View Full Version : NEWGEN Gas Tank on PREGEN

vman1313
September 24th, 2013, 10:04 AM
Anybody ever put a NEWGEN Gas Tank on a PREGEN? I am in need of a Gas Tank for my PREGEN but am having no luck finding a decent one. I have found many 08-12 in great shape and for decent prices and it got me thinking?!?!?! :rolleyes: Would it fit?

vman1313
September 25th, 2013, 06:22 PM
Hmmmm.....maybe no answer means nobody has tried it?!?!?!:rolleyes:

ninjamunky85
September 25th, 2013, 06:25 PM
I'm guessing it wouldn't work without some significant fabrication.

csmith12
September 26th, 2013, 06:18 AM
There are going to be issues. I haven't tried it but I can do a test fitment with pics for you next week. Off the cuff and assuming your using stock pregen fairings, I would guess the issues will mainly be;

Tank length differences may affect the alignment of the mount bolts under the seat
Tank width differences will affect fairing mount bolts
Tank shape differences will affect fairing alignment and overall appearance
2 keys :(

Chicagobob
September 26th, 2013, 07:42 AM
It won't fit with the stock fairings. If you are running your bike naked, then anything is possible. The pregen rear tank mount lends itself to much modification.

vman1313
September 26th, 2013, 09:20 AM
@csmith - man I would love a fitment test with pics if you are able to do that. Like I said, I was just curious but just didnt see any big difference (besides the fairing bolts).

It was actually just a thought and curiosity BUT if you are telling me the fairing is the main reason that it wouldnt fit, then I am trying it because MY fairings on the PREGEN are not even connected to my gas tank.:rolleyes:

csmith12
September 26th, 2013, 09:22 AM
:werd: I have races this weekend, after that, I will be tearing all fairings and such off the bike and can take pics. Hold fast and the pics will tell the story.

toxic
April 3rd, 2014, 11:22 AM
I know this thread is dead but wondering if anybody had try this yet. Very interested my self..PS I would be naked..

csmith12
April 8th, 2014, 06:46 PM
Crap, I let this slip... my bad. I will have both my 250's in the garage with the fairings off this weekend.

Stay tuned.

N-m
April 14th, 2014, 08:55 AM
.??

csmith12
April 14th, 2014, 02:22 PM
Welcome Newton!

I haven't forgotten about this thread. I just keep getting sidetrack helping others.

Anyway... Will be in the garage tonight taking these pics.

CZroe
May 10th, 2014, 04:09 PM
There is a member here who has done it and it did take extensive fabrication and modification to the frame as I recall. The petcock interferes.