View Full Version : Lighting question on my '07

Apex
March 8th, 2009, 06:53 PM
So I go to leave work this evening and started up my bike. I did my usual walk around. I found that my tail lamp was out. Not having a spare, I proceeded to get a little upset. I noticed that the sun was fading fast. I hopped on the bike and headed home. I stopped by an auto-shop on the way home.

I installed the new bulb. Right now I have three spare bulbs sitting under my seat in a plastic bag. I'll be able to tackle it the second I see it.

And I must say, I love having the on-board tool kit, saved my butt.

I am upset that there is only ONE filament to light the running light and one filament for the brake.

Are there any mods or upgrades to wire in additional lights? Maybe an LED upgrade? I just don't want to go and risk a bulb burning out while I'm riding and not notice it when it is dark out. Safety first in my opinion, and I need to address this issue.

Alex
March 8th, 2009, 06:57 PM
I've got a set of these on one of my other bikes, but haven't installed one on our ninjette as of yet:

http://www.hyperlites.com/

Apex
March 8th, 2009, 07:12 PM
I've got a set of these on one of my other bikes, but haven't installed one on our ninjette as of yet:

http://www.hyperlites.com/
Thanks for the link. That is just what I am looking for.

bikerchris
March 8th, 2009, 08:28 PM
I did the standard pod light modification with LED's. The bulbs and sockets total cost me like $20. I feel safer.

Neema12
June 25th, 2009, 02:19 PM
I did the standard pod light modification with LED's. The bulbs and sockets total cost me like $20. I feel safer.

Can you provide a link or more information about these lights? I ordered the asiancycle turn signal bulbs for my clear rear turn signals but would prefer your lights if they are $20. I checked the site and found nothing for that price. I would appreciate any help :)

Verus Cidere
June 26th, 2009, 12:05 AM
That's a good idea, but for those of us that integrated our turn signals into the pods, is there anything else to do? I like the hyperlite idea, but not the part about it flashing. It could get me in trouble around here for "impersonating a police officer". :rolleyes: