc instead of 250cc and yet they could charge more. Keeping their dog in the race would be more costly if they DIDN'T do it after carving out their portion of a more crowded 250cc segment. Remember: We didn't even have a 250cc racing class a few years ago and it's still not settled, so that's not keeping Kawi at 250cc.

Carnage
July 29th, 2012, 05:52 PM
you gotta prove it. i dont believe you

over the last 5 yrs the 250 has been kawi top seller why would they leave a market that they have dominated for so long.

jcgss77
July 29th, 2012, 06:29 PM
I did a lot of measurements. With custom sleeves and pistons. The max you can bore a 250 ninja into is a 299cc. Kawasaki could built a 299cc bike and not change the price. The extra 50cc would be worth 5-10 hp so would you like to have a stock 250 ninja with 30 to 35 hp?

So my question is, would this engine hold up if it was bored out that much? I find this extremely interesting, as the ZXR-250 is my dream bike, it would pretty much be the closest thing to it(minus 2 cylinders, of course). You think it would last at the driving a 250r usually gets, lots of high rpms? If so, sign me up!!!

DennyV
July 29th, 2012, 06:32 PM
So my question is, would this engine hold up if it was bored out that much? I find this extremely interesting, as the ZXR-250 is my dream bike, it would pretty much be the closest thing to it(minus 2 cylinders, of course). You think it would last at the driving a 250r usually gets, lots of high rpms? If so, sign me up!!!

Or they can just make up the extra Hp by letting the 250 rev as high as the SS bikes

Jiggles
July 29th, 2012, 06:54 PM
Or they can just make up the extra Hp by letting the 250 rev as high as the SS bikes

This market needs a $7,000 250, but its an i4 not a twin

jcgss77
July 29th, 2012, 07:11 PM
This market needs a $7,000 250, but its an i4 not a twin

Oh yeah with EFI and turbo...it would be a new generation of

https://encrypted-tbn0.google.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRtZv6EZSHgAWS9Q20XugNNHUg72XCRluXfPD38jZOg0Z2K4YQM

Racer x
July 29th, 2012, 07:17 PM
You can buy pistons from JE that will go 282cc. But you need sleeves. I run the 265 cc pistons with just a bored out stock cylinder. JE says you will not need to re balance the rotating mass with this up grade.
From what I got. If you bore to 299cc you need sleeves custom pistons and re balance and there is only 2mm between the sleeves. Anything larger will requier stroking the crank. That is big money.

I have seen the 250cc In4 bikes. I was not that impressed. No torque and you have to wring the ne to 15000 rpm to get any power .I would rather have a hoped up twin with a nice aluminum frame. Olines suspension and brembo brakes.

Jiggles
July 29th, 2012, 07:27 PM
I'd rather have a 250 that revs to 20k :D

Racer x
July 30th, 2012, 01:40 AM
I would rather have an engine that revs to 14500 that I can fix

ninja250r81
July 30th, 2012, 03:14 AM

in aussie

for l's, p1, p2 the bike can have a max 660cc limit but with a max power to weight ratio of 150kw per ton

our top selling bikes are the 250 class including ninja 250r, cbr250, hyosung

insurance is around 1/4 of a 600cc bike

Racer x
July 30th, 2012, 03:24 AM
There is a very fine line . If the factory was to build a beginner bike that is inexpensive. You get a Ninja 250. If you start to jack up the performance. Then you get to the same price as a 600. No one will pay 6500 to 8500 dollars for a 40 hp bike no mater what size it is.

CZroe
July 30th, 2012, 03:59 AM
you gotta prove it. i dont believe you

over the last 5 yrs the 250 has been kawi top seller why would they leave a market that they have dominated for so long.

That's just it: it isn't far enough away to be consider "leaving." It's more like stepping out in front. For the last five years they didn't have two major competitors with 250cc sport bikes. Assuming the Yamaha rumor is true, maintaininging their sales success from the last five years may require this at a value price which would still be more profitable (manufacturing costs stay the same, price raises only enough to distinguish it).

Carnage
July 30th, 2012, 10:33 AM
That's just it: it isn't far enough away to be consider "leaving." It's more like stepping out in front. For the last five years they didn't have two major competitors with 250cc sport bikes. Assuming the Yamaha rumor is true, maintaininging their sales success from the last five years may require this at a value price which would still be more profitable (manufacturing costs stay the same, price raises only enough to distinguish it).

