View Full Version : So, first time out my wife layed it over!

bshelton
November 14th, 2013, 12:25 PM
She is ok. But the forks are a little off. They dont look bent, but the left fork is not lined up with the other, its off balance I guess. I'll get pics up tonight or tomorrow sometime, but anyone else have this happen?

ninjamunky85
November 14th, 2013, 12:45 PM
The forks are just twisted in the triple clamp. Loosen the clamps and then you can straighten the forks.

Btw sorry to hear about your wife's accident, hopefully she isn't too discouraged.

bshelton
November 14th, 2013, 01:06 PM
Hey thanks man. She is fine, just a little shook up and discouraged like you said. I think she will be fine to try again on another day

Motofool
November 14th, 2013, 01:28 PM
.........She is fine, just a little shook up and discouraged like you said..........

It is important for her to understand what she did wrong.

Here is how to fix that:
http://faq.ninja250.org/wiki/I_need_to_realign_my_forks_and_front_wheel

Panda
November 14th, 2013, 01:29 PM
Did she take the MSF?

bfpower
November 14th, 2013, 01:37 PM
I had the same thing happen. I mean, not the forks thing. My wife dropping the bike her first time on it. Thankfully she was stopped when it happened.

bshelton
November 14th, 2013, 01:48 PM
I know, and no she hasnt done the msc yet. This was just me getting her to do some basic stop start getting used to throttle and clutch business in front of our house. She got a little cocky and, well, you know the rest. She was too mad at herself to listen to me tell her what she did wrong. Its ok though, she wasn't hurt. Everything else is replaceable. Shes a quick learner, just a bit unlucky today.

Motofool
November 14th, 2013, 02:10 PM
..........This was just me getting her to do some basic stop start getting used to throttle and clutch business in front of our house. She got a little cocky and, well, you know the rest.........

Consider that it may be hard for her to hold the bike vertically if she is not tall.
Maybe working on some exercises for static balance (like feet-up and foot-down) before things start moving and her senses get overwhelmed?:
http://www.ninjette.org/forums/showthread.php?p=617313

bshelton
November 14th, 2013, 02:15 PM
Nah, shes definitely tall enough for a Ninjette (5' 10"). She has ridden my SV years ago, crazy that she didnt down that thing with their touchy clutches.

csmith12
November 14th, 2013, 02:18 PM
Sorry man, stay positive!

The guys & gals that run the msf have a belief because their bikes are to be sacrificed to the benefit of all who ride. She should have a good experience there. "Bike is down and broken! Ya? So what, go get her another." - KY MSF coach. :)

/meant in good humor
http://i.imgur.com/VRqL8R0.png

7oxSin
November 14th, 2013, 06:14 PM
lol ima msf coach and when a bike goes down we hop on em and go "nope looks like its running fine, time to grab em another one."

csmith12
November 14th, 2013, 08:08 PM
Levers yo.... it's always the freakin' levers.

massacremasses
November 15th, 2013, 07:42 AM
my wife makes me nervous driving a car...