View Full Version : Bazzaz for 300

JBinSD
December 13th, 2012, 12:31 PM
OK, just got word Bazzaz finished the tuning for the 300, looks like it improved the low and mid-range power a bit, I'm anxious to feel the difference, but bike is still in bent pieces and its pouring down rain.

A few have asked to see the Dyno, so here it is:

Jason @ Bazzaz said they're still going to develop a quickshifter and TC for the 300 as well. . . .

old3
December 13th, 2012, 12:44 PM
Am I reading that wrong or is there really no big difference there? Is that with a totally stock bike?

Nemesis
December 13th, 2012, 12:45 PM
So, Bazzaz tuned your bike to produce 32HP??? No other mods? Or was this a ICU upgrade?

I'z confused.

Don't they already produce 32HP at the wheels (stock)?

Trailerboy531
December 13th, 2012, 12:59 PM
unrelated - how's the frame on the 300? Is everything that's smashed easily replacable? Forks okay?

tuan3742
December 13th, 2012, 01:40 PM
stock tune on the 300 was said to be tight already. although there is no top hp gain, there's a 1hp gain between 7-10k rpm

lgk
December 13th, 2012, 03:20 PM
the HP might be similar but the bike could behave differently in terms of throttle sensitivity, response, or other factors.

you'll have to ride and see how it goes.

being a stock bike i didn't think you could get much power with a similar AFR.
i think there would be more difference in a rich map.

JBinSD
December 13th, 2012, 03:33 PM
Yeah, didn't really give it as much as I hoped for, but smoothed out the powerband a bit in low and mid ranges, and yes, it only had a Yosh slip on, so a full system should help a bit too.

lgk
December 13th, 2012, 03:53 PM
well it is hard to beat physics, lol.

the good thing is that the bike will be smoother and more responsive.
if you do get an intake/exhaust you can get it tuned easy.

choneofakind
December 13th, 2012, 05:45 PM
The Bazzaz guys must have done that fuel map with a completely oem bike.

Here's Area P's results for reference:
http://www.ninjette.org/forums/showpost.php?p=612212&postcount=144

Looks like the closest thing they did to a stock bike with fuel tuning was snorkel delete and drop-in filter in place.

JBinSD
December 13th, 2012, 06:13 PM
yeah, those graphs are hard to read, but it seems with a snorkel delete and K&N filter, you can get 4 more horses and an extra lb with just fuel mapping.

Since there's no SS for the 300 @ Chuck, kinda makes a guy wonder why he would suffocate his ride. . . .

choneofakind
December 13th, 2012, 06:24 PM
Look at it this way: there's already a solid map sorted out for the airbox with snorkel. Take the snorkel out and get a new map made. Then if the guys in charge of the racing ruled decide you need a snorkel, it will take 5 minutes to put the snorkel back in and load the map required for a snorkel on the airbox.

That's the biggest benefit of FI.

Ryephile
December 14th, 2012, 09:37 AM
A bit strange, I can't say I'm terribly impressed. Why did they settle on losing power from 11k to redline? They probably over-adjusted the AFR and were too stubborn/lazy to dial it in better. At least they picked up a LbFt in the midrange, but that's also where the stock mapping is richest [low hanging fruit].

Did they also tune the ignition, or just fuel?

bdavison
December 14th, 2012, 02:39 PM
That map is what I would consider to be just a tolerance +/- map of the test equipment....in other words not enough appreciable gain to even show that anything happened.

cory jordan
January 22nd, 2013, 01:39 AM
A bit strange, I can't say I'm terribly impressed. Why did they settle on losing power from 11k to redline? They probably over-adjusted the AFR and were too stubborn/lazy to dial it in better. At least they picked up a LbFt in the midrange, but that's also where the stock mapping is richest [low hanging fruit].

Did they also tune the ignition, or just fuel?

from what i read, they stray away from ignition tuning, as they feel its not something a regular bike needs, and they try to focus on the a/f to produce a better powerful bike.

*clearly they go hand in hand.*