Yamaha is releasing the 250 to India. Not the US. Changing to a higher cc will not bring them more business especially if it's gonna be a grand more expensive. I would suggest they create a 4cyl 250cc engine with duel front disk, efi, new exterior design. Just doesn't make sense to built a 300cc bike for only one market. The 250 is in all markets that kawi sales in.

I still call BS till I have proof.

Stingray1000
July 30th, 2012, 11:42 AM
Yamaha is releasing the 250 to India. Not the US. Changing to a higher cc will not bring them more business especially if it's gonna be a grand more expensive. I would suggest they create a 4cyl 250cc engine with duel front disk, efi, new exterior design. Just doesn't make sense to built a 300cc bike for only one market. The 250 is in all markets that kawi sales in.

I still call BS till I have proof.

Aren't they building a 400 CC bike for only one market? Canada.....?

seanshawnS
July 30th, 2012, 11:45 AM
Aren't they building a 400 CC bike for only one market? Canada.....?

It's available in the U.K.. and New Zealand? as well I think.

Carnage
July 30th, 2012, 12:18 PM
Multiple markets. But I would be Kool with getting the 400 here. That would me kick azz

ScorpionNinja
July 30th, 2012, 12:19 PM
I haven't heard anything about this but i will say that the 250 was conspicuous in its absence at the demo days tour this year.

+1 This.

Maybe their going to design a Fuel Injected, 400cc Inline-4 motor and stuff it on the current gen, 250s chassis. Hopefully putting out 55-65 HP? On a 375 lbs, agile, flickable 250 bike???

Sign me up for one... :thumbup:

Jiggles
July 30th, 2012, 12:32 PM
This thread :dancecool:

CZroe
July 30th, 2012, 01:40 PM

I still call BS till I have proof.We are discussing TWO rumors. The other rumor is that Yamaha is making one for the US/world market, which is why I said over and over "IF Yamaha..." before most of my statements about why it could make sense. It may be that Kawi is just waiting to see what Yamaha does before playing their hand: If Yamaha announces nothing, we get an unchanged 250. If Yamaha does intend to crowd their market, we get a distractingly close but distinguished offering to steal their and Honda's thunder. It may be BS, but it just makes sense.

If they only increased the cylinder size and kept the current design there's nothing that would make it measurably more expensive to produce beyond minimal one-time R&D and re-certification costs (EPA, DOT, etc), and yet people would gladly pay a little more to get more (covers that). If they also added FI, then it would have to go up significantly and would push closer to a grand but both could be added for the cost of FI alone (estimated at about $500). Standardizing FI would actually LOWER the cost of producing the FI model worldwide with less differences to accomodate on the assembly line and greater economies of scale. Sleeving back down to 250ccs for certain markets would be negligible. Rather than assuredly losing some customers to Honda and Yamaha if they do nothing, they could do minimal work and be a clear performance leader in the sub-500cc market (sub-600cc these days). That would attract quite a few beginner bikers who were on the fence about a small-displacement bike and even many who would have been perfectly fine with a 250 from them or a competitor: "An extra 50ccs in the same price range as the Honda and Yamaha 250 offerings without going up to a significantly more dangerous class for a beginner? *shrug* Why not? I'm still getting an easy-to-ride, power-limited, fuel-efficient learner's bike with all the advantages of the previous model and its competition." Think about it.

backinthesaddleagain
July 30th, 2012, 08:39 PM
Could always resurrect GPZ305.

Xoulrath
July 30th, 2012, 09:13 PM
I have never ridden a 600, I have however ridden and owned a Ninja 650. That thing has too much power for the street. That bike is not a good beginner bike. How could a production 600 race bike that is arguably better in every aspect than the 650 be a good beginner bike?Because it just is, Sean, damn. Why you gotta be hatin? :p

Jiggles
July 30th, 2012, 09:17 PM
Because it just is, Sean, damn. Why you gotta be hatin? :p

Oh girl you be trippin'

taufik-tmcblog
July 30th, 2012, 10:00 PM
http://ninja250r.files.wordpress.com/2012/08/ninja250rtestride3.jpg?w=600&h=257

FYI

Kawasaki Motor Indonesia will launch a new model of Ninja 250R tomorrow august 1st
rumors says that it will be injection, ABS, new fairing etc

i will tell the update tomorrow

update

the dyno :
http://ninja250r.files.wordpress.com/2012/08/dyno_ninja250efi.jpg

http://www.dapurpacu.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/Brosur_Kawasaki_Ninja_2013_08.jpg

http://www.dapurpacu.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/Brosur_Kawasaki_Ninja_2013_01.jpg

Jiggles
July 30th, 2012, 10:03 PM
FYI

Kawasaki Motor Indonesia will launch a new model of Ninja 250R tomorrow august 1st

Taufik-tmcblog.com

The troll returns!!!

