View Full Version : Front brakes

fast1075
January 20th, 2014, 08:41 AM
I saw the thread where a GSXR caliper was put on a new gen.

I found that the Pre-Gen uses a 260 mm rotor, and the New Gen uses a 290 mm rotor.

Will a New Gen rotor bolt to a Pre-Gen wheel?

Motofool
January 20th, 2014, 12:56 PM
..............Will a New Gen rotor bolt to a Pre-Gen wheel?

:noidea: :noidea: :noidea:

This is a question for our front-end expert old3

old3
January 20th, 2014, 02:05 PM
Different bolt pattern as I recall. I don't have my son's bike handy to double check it. 99% sure, rotor/wheel are different.

fast1075
January 20th, 2014, 04:30 PM
I REALLY like the upgrade idea. The extra 30mm of disc would be handy. Is there an "oversize" pre-gen disc that may be available?

I have access to the 4 piston and 6 piston calipers, and I am going to have the bike down for major maintenance soon.

I have built a lot of caliper hangers for my bikes and customer bikes over the years and fiddled with different rotors, calipers and master cylinders. I am just hoping to not have to reinvent the wheel so to speak. It would be a lot easier if someone has been down this road before.

If I can bring the front brake up to equal the front on my Buell, I will be very, very happy.

old3
January 22nd, 2014, 01:45 PM
Ooops, I misunderstood the question, I though this was regarding a 2008-12 getting a Ninja 300 rotor. Sorry about that. The pregen wheel and later 08-12 rotor might be a match, I have no idea.

Sorry about that! I followed the link after the mention notice and misunderstood the topic!