View Full Version : Spring

itslocfoo
November 5th, 2013, 02:21 PM
Hi i have a pregen 2007 Ninja 250; i recently did a carb clean and i lost the spring wrap for the airfilter duct(tube). I was wondering can i replace that spring with a clamp? if so what kind could you guys link me? thank you!

csmith12
November 5th, 2013, 02:23 PM
You mean on the airbox boots that connect to the carb? If so, then yes, done it many times on my older bikes. You should be able to pick up something that will work at your local auto parts/hardware store. I suggest your take the boot with you.

itslocfoo
November 5th, 2013, 02:35 PM
You mean on the airbox boots that connect to the carb? If so, then yes, done it many times on my older bikes. You should be able to pick up something that will work at your local auto parts/hardware store. I suggest your take the boot with you.

Aw man i have to take it a part again? hahahah darn. Thanks man by any chance do you know the size of your clamp or this clamp in particular ?

csmith12
November 6th, 2013, 07:28 AM
Size? Sorry Loc, don't have it off hand but if you give me an hour or two, I can post the measure with pics. It will save you the trouble of taking it apart again. Please stand by.

itslocfoo
November 6th, 2013, 09:57 AM
Size? Sorry Loc, don't have it off hand but if you give me an hour or two, I can post the measure with pics. It will save you the trouble of taking it apart again. Please stand by.

thanks man! I ordered a hose clamp for airfilter for the Newer Generation of Ninja 250 do you think its gonna fit? it was cheap so I ordered it.

whats the size differences between the boot/duct of the new gen vs pre gen?

Lychee
November 6th, 2013, 11:11 AM
I just used one of those $2 worm clamps at an auto parts store. I think it was like 2" in diameter. I trust the seal more now than with the stock clamp too.

itslocfoo
November 8th, 2013, 12:55 AM
Great! ill look for it at my nearby auto shop! thanks man

Lychee
November 8th, 2013, 12:29 PM
http://faq.ninja250.org/images/4/49/IMG_0108.jpg

I came across this picture in the faq that shows the size of the clamp to be 32-57 mm.

bruce71198
November 11th, 2013, 08:38 PM
Zip tie