Isn't it already fuel injected in indonesia?

CZroe
July 30th, 2012, 10:04 PM
FYI

Taufik-tmcblog.com

Please do. I checked out the blog. Wish I could read it! Thanks.

The troll returns!!!

No.

taufik-tmcblog
July 30th, 2012, 11:03 PM
The troll returns!!!

no until today still carb :D

taufik-tmcblog
July 30th, 2012, 11:04 PM
Please do. I checked out the blog. Wish I could read it! Thanks.

No.

sorry for the language bro :D
it still in Indonesian :D

Sigma.40
July 31st, 2012, 03:30 PM

+1

This is by far the best thing I have ever seen you write.

Jiggles
July 31st, 2012, 04:20 PM
+1

This is by far the best thing I have ever seen you write.

You must not read many of my posts

ninjaone
July 31st, 2012, 04:43 PM

Always makes me :confused: when people assume just because the engine is 250cc (or less) that things like a steering damper or ABS or even suspension in general doesn't matter.

Last I checked the 250R can reach 100MPH, which means you can take turns at those speeds, brake from those speeds, and accelerate to those speeds under a variety of conditions. Even if just smoothing out road conditions a steering damper has a use on any size bike.

I agree that in this segment in this country Kawasaki has to strike a balance between beginner bike entry level cost and building a tool that can competently perform, but these things (suspension, brakes) do matter. I know several people who rule out ABS on the 250R who would otherwise love to use it as an everyday all weather commuter.

Likewise I might be seriously tempted if Kawasaki offered a full spec Ninja with fully adjustable Ohlins at a great price (under 8k). Then again these things can be taken care of in the aftermarket almost just as well.

Jiggles
July 31st, 2012, 04:54 PM
Pretty sure a steering dampener would have little to no effect on a ninjette

Sigma.40
July 31st, 2012, 04:54 PM
You must not read many of my posts

I've read alot of them. That was just something that I VERY strongly agree with. I wasn't being sarcastic. I hate that the world is turning into a nanny state and like that some people are against that.

Jiggles
July 31st, 2012, 05:03 PM
The pussification of america

ninjaone
July 31st, 2012, 05:06 PM
Pretty sure a steering dampener would have little to no effect on a ninjette

Riding a bike with a properly set up steering damper back to back to one which is completely without, and you would change your mind - regardless of engine size. Steering dampers have an effect at all speeds, in all conditions, both real world and track.

People can get by without a steering damper, just like people get by without a rear suspension, but to say it has little/no effect just because the bike is light weight and has a small engine is just flat out wrong.

Jiggles
July 31st, 2012, 05:10 PM
Riding a bike with a properly set up steering damper back to back to one which is completely without, and you would change your mind - regardless of engine size. Steering dampers have an effect at all speeds, in all conditions, both real world and track.

People can get by without a steering damper, just like people get by without a rear suspension, but to say it has little/no effect just because the bike is light weight and has a small engine is just flat out wrong.

I think it has to do more with the pitch of the forks than with the size and weight of the bike. The ninjettes forks are pitched less aggressively than supersports and are far less susceptible to tank slappers.

ninjaone
July 31st, 2012, 05:34 PM
The whole point of a steering damper isn't just to prevent tank slappers any more then the whole point of a rear shock is to prevent the bike from going airborne over a pot hole. Steering dampers affect stability at a variety of levels under a variety of conditions - I can almost guarantee some of which you ride every single time you go out riding.

The addition of a steering damper will generally reduce the wobbly-ness inherent in the steering of short wheel base bikes with aggressive steering geometry. A bike with a steering damper will give you much more confidence through turns and even on straights then the exact same bike without one.

