View Full Version : Mirror mounting holes

CrossProduct
November 23rd, 2013, 03:20 PM
Hi - another question about a recently-acquired 2007 Ninja 250R. The bike came without mirrors, so I got a pair of aftermarket ones which are supposed to fit. The weird thing is that what seem like the obvious mounting holes to use on the bike don't seem to line up: on both sides, if I remove the rubber seal and look through the mirror holes in the front fairing, I can see what look like corresponding holes (two arranged vertically on each side) on the main body of the bike. But these seem to be too far "inward" (i.e. towards the centerline of the bike) and so don't really overlap with the fairing holes - I can see them, but I don't think I could get a screw through the fairing hole and into them.

I assume I'm doing something stupid, since the fairing (while a bit damaged) looks to be on ok and in the right place, judging by its position around the headlight, but I can't figure out what. Could there be a part missing? Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

baxtc1
November 24th, 2013, 01:25 PM
The two holes on each side, one is threaded for the bolt, the other is for the locating pin. If the fairing has been damaged, there is a fair chance the frame for the speedo/mirror/fairing mout is bent.
You could try to straighten it, in my case, I just bought a second hand one.
Good luck.

Lychee
December 10th, 2013, 05:44 PM
The fairing stay is bent. Break it out and man handle it to the right spot. It may never mount perfectly again though. You may have to push the fairing one way in order to mount the mirror.

alex.s
December 10th, 2013, 05:52 PM
nice name. can you do Dot products as well?

choneofakind
December 10th, 2013, 07:26 PM
nice name. can you do Dot products as well?

I feel like this may be a case of right twix vs left twix. :D