View Full Version : debaffled exhaust..

Josh_kcco
January 3rd, 2014, 11:10 PM
yea or nay?!
couldnt find a video in the youtube of how it sounds. i was told that you have to rejet and shim the carbs if you do so.

burnrich
January 4th, 2014, 12:02 AM
Have a geez at this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0mm2OB4Nq2U
:thumbup:

Josh_kcco
January 4th, 2014, 12:44 AM
does you have t rejet to do this?

burnrich
January 4th, 2014, 02:16 AM
does you have t rejet to do this?

I can't see why you would need to resync the carbs although the loss of a little back pressure may make the engine run less efficiently. Personally I would be investing in a couple of aftermarket zorsts and keeping the stock ones in case you get rolled by the cops for non kosha mods.

burnrich
January 4th, 2014, 02:17 AM
And that would be a no to a rejet imho.

tc.young
January 4th, 2014, 06:41 AM
technically your meant to pull the plugs and see how its burning in different throttle ranges. it also depends on your altitude, etc.

or you can just ride and not worry, a lot of people seam to do this now-a-days

Josh_kcco
January 4th, 2014, 10:47 AM
technically your meant to pull the plugs and see how its burning in different throttle ranges. it also depends on your altitude, etc.

or you can just ride and not worry, a lot of people seam to do this now-a-days

honestly i keep going back n forth on modding my bike. i feel its easier to sell when its not all tricked out. and also i know im not going to be on a 250r for forever so theres no point in putting money on a bike that i dont plan on keeping for ever. but then again i just mike keep it, cause its my first bike and im kinda attached to it. :bounce:

FvnnyL3tt3r1ng
January 4th, 2014, 11:22 AM
honestly i keep going back n forth on modding my bike. i feel its easier to sell when its not all tricked out. and also i know im not going to be on a 250r for forever so theres no point in putting money on a bike that i dont plan on keeping for ever. but then again i just mike keep it, cause its my first bike and im kinda attached to it. :bounce:

I said this a year and a half ago and it still hasn't happened lol. I ended up puttin so many mods on it there's no way I can sell it now. Still getting a bigger bike though. Stock suspension/handlebars/tires/jets and exhaust suck though imo. GL

Motofool
January 4th, 2014, 12:18 PM

http://faq.ninja250.org/wiki/Why_performance_mods_might_not_be_good_for_you

http://faq.ninja250.org/wiki/New_Riders

"Work on the rider first; then, work on the bike. It is much better spend time fixing the rider rather than spend money fixing the bike" - Hiroshi Kimura

choneofakind
January 4th, 2014, 12:52 PM
If you're not going to fork over the money to get actual slipons or full system, don't even bother modding the stock cans to be louder. Won't save any weight and the tone produced by removing the baffles is tinny, shallow, and awful. A friend did it, it sounded awful. He bought my old stock cans from be because he hated the sound. All it does is make your bike louder, without sounding and better. Aka, makes it worse. :thumbup:

shaggy
January 4th, 2014, 02:43 PM
If you're not going to fork over the money to get actual slipons or full system, don't even bother modding the stock cans to be louder. Won't save any weight and the tone produced by removing the baffles is tinny, shallow, and awful. A friend did it, it sounded awful. He bought my old stock cans from be because he hated the sound. All it does is make your bike louder, without sounding and better. Aka, makes it worse. :thumbup:

My experience exactly!

Get a used Muzzy system, not too loud and sounds great!