And while the 250R doesn't have the most aggressive geometry on the market, it is still a very short wheel base bike with a relatively aggressive rake/trail compared to most non-supersport bikes.

Bottom line, suspension matters no matter what the engine size.

choneofakind
July 31st, 2012, 08:00 PM
A steering dampener would be a waste of time and money.

The stock ninjette is so raked that it is overly uber stable. It is so stable that when I raised my tail 2+" and lowered my nose .25", it is still stable, even at 100+ mph and over bumps and WOT turns at mid-ohio and over the twisty roads of the Cuyahoga river valley.

The whole point of a steering dampener is to dampen the motion of the bars so that the geometry can be made more aggressive. More aggressive steering is less stable (bad) and faster to turn in (good). This allows the bike to be more easily flicked side to side while lowering the risk of tank slappers and loss of control over irregularities in the road and situations where the front end is light. That's the only reason it's on some bikes. It is a band-aid to the boo-boo of being so aggressive to the point of being potentially unstable. This booboo is made more evident at high speeds, hence some of the super high tech electronic dampeners that do more dampening at speed, where the bars jerk back and forth more rapidly. The ninja 250 is not fast enough or aggressive enough for that to really be an issue.

If you want a steering dampener, by all means, blow a few Ben Franklin's. But it's not necessary, and likely won't make a darn not of difference outside of the placebo effect.
Posted via Mobile Device

ninjaone
July 31st, 2012, 09:07 PM
The whole point of a steering dampener is to dampen the motion of the bars.

You should have just stopped typing here. That is the point of a steering damper, full stop. You don't have to adjust the steering geometry to extract any benefits of a steering damper. A properly set up steering damper will improve stability of the bike in nearly all conditions, even with stock geometry.

That's the only reason it's on some bikes. It is a band-aid to the boo-boo of being so aggressive to the point of being potentially unstable. This booboo is made more evident at high speeds, hence some of the super high tech electronic dampeners that do more dampening at speed, where the bars jerk back and forth more rapidly. The ninja 250 is not fast enough or aggressive enough for that to really be an issue.

This is just flat out wrong. To give one example from everyday riding: anytime you accelerate on any bike regardless of power the weight shifts rearward and lifts the front wheel. Under the right conditions (including surface irregularities) the front wheel can be made to oscillate back and forth. This can happen at any time and with bikes without steering dampers frequently does. Most of the time it goes unnoticed or the rider is used to the behavior and the situation corrects itself, but depending on conditions it can be a more or less violent motion.

It has absolutely nothing to do with rider error or "aggressive geometry" at that point, although a short trail and small wheelbase can contribute, both of which the Ninja 250R has.

Finally you started with:

It is so stable that when I raised my tail 2+" and lowered my nose .25", it is still stable, even at 100+ mph and over bumps and WOT turns at mid-ohio and over the twisty roads of the Cuyahoga river valley.

What exactly are you comparing this ultimate stability to? Have you tried a Ninja 250R with a properly set up steering damper back to back with the bike without one? Again, I guarantee you a bike with a properly setup steering damper will feel more stable and give you more confidence then the same bike without one. Full stop.

Jiggles
July 31st, 2012, 09:14 PM
I wonder how many of the racers on this site have steering dampeners on their 250s

ninjaone
July 31st, 2012, 09:17 PM
Racing stock class usually rules out steering dampers.

ninjaone
July 31st, 2012, 10:03 PM
Personally I consider steering dampers to be the "ABS" of suspension. When you you don't need it then it's generally completely transparent but when you do need it then it really saves you. Can't overstate enough that the consequences of not having a steering damper can affect you no matter what size or power of your bike.

It's also why I question how good for beginners bikes like the FZ6R and Ninja 650 really are. With their budget suspensions with limited adjust-ability, beginners aren't really learning how to dial in a suspension or what a quality suspension feels like. Sure these things can be fixed with the aftermarket, but going that direction basically negates the price advantage, and trying to dial in an aftermarket suspension to what out of the box the other supersports do from big budget factory testing is a non-trivial undertaking. Not to mention, in terms of real world usable power (talking 0-60 not 1/4 mile) they are very even.

CZroe
July 31st, 2012, 10:08 PM
Racing stock class usually rules out steering dampers.

Unless Kawi offers them as a factory option, like I so controversially (and not-so-seriously) suggested earlier.

