View Full Version : Ninja 250 problems

itslocfoo
November 2nd, 2013, 10:25 PM
I recently bought a used bike it has a lot of problems/issues, and one of them is the idle. it idles at 1k then after a rev it would go up to 3k-4k and stays there.

when i try to adjust the idle up it would quickly go over 2k. If I try to lower it bike sometimes would just turn off.

I was told that my jets are dirty and needed to be clean. I took my bike a part, and i looked in side the carbs. All Jets were clean and all holes were clear. Now i just don't know what's wrong with my bike. help?

and also there were two item that I did not know where it came from. after putting the bike back together i found it. I will add the pictures.

FvnnyL3tt3r1ng
November 3rd, 2013, 05:51 AM
Well I can't tell you where that bolt came from but check over what you took apart again. Those bolts are usually grouped together with the same markings on the head.

The spring is a strap for your intake lid I believe to help keep them seated on the carbs.

itslocfoo
November 3rd, 2013, 08:15 AM
Well I can't tell you where that bolt came from but check over what you took apart again. Those bolts are usually grouped together with the same markings on the head.

The spring is a strap for your intake lid I believe to help keep them seated on the carbs.

I checked over everything I can't find the hole of where it came from.

Where is that? Do you have a picture of the intake lid?

FvnnyL3tt3r1ng
November 3rd, 2013, 08:17 AM
I checked over everything I can't find the hole of where it came from.

Where is that? Do you have a picture of the intake lid?

Its right under the gas tank where the carbs face back.

itslocfoo
November 3rd, 2013, 08:46 AM
Its right under the gas tank where the carbs face back.

You mean around the big tubes?

choneofakind
November 3rd, 2013, 09:03 AM
No, the spring is a spring clamp. That makes sure that your carb boots (from the air box) are snugged onto your carbs.

Look at those two rubber parts that attach to your carbs. One of them is missing the spring clamp. That explains the crappy idle without dirty carbs. You're getting unfiltered air sucked in there because the boots aren't dealing onto the carbs.

choneofakind
November 3rd, 2013, 09:08 AM
The strap for your intake lid and battery is a rubber strap that's about 1.25" wide and about 0.25" thick with a little metal hook at one end and a rubber loop on the other.

itslocfoo
November 3rd, 2013, 09:21 AM
The strap for your intake lid and battery is a rubber strap that's about 1.25" wide and about 0.25" thick with a little metal hook at one end and a rubber loop on the other.

Thanks I'll take a look when I am home

FvnnyL3tt3r1ng
November 3rd, 2013, 10:39 AM
Thats what I meant chone. Don't know why I called it the strap.

Dragone
November 3rd, 2013, 01:01 PM
No, the spring is a spring clamp. That makes sure that your carb boots (from the air box) are snugged onto your carbs.

Look at those two rubber parts that attach to your carbs. One of them is missing the spring clamp. That explains the crappy idle without dirty carbs. You're getting unfiltered air sucked in there because the boots aren't dealing onto the carbs.

^ +1

But how could you have an extra bolt??? lol

itslocfoo
November 3rd, 2013, 03:04 PM
^ +1

But how could you have an extra bolt??? lol

hahah yeah! where did it come from? :(

Lychee
November 6th, 2013, 11:15 AM
what size socket fits on it and how long is it?

alex.s
November 6th, 2013, 12:59 PM
it looks like a 12 or 14 flanged hex head in about 10x50mm. theres a few of those bolts on the bike... check the following locations:

voltage regulator/rectifier mounting bolt
swingarm axle adjuster
forward top engine bracket mount bolt
top triple, fork clamp bolt (92002: BOLT,10X32)