View Full Version : Need measuring help: im in Thailand

baz666
February 19th, 2014, 01:38 AM
Hey all,
Im in Thailand and coming home to my 2000 ex250.$
soon and i want to do a supermoto conversion. I found a dirt
Bike handlebar for $18, good quality. Its 26 inches wide.
Can and 9 inches from each dips down 4 inches to where
2 grooved attachment points are.
Cld someone do some measuring and give me an idea if itd work?
Im on a mobile phone & cant get photo to load.
Thanks
Baz

j98sprint
February 20th, 2014, 05:21 AM
Hey Bazz, would love to help but your question is not clear. Rephrase and try again.

baz666
February 21st, 2014, 12:44 PM
hey, it's okay. I think I figured it out. Was trying to figure out if a dirtbike handlebar for sale here in Thailand would work in a supermoto conversion with my 2000 ex250.
But judging from an older 250 ninja i saw here, I don't think it's going to be easy.
The angle of the top of the triple tree, the plate the stock handlebars attach to, that's at a downward angle toward the tank.
I'd need some kind of risers that are angled along the bottom, the way the stock risers are.
And the new risers would need to be able to take the middle of a one-piece handlebar, rather than the two stock handlebars.

I don't know if this is making any sense but I'm thinking it would take some fairly detailed fabrication and modifications to switch to dirt bike style handlebar on the ex250. I guess you could find a different top plate that's not angled rearward.
Anyway, it'll have to wait until I get back in a couple weeks to look at my actual bike.
Kind of daft to try and do this from literally the other side of the planet.
Besides, I don't think dirtbike handlebars are all that pricey in the US.
Thanks anyway,
Baz

Motofool
February 21st, 2014, 08:05 PM
......I'd need some kind of risers that are angled along the bottom, the way the stock risers are.....
Baz,

Search for "ninja 650 handlebar" in Google and you may find a solution that suits your need.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/attachments/superbikes-imports/562115d1308353951-kawasaki-ninja-650r-test-ride-review-3.jpg

baz666
February 21st, 2014, 08:13 PM
Hey, good idea!
I forgot the 650 uses a one-piece handlebar. In fact, they're popular bikes over here. Thanks for the heads up.

alex.s
February 21st, 2014, 08:18 PM
http://i.imgur.com/xyxPI6t.png