Racer x
August 1st, 2012, 03:06 AM
I wonder how many of the racers on this site have steering dampeners on their 250s

I have one

choneofakind
August 1st, 2012, 04:37 AM
I guarantee you a bike with a properly setup steering damper will feel more stable and give you more confidence then the same bike without one. Full stop.

Alright. I stand corrected, but it's not a necessity for the 250 like it is with other bikes. It would just add unneeded cost if it were added to a stock bike from the factory. The bike is not inherently unstable or prone to massive tank slappers and is very predictable when it does give a little bit of headshake.
Posted via Mobile Device

lookman_langgeng
August 1st, 2012, 05:42 AM
Officially Launch All New Ninja 250 in Indonesia

http://tmcblog.com/2012/08/01/welcome-all-new-2013-kawasaki-ninja-250r/#comment-405215

lookman_langgeng
August 1st, 2012, 05:47 AM
http://ninja250r.files.wordpress.com/2012/08/a-ninjabaru.jpg

choneofakind
August 1st, 2012, 05:50 AM
Interesting! Keep us updated as you learn more. It certainly looks nice from that angle, but I wanna know what's up her skirt :p
Posted via Mobile Device

lookman_langgeng
August 1st, 2012, 05:53 AM
stay tuned for more updates and features. ( i'm sorry if my language so bad )

CZroe
August 1st, 2012, 06:02 AM
Alright. I stand corrected, but it's not a necessity for the 250 like it is with other bikes. It would just add unneeded cost if it were added to a stock bike from the factory. The bike is not inherently unstable or prone to massive tank slappers and is very predictable when it does give a little bit of headshake.
Posted via Mobile DeviceThe decel shake I get about 1,000 miles after every tire change probably accelerates my tire wear dramatically, even though I only see it when I take my hands off the bars. I wonder if a damper might help with that.

Also, no one ever suggested that it would be stock and I wasn't even serious when saying that it could be an option. I was just trying to think of more ways Kawi could increase the profit margin with OEM accessories, like the DB windscreen they offer, so that they could take care of both market segments (value segment and the segment that wants it for being higher performance and 50ccs larger).

lookman_langgeng
August 1st, 2012, 06:05 AM
http://bennythegreat.files.wordpress.com/2012/08/ninja-250-fi-injeksi-abs.jpg
http://www.kawiforums.com/attachments/ninja-250r/50350d1343831589-new-2013-ninja-250-v12455897-1.jpg
http://www.kawiforums.com/attachments/ninja-250r/50356d1343831786-new-2013-ninja-250-v12455897-35.jpg
http://www.kawiforums.com/attachments/ninja-250r/50352d1343831627-new-2013-ninja-250-v12455897-5.jpg
http://www.kawiforums.com/attachments/ninja-250r/50353d1343831700-new-2013-ninja-250-v12455897-11.jpg
http://www.kawiforums.com/attachments/ninja-250r/50354d1343831712-new-2013-ninja-250-v12455897-26.jpg
http://ninja250r.files.wordpress.com/2012/08/ninja-250r46.jpg
http://ninja250r.files.wordpress.com/2012/08/ninja-250r49.jpg
http://ninja250r.files.wordpress.com/2012/08/ninja-250r9.jpg

ZackoFF96
August 1st, 2012, 06:25 AM
Siaal .. Baru belii udah keluar yang baru aja ..

Damn .. I just bought my ninja for like a month ago .. Screw kawasaki for making a new one already ..

I thought this ninja will stay for 20 years like the old ninja ..
Posted via Mobile Device

silentIm
August 1st, 2012, 06:37 AM
the little disc in the center of disc brake, looks like a sensor disc for speedometer.. or better yet, ABS sensor.

