View Full Version : Unlowering 2007 250

abandonhope16
November 18th, 2013, 08:15 AM
Howdy all - I have a new to me 2007 Ninja 250. When I brought it to the shop to put on some new tires, the Tech pointed out it was lowered. I noticed that it was low and I could very easily flat foot it, but I just figured that was b/c it was a small bike and didn't think much of it; but this may explain why my thigh cramps for the first mile or so. Anyway, how would I "unlower" it. At 5'9, I dont think I need it that low; so I would like to move it up a hole (there is one position up available). I just don't know the way to safely do this. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

Lychee
November 18th, 2013, 11:36 AM
You will need a torque wrench, a jack, a block of wood, and a pair of wrenches that I don't remember the size. A helper to stabilize the bike while it is on the stand and you are beside it is recommended.

Place the bike on the center stand.
Place a jack under the engine with a piece of wood in between the jack and the engine.
Pump/ screw up the jack just enough that the weight of the bike on the rear suspension is unloaded.
Using a pair of wrenches, undo the dog bone bolts on the side with the multiple holes, allowing them to swing on the remaining bolt.
After it is initially broken loose, the bolt should not be super hard to undo. If it is, play with the jack height until it is easier.
Raise the bike height until you find that the correct holes on the dog bones line up.
Reinsert the bolts. Again, the bolts should go in smoothly. If they do not, play with the jack height until it does.
Snug up the bolts but do not torque yet.
Remove the jack and center stand.
Bounce the rear suspension.
Put the bike back on the center stand.
Torque the bolts.
Done. :thumbup:

abandonhope16
November 18th, 2013, 12:30 PM
Thanks. I'll need to double-check, but I'm fairly certain its similar to the below; but I think it only has 2 holes. Right now its set at the top hole, leaving me with one available spot to move it. Doesnt seem that it will be too bad.
http://www.motosport.com/motorcycle/2007-kawasaki-ex250-ninja-250--YANA-SHIKI-LRC-LOWERING-LINK-15-POLISHED

Singh2jz
November 18th, 2013, 02:42 PM
Let me know if you end up needing the stock dog bones. I've got a set I wanna get rid of. Good luck :thumbup: