View Full Version : Rebuild Part 2

eulark
December 12th, 2013, 05:17 PM
Hey All,

So over the course of the past year, I rebuilt my motor with tons of help from the community. In particular n4mwd has been really helpful, so I want to thank him for all that.

Now I have tons of spare parts left over. And I'm thinking I want to go ahead and assemble a motor for a roller should I ever find one, or to at least have a spare out back.

My questions.

1. The cranks shaft I have is toast along with the rods and bearings. So, what are my options with going used and looking for these? Find a crank with the rods still attached and no play whatsoever? If I remember, new rods and bearings are not cheap.

2. Pistons matched to the cylinders. Would new rings be prudent? I have more than enough laying around that all look good. Also whats the procedure for mixing pistons from one motor with the cylinder from another?

Thanks!

alex.s
December 12th, 2013, 05:26 PM
find an engine (without head) with a blown transmission and side cover damage. slap in your head, transmission and side covers.

eulark
December 12th, 2013, 05:39 PM
Any leads on one?

I have literally everything necessary haha minus a good cranks and rods. And a spare clutch basket and interior cover thing (Not the outside one).