Frame and ergonomics looks the same.. its styling follows ninja 650.

taufik-tmcblog
August 1st, 2012, 06:53 AM
Update

Kawasaki Indonesia launch for the first world premiere All New Ninja 250R

http://ninja250r.files.wordpress.com/2012/08/img-20120801-00028.jpg?w=460&h=345

taufik-tmcblog
August 1st, 2012, 06:54 AM
great looking ninja 250R

http://ninja250r.files.wordpress.com/2012/08/a-ninjabaru.jpg?w=460

JeffM
August 1st, 2012, 06:57 AM
Yep, ABS sensor ring.

silentIm
August 1st, 2012, 07:00 AM
Damn Kawi. Just got my bike last year and Kawi release this now.

taufik-tmcblog
August 1st, 2012, 07:02 AM
so . . . i told you . . . its a major change ninjete ;)

taufik-tmcblog
August 1st, 2012, 07:08 AM
pict again

http://ninja250r.files.wordpress.com/2012/08/a-new-ninja250r.jpg?w=460

dubojr1
August 1st, 2012, 07:09 AM
so . . . i told you . . . its a major change ninjete ;)

So why are you the only one that knows? :confused: There is nothing about this on the web other than what you have put out there.

taufik-tmcblog
August 1st, 2012, 07:09 AM
the headlamp

http://ninja250r.files.wordpress.com/2012/08/a-ninja.jpg?w=460

taufik-tmcblog
August 1st, 2012, 07:11 AM
So why are you the only one that knows? :confused: There is nothing about this on the web other than what you have put out there.

i just know the rumors

until 2 hours ago . . . when the pict officially release

choneofakind
August 1st, 2012, 07:19 AM
I think it looks more like the zx10 than the 650.

Does it look like there's enough clearance on the bodywork to use real clipons? any info on the engine, fuel delivery, or suspension yet?

Looks like the same old IRC tires
Posted via Mobile Device

silentIm
August 1st, 2012, 07:19 AM
No spec details yet, but from the blog I can sum it up to you:

- Fuel injection
- ABS option

price on the road $4990 (IDR 49.000.000)
with ABS $5690 (IDR 56.900.000)

but these prices are with Indonesian tax included.

It surely will be released into Indonesian market in October 2012.

The tyres will be likely the same IRC tyres, but no mention about what size.

choneofakind
August 1st, 2012, 07:27 AM
Holy hell that looks good in red!

And dude Floyd, way to accidentally hit this almost on the head. I'm now wondering how many of your other April fools threads are gonna happen for real :lol:
Posted via Mobile Device

silentIm
August 1st, 2012, 07:32 AM
(Kang) Taufik is respectable Indonesian blogger with his blog TMCBlog. The Indonesian Kawi website is yet to release update about this, but since the marketing trends here put blogs and the Internet as one of main channels, his photos and blogs are surely believable.

CZroe
August 1st, 2012, 07:38 AM
Damn. I was pretty close! I wonder if the dash fits the current newgen.

OK, from now on, we have to use the series designation.

F-series, F-bike, 250F, etc for what we formerly called the "pregen"
J/K-series, J/K-bike, 250J/K, etc for what was previously called the "newgen"

Or just "classic" for the F-series and prior, "last-gen" for the J/K series ("previous-generation" being easily confused for the F-series), and "late-gen" for the latest generation.

taufik-tmcblog
August 1st, 2012, 07:41 AM
offical picture :

http://ninja250r.files.wordpress.com/2012/08/ninja-250r4.jpg

taufik-tmcblog
August 1st, 2012, 07:41 AM
spidometer . . . all new digital

http://ninja250r.files.wordpress.com/2012/08/ninja-250r3.jpg

taufik-tmcblog
August 1st, 2012, 07:43 AM
ABS grid at the petal disc

http://ninja250r.files.wordpress.com/2012/08/ninja-250r10.jpg

taufik-tmcblog
August 1st, 2012, 07:45 AM
(Kang) Taufik is respectable Indonesian blogger with his blog TMCBlog. The Indonesian Kawi website is yet to release update about this, but since the marketing trends here put blogs and the Internet as one of main channels, his photos and blogs are surely believable.

he he, from indonesia too

proud to be indonesian . . . world first premiere . . . i just cant imagine it bro

Racer x
August 1st, 2012, 07:46 AM
I want one. Next production 250 record holder. Gotta get a green one.

taufik-tmcblog
August 1st, 2012, 07:50 AM
from above

http://ninja250r.files.wordpress.com/2012/08/ninja-250r8.jpg

CZroe
August 1st, 2012, 07:52 AM
Does it have a hugger? I can't see.

taufik-tmcblog
August 1st, 2012, 07:53 AM
the engine

http://ninja250r.files.wordpress.com/2012/08/ninja-250r9.jpg

taufik-tmcblog
August 1st, 2012, 07:55 AM
Does it have a hugger? I can't see.

i think yes . . . small lil one

http://ninja250r.files.wordpress.com/2012/08/ninja-250r5.jpg

silentIm
August 1st, 2012, 07:55 AM
the engine

That is oxygen sensor attached to the expansion chamber.

ninjamunky85
August 1st, 2012, 07:57 AM
OMFG :eek: .... Please Kawasaki, bring this bike to America.

silentIm
August 1st, 2012, 07:59 AM
he he, from indonesia too

proud to be indonesian . . . world first premiere . . . i just cant imagine it bro

yup bro.. I am your blog fan!

