View Full Version : What does your ninja 250 sound like when warmed up?

itslocfoo
January 15th, 2014, 12:26 AM
I was riding with one my friend that owns a ninja 250, he actually has a 1989 ninja 250 and the engine sounds so smooth compared to mine. My bike makes a gogging and popping noise is that normal? whats wrong?

And I another question for my friend, he recently rebuilt his bike he took it to the shop and got everything done. When we were riding his bike often stalled he said its because the bike over heats a lot, we would have to wait a few mins to start it up. Do you guys know what is wrong?

Thank you so much guys.

here's the bike in action
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tup9pzcVaP0&feature=youtube_gdata_player
the stripes on the fender are from previous owner :[

alex.s
January 15th, 2014, 12:27 AM
it sounds like "VRrrrommmm! vrrrrooooom!"

itslocfoo
January 15th, 2014, 12:29 AM
it sounds like "VRrrrommmm! vrrrrooooom!"

hahahaha i meant when its idling. My bad.

Trailerboy531
January 15th, 2014, 12:31 AM
Sounds like you have a platypus in your airbox. Usually takes a crane to get it out.

Your friend on the other hand........he's got a flaming squirrel. Tell him to sell the bike and pray that it doesn't remember his address.

itslocfoo
January 15th, 2014, 01:00 AM
Sounds like you have a platypus in your airbox. Usually takes a crane to get it out.

Your friend on the other hand........he's got a flaming squirrel. Tell him to sell the bike and pray that it doesn't remember his address.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
speechless.:bow:

CaptainPlatypus
January 15th, 2014, 05:56 AM

:rotflmao:

csmith12
January 15th, 2014, 06:10 AM
hahahaha i meant when its idling. My bad.

Idle you say?

putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt

csmith12
January 15th, 2014, 06:17 AM
Seriously though, the differences in sound could come from many things;

Exhaust can
Air filter
Tuning
Valve lash
Vacuum leaks
many many more

First check inside your airbox for debris and the condition of your filter. Then check for vacuum leaks by misting some carb cleaner around the carbs, intake and airbox boots and near vac lines.

subxero
January 15th, 2014, 06:28 AM
sounds like an orgasm in my ear hole, not to be confused with someone orgasming into my ear hole

xaple
January 15th, 2014, 06:36 AM
brum brum brum brum brum brumbrum brum brum brum brum brum click VRUUUUUUUUUM click VRUUUUUUUUM click VRUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUM click VRUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUM click VRUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUM click vroooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo red light mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm click VRUM ooooooommmmmmm click VRUM click VRUM ooooooommmmmmm click VRUM ooooooommmmmmm OH GREEN LIGHT VVVVVVVVVVVRRRUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM And then I speed away never to be seen again.

csmith12
January 15th, 2014, 06:41 AM
And I another question for my friend, he recently rebuilt his bike he took it to the shop and got everything done. When we were riding his bike often stalled he said its because the bike over heats a lot, we would have to wait a few mins to start it up. Do you guys know what is wrong?

Thank you so much guys.

here's the bike in action
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tup9pzcVaP0&feature=youtube_gdata_player
the stripes on the fender are from previous owner :[

Another serious post here. :p

1st, your video is marked private
2nd, Tell you friend to check the coolant level in this bike. If it's full, he may have to burp it. Or more rare, but if the cap is damaged it may need to be replaced.

jkv45
January 15th, 2014, 07:46 AM

Your friend needs to cure the overheating problem before he has some major issues.

Check that the overflow bottle is at the proper level, then remove the cap (engine has to be cold) and confirm the level in the radiator is up to the top. If so, you need to look farther. Most likely either the thermostat is not opening properly or the radiator itself is plugged - but I wouldn't ride it until you have it figured out and fixed.

alex.s
January 15th, 2014, 09:25 AM
overheating can sometimes be caused by too lean jets.

csmith12
January 15th, 2014, 09:29 AM
overheating can sometimes be caused by too lean jets.

Wouldn't the pipes glow red as well with that? I dunno if that is a dumb question or not. I have never been THAT far off on my jetting to overheat an engine.

alex.s
January 15th, 2014, 09:32 AM
depends on the air temp. if its cool outside, the pipes get great convection cooling but if its hot they'll definitely glow. even if the engine temp is fine you can glow your pipes from hard work. (well you know, depends on the material of the pipe)

honestly if your cooling system is working at all it shouldn't be able to overheat. it probably just needs to be flushed with some new stuff. i bet its looking mighty black right now