View Full Version : Changing my front light... Hard?

Jdb17
February 12th, 2014, 07:33 PM
i really want to switch my headlight to this
http://www.speedmotoco.com/product-p/smc-64313.00.htm

For a beginner with no experience working on motorcycles how hard would this be to do? the bike already has no front fairing so that portion of the task is out of the way, also i have a sigma bike speedometer instead of the stock ones. If that even matters ha.

Let me know if you have done something similar, how it came out, and the difficulty! thanks!

CZroe
May 24th, 2014, 04:49 PM
As far as the attachment goes, it looks like it bolts right on. The bulb is different so you'll need to adapt dual H7 bulbs to an H4 (high and low in a single bulb). At the very least you'll need a socket and some wire but someone probably makes a wire harness plug and play adapter for that.

InvisiBill
May 25th, 2014, 10:43 AM
The bulb is different so you'll need to adapt dual H7 bulbs to an H4 (high and low in a single bulb). At the very least you'll need a socket and some wire but someone probably makes a wire harness plug and play adapter for that.

PreGen is a single H4. The factory plug/bulb should work with the aftermarket headlight.

alex.s
May 25th, 2014, 11:02 AM
you'll want to get rid of the front fairing stay which gets rid of the speedo mount right? so you'ld want a way to mount that to the bars or something

CZroe
May 25th, 2014, 11:15 AM
PreGen is a single H4. The factory plug/bulb should work with the aftermarket headlight.

Oops. And I knew that too!

Klondike1020
May 25th, 2014, 11:15 AM
94$ that's expensive imo

Chicagobob
May 25th, 2014, 09:48 PM
I did it. Easy bolt on, but you need to deal with the instruments. See my old posts for a the same package on a pregen.