No words on engine spec update other than FI and ABS? And tyre size too? Can't wait to know!

choneofakind
August 1st, 2012, 08:01 AM
I want to see what the indo guys do with it with aftermarket stuff :)

Is the engine 250 cc's or 300? The official picture looks very sexy in green. Mini ZX10
Posted via Mobile Device

taufik-tmcblog
August 1st, 2012, 08:06 AM
That is oxygen sensor attached to the expansion chamber.

yup noted

choneofakind
August 1st, 2012, 08:13 AM
yeah haha we got the 86-87 old bikes, the 88-07 classic bikes, the 08-12 j bikes, and the 13+ new bikes.

This is gonna be huge in the us. Its everything that everyone has been griping about. It even has individual indicator bulbs on the dash for each direction of turn signal, a digital Speedo, and digital has gauge and clock as well!

Just wait until we see what the indo guys do with them :drool:
Posted via Mobile Device

taufik-tmcblog
August 1st, 2012, 08:15 AM
the hugger

http://ninja250r.files.wordpress.com/2012/08/ninja-250r20.jpg

CZroe
August 1st, 2012, 08:18 AM
Wow. Those rear turn signals really stand out in the over-head view. Triple and bars look identical, which means forks probably didn't change. I bet that the L fender fits the J/K bikes. The front tire actually looks smaller though. What's up with that? Wider fairings making an optical illusion?

Is the swingarm the same? I ask because that hugger doesn't mesh well like the CBR and Byson and I'm sure one of the old huggers will look 1,000% better.

choneofakind
August 1st, 2012, 08:22 AM
More importantly, the existing huggers might also work and look sick.
Posted via Mobile Device

taufik-tmcblog
August 1st, 2012, 08:24 AM
the white one

http://ninja250r.files.wordpress.com/2012/08/ninja-250r26.jpg

silentIm
August 1st, 2012, 08:27 AM
the white one

I :drool: this one.

Jono
August 1st, 2012, 08:29 AM
OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG!!!!!!! OMG! I thought this was just a huge joke. Bring it to America!

http://ninja250r.files.wordpress.com/2012/08/ninja-250r26.jpg?w=700&h=

SO SEXY!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://ninja250r.files.wordpress.com/2012/08/ninja-250r22.jpg?w=700&h=

Very interesting headers.

DaBlue1
August 1st, 2012, 08:37 AM
http://s2.glbimg.com/KejZ9iD5H60FQq68hG42UYNngCfftggGqi_D6ajQleBIoz-HdGixxa_8qOZvMp3w/s.glbimg.com/jo/g1/f/original/2012/07/31/13ex250l_346limdrf00d_c.jpg

Kawasaki Green of course!

http://s2.glbimg.com/enWecJPPO2F5qs_VxsyXiQiVB6KoWkzEOb45aeT9VvJIoz-HdGixxa_8qOZvMp3w/s.glbimg.com/jo/g1/f/original/2012/07/31/13ex250l_346limfmea00d_c.jpg
http://s2.glbimg.com/bCAHhwFrW6-pwOEfaDM6sP4e3sBtf4HgOkqLiZGbDRBIoz-HdGixxa_8qOZvMp3w/s.glbimg.com/jo/g1/f/original/2012/07/31/13ex250m_346limsrb2cg_c.jpg

Jono
August 1st, 2012, 08:38 AM
LOVE IT!! This will kill the CBR250.

It is so nice having competition in the 250 class. We get to see the bike change every 5 years instead of every 20 years. lol

choneofakind
August 1st, 2012, 08:41 AM
I want one. Idk which is sexier, white or green. They're both gonna be knock outs with projectors in those headlights and a fender delete.

