View Full Version : 96 250R Sprocket cover & rubber feet

nickcasa
January 25th, 2014, 06:18 AM
So i replaced the sprocket and chain with a 15/41, all that worked out good, thanks for the great posts everyone, however putting the sprocket cover back on, i have the 3 bolts, but somewhere in that area, 2 little rubber feet or plugs came out and i can't figure out where they go for the life of me....any advice on this one?? looks like they may go on the inside of the sprocket cover for vibration assistance or something, but im lost...

Nick

n4mwd
January 25th, 2014, 07:04 AM
So i replaced the sprocket and chain with a 15/41, all that worked out good, thanks for the great posts everyone, however putting the sprocket cover back on, i have the 3 bolts, but somewhere in that area, 2 little rubber feet or plugs came out and i can't figure out where they go for the life of me....any advice on this one?? looks like they may go on the inside of the sprocket cover for vibration assistance or something, but im lost...

Nick

I didn't see any rubber parts when I did mine. There are some hollow alignment pins, but they are steel. Maybe someone replaced them with rubber before you got it.

15/41 sounds really aggressive. Let us know how it works out.

n4mwd
January 25th, 2014, 07:07 AM
Ooooh, I just noticed where you live.

nickcasa
January 25th, 2014, 08:19 AM
I didn't see any rubber parts when I did mine. There are some hollow alignment pins, but they are steel. Maybe someone replaced them with rubber before you got it.

15/41 sounds really aggressive. Let us know how it works out.

15/41 was rec'd by some board members here, so i went with it....should get better gas mileage as you know we have hills in palm beach....i live off northlake, 10miles west of i95, down the street from ibis....

the steel pins were there, i found where one of the rubber plugs went, if looking at the sprocket, about 7oclock on the dial, fit right it....the other, no clue.....owell, off for a ride to see how it all works....excited!

n4mwd
January 25th, 2014, 09:01 AM
15/41 was rec'd by some board members here, so i went with it....should get better gas mileage as you know we have hills in palm beach....i live off northlake, 10miles west of i95, down the street from ibis....

the steel pins were there, i found where one of the rubber plugs went, if looking at the sprocket, about 7oclock on the dial, fit right it....the other, no clue.....owell, off for a ride to see how it all works....excited!

I still have no clue about the rubber things. I've been into 4 different engines so far and none had rubber things in the front sprocket. There isn't even a gasket there.

We have lots of hills here. There's the one that goes over the turnpike for one. And the big one on Blue Heron that goes to the beaches. At least with a 15/41 ratio you wont be smacking into the back of cars when you are going up hill.

I have a 15T front and its great for the most part. No chain mod needed. I was thinking of getting a 44T rear for long rides. A 15/44 should require no chain mod either.

So how did it take off? If its too sluggish, you might burn your clutch out prematurely.

fishdip
January 25th, 2014, 09:48 AM
This was how mine looked.

nickcasa
January 25th, 2014, 10:33 AM
I still have no clue about the rubber things. I've been into 4 different engines so far and none had rubber things in the front sprocket. There isn't even a gasket there.

We have lots of hills here. There's the one that goes over the turnpike for one. And the big one on Blue Heron that goes to the beaches. At least with a 15/41 ratio you wont be smacking into the back of cars when you are going up hill.

I have a 15T front and its great for the most part. No chain mod needed. I was thinking of getting a 44T rear for long rides. A 15/44 should require no chain mod either.

So how did it take off? If its too sluggish, you might burn your clutch out prematurely.

take off seems fine actually, however im not very experienced riding, so what do i know....at least the bouncing is gone from the crap chain i had....rode up to publix on northlake and then to the library, about 16 miles overall and it was smooth at 65,70.....so happy now.....i'll take pics of the rubber things...no clue either, explains why the online manual was no help.....

n4mwd
January 25th, 2014, 11:32 AM
take off seems fine actually, however im not very experienced riding, so what do i know....at least the bouncing is gone from the crap chain i had....rode up to publix on northlake and then to the library, about 16 miles overall and it was smooth at 65,70.....so happy now.....i'll take pics of the rubber things...no clue either, explains why the online manual was no help.....

I don't understand what you mean by bouncing chains. They will bind when they get worn out and make a snapping sound when you take off, but I've never had one bounce.

I guess you mean the library by Publix on Seminole Pratt and orange. I was just at Burger King having lunch. The speed bumps on orange are kind of fun. I made an idiot tailgater lose his muffler on those one time. He was tailgating me and when I sped up, he was still tailgating me. So I took him over those bumps at 65 or so. The next thing I know is I'm hearing a muffler being ground under a car. Maybe he'll think twice before he tailgates another biker.