View Full Version : Ordered factory Pro jet kit

nate-bama
August 11th, 2009, 04:27 PM
and a 15t jt sprocket. ill try and post some install pics , but it might be a month or so i still gotta buy my uni pods and exhaust...

Snake
August 11th, 2009, 05:18 PM
I as well am going to install the Area P exhaust, unipods and rejet kit. I was going to have the dealer to the rejet as I am not confident I can do it since I ave never rejeted a carb before. Your post may give me the confidence I need to do the rejet myself.

Verus Cidere
August 12th, 2009, 12:29 AM
Good point Rick! Where's the rejet DIY?! :rolleyes: :D

nate-bama
August 12th, 2009, 06:05 AM
here you are michael
http://faq.ninja250.org/wiki/I_want_to_improve_my_carburetor_jetting

Verus Cidere
August 12th, 2009, 11:11 AM
Thanks for the link Nate. :D

nate-bama
August 14th, 2009, 09:45 AM
Thanks for the link Nate. :D

sure thing!

nate-bama
August 15th, 2009, 05:36 PM
and i discovered two things
1. My bottom engine mount bolt had loosened and lost its nut, then wiggeled halfway out..lol been wondering about that rattle

2. I have been over using my chain wax

So a little cleaning and a visit to the bolt bin and im back , ready for my trial run. My first impressions are WOW, what a great mod. Now at indicated 75 im spinning 8500 rpm's, before i was at 9100. I also love having more gear to run through. If i run out third now im probably breaking every speed limit in the nation.

The only downside so far is from a dead stop and lower in the power band its m uch more sluggish, However i expect my area p ehaust and jet kit to take care of things

nate-bama
August 20th, 2009, 03:24 PM
Got my factory pro kit last night, today i ordered the K + N filters p/n RU-1822 I cant wait untill they come in!!!

Any one else using the k&n? Or the factory pro?
hello is anybody out there?

nate-bama
September 1st, 2009, 05:50 PM
Ha ha ha so i installed my FACTORY PRO kit , for my first time around as a base line i used...
1. 2 1/2 turns idle

2. 110 main jets

3. needles- clip 3rd slot from top, 2 washers on top

4. K + N pods

5. Holy shi$ this is fun

gonna ride for a week or so before i step up again

***GOOD IDEA ****( a opinion mind you)

do this before you order a exhaust because this is 160 bucks ( or better yet buy your main jets and shim your stock needles wit cheap washers..est. 25 bones)

then if you want to drop more $ do it

nate-bama
September 2nd, 2009, 03:19 PM
rode to work today and went for a ride with my buddy he was on a sportster 1200 late 90's model. it was a lot of fun i used to work hard to keep up now its pretty even as long as i was in the powerband, i was bored following him through the corners

need to play with my midrange some , but first im gonna put my 112 jets in and see what happens

nate-bama
September 4th, 2009, 03:09 PM
so i was very impressed by the first settings and now i put 112 mains in. ran good i think ill ride a bit tonight and in the morning and look at the plugs . im off for 3 days so nows the time to dial her in

nate-bama
September 4th, 2009, 04:17 PM
so the 112 mains are great but now i have mid range drivability issues say cruising in fifth or sixth at 6-8.5k. full throttle is fine though. with giving the bike the same throttle response as where i have my problems it runs perfect 8.5-9k- through redline( in fifth)

so i suppose ill pull it apart again tommorow and play with my needles

nate-bama
September 5th, 2009, 12:38 PM
after spending more time this morning i realized i had more pop with the 110's in.
in a major violation of tuning edicate i started with 110's, so i popped the 108's in this morning and even though i could pull redline fine i had better perfomance with the 110 main.

so tommorrow ill put the 110 jets back in

nate-bama
September 6th, 2009, 09:50 AM
ok put the 110 main jets back in, have clips on the 1st and 3rd slots and one washer under my 3rd clip, 2.5 turns idle

runs great, stock exhaust and k&n pods

the bike now rips through the gears like before the 15 tooth sprocket. i am considering dropping my rear sprocket now

nate-bama
September 7th, 2009, 07:47 PM
MY BIKE WILL BITE YOU, p.m. me if your not running for cover

nate-bama
September 13th, 2009, 04:08 PM
I'm gonna have say if you plan on ordering a 500 dollar kit that improves you performance first spend the $160 (cheaper if you want foam filters, plus even cheaper if you buy your jets individually) or so thats required as far as jetting the carb and de cluster $#@%&g the intake and after thats dialed in see if you want to spend 450+ on a pipe

nate-bama
September 18th, 2009, 06:01 PM
so i been riding for a minute, the real test being a 60 mile ride with my bud and his sportster 1200 today. how i got the bike set up today i can accelerate quicker than him at least to 80, of course if he caught me out the power band his tourqe would leave me behind any way/, ive learned over the past week or to of commuting that i have a slight stumble down around 3-4k and in sixth gear i cant't pull more than 105 indicated..

so right now as she sits the bike is much quicker through the gears and the top end is my only dissapointment, so more to follow

nate-bama
September 18th, 2009, 06:38 PM
come to think of it i do have the 15 tooth front and i shifted out of fifth around 11.5-12k so maybe i could have wound her out higher in fifth. FYI my highest indicate stock jetting was 112 on a maybe 5% grade, downhill

nate-bama
September 30th, 2009, 05:59 PM
today i had maintenance to do so i finally adjusted my lean condition down low just by goin to 3 turns out on my idle mixture. I also went down to the fourth slot from the top on my needles. Pulls real nice. Since installing the jet kit ive put 1000 miles on it. Thumbs up!!!

nate-bama
October 3rd, 2009, 07:06 AM
Here's a helpfull link
http://faq.ninja250.org/wiki/Do_K%26N_pods_provide_a_significant_improvement_in_horsepower%3F

nate-bama
October 9th, 2009, 04:43 PM
:Dok i know ive had my carbs off 4300 times by know heres the latest. I thought i had it dialed in perfect(110 mains , 4th clip down on the needles and 3 turns on my mix) untill i went to the freeway. in sixth gear i was bogging out and slower than stock. So i installed the 108 main jets and bam top end problem solved, but my mid range was too rich so today i moved up to the 3rd slot on my needles and its running great, ran 110 indicated on a level section of i-59. Then i was putting around the drag in Ft. Payne and a guy on a 250 hyosung waved me over, we talked for a bit and decided to see who was the top dog. we made two runs on a straight county road and i got him easily on both. The first was from a stop and i pulled about five lengths on him the second was a 5mph roll on with him starting a couple lengths ahead. It was great times i kinda liked his bike, alot bigger than the ninja with more tourqe but know where near the top end.. he was claiming 30 hp/ 17 ft lbs at the wheel which i doubt. We had to part ways as rain started rolling in

iceman.kcmo
October 10th, 2009, 08:41 AM
cool, good to know. so what mods do you have? I am running 112 mains and 2 washers under my needles. Im thinking in need to step down to at least a 110, probally 108.

I have the snorkle out of the airbox and a muzzy.

nate-bama
October 10th, 2009, 08:50 AM
I've got the k & n pods , the factory pro needles, a 15 tooth sprocket, and a 120 rear. I guess thats all that would affect performance. When i was running richer i felt my performance up to 85 or so was stronger but sixth gear was about useless. Now it feels good all the way through the power band. Hopefully it'll keep running the same through adverse wheather conditions and loads through out the next few weeks