Like no joke, i want one.
Posted via Mobile Device

Jono
August 1st, 2012, 08:41 AM
http://s2.glbimg.com/enWecJPPO2F5qs_VxsyXiQiVB6KoWkzEOb45aeT9VvJIoz-HdGixxa_8qOZvMp3w/s.glbimg.com/jo/g1/f/original/2012/07/31/13ex250l_346limfmea00d_c.jpg

One of the best new features! Well this and the FI. Haha.

choneofakind
August 1st, 2012, 08:42 AM
Yeah! The tach is back where is should be; smack in the middle!
Posted via Mobile Device

CZroe
August 1st, 2012, 08:43 AM
Hmm... black calipers... exhaust heat shield conformed onto the pipe (doubles as an exhaust slider?)... and do I spy handle-holds under the passenger seat? Stealthed grab handles?

Can't say I'm a fan of deleting the side panels. The more of that wimpy frame that's covered, the better, especially if you end up removing the airbox (part is visible). Also, I like the ZX-inspired look of the J/K series a bit better except for the few deviations at the time (joined headlights, blocky swingarm, cylindrical side-mounted exhaust, ridiculous rear fender). Not that I don't like this. Thanks to the tail, it's far better styling than the 650R.

I wonder if the footrests are still interchangeable. The front sprocket cover bolt pattern looks different even though it didn't change since 1984. It looks like it's simply missing a bolt or two, so it may still bolt right on.

lookman_langgeng
August 1st, 2012, 08:44 AM
for next more detail spec, information,etc stay tuned at tmcblog.com
tomorrow will be tested for testride session for biker and media.
thanks..

choneofakind
August 1st, 2012, 08:47 AM
We'll have to see if it's even possible to delete the airbox, depending on what sensors and whatnot are in there. Its been a debate with the k model. I guess we'll get to find out soon :)
Posted via Mobile Device

Old Lemon
August 1st, 2012, 08:48 AM
Hot

the big mike
August 1st, 2012, 08:50 AM
Sweet :thumbup:

I wonder what the body positioning looks like and how it sounds :)

And more important, what it will cost...

csmith12
I said my next bike would be another SS but I think I just changed my mind.

dubojr1
And it comes with a freaking CLOCK!

menikmati
August 1st, 2012, 08:53 AM
White, want.

xMoises831
August 1st, 2012, 08:56 AM
wait till jiggles finds out about this....

menikmati
August 1st, 2012, 08:56 AM
wait till jiggles finds out about this....

...and how his jiglet will react.

fatestkid
August 1st, 2012, 08:57 AM
I am going to try and not be jealous and sad of the fact that I just bought a 2010 model for quite a hefty price too.

choneofakind
August 1st, 2012, 08:57 AM
csmith12, same! I think I'll be buying one of these instead of a Daytona 675 after college and mod the crap out of it.

Pause! Any bets on how long until there's a new turbo train wreck thread about the new bike?? :p
Posted via Mobile Device

broken neck
August 1st, 2012, 08:58 AM
Is it me or the frame looks the same?

If so, we will ba able to reuse our rearset.

The white one is very very nice...

It's gonna be an epic battle between my head and my heart over next winter...

Jono
August 1st, 2012, 08:59 AM
xMoises831

Lulz

menikmati
August 1st, 2012, 09:00 AM
I said my next bike would be another SS but I think I just changed my mind.

I've always had an 08+ ZX6R on my mind but this looks so damn enticing.

fatestkid
Damn I just bought a 2010.

i'll see when this is available in Canada and then figure out if I want to sell 2010 for a 2013

CZroe
The fake frame that runs along the tank does nothing to hide the exposed tubular frame leading up to the tail, so I hope someone makes some matching side panels to clip to that frame and cover that airbox.

If the tank is simply a more angular version of the current tank, I wonder if it will fit with the FI changes.

I'm wondering why they bothered to change only HALF of the frame caps.

fatestkid
August 1st, 2012, 09:01 AM
And it comes with a freaking CLOCK!

lol

choneofakind
August 1st, 2012, 09:02 AM
LOVE IT!! This will kill the CBR250.

It is so nice having competition in the 250 class. We get to see the bike change every 5 years instead of every 20 years. lol

Amen. And amen. I love how fi feels. I can't wait to see how it feels with an all new engine and exhaust that's tuned specifically for it. I bet this thing kills Honda. Can't wait to see how Yamaha responds.
Posted via Mobile Device