View Full Version : having alot of problems :(

250grunt
September 7th, 2009, 09:48 AM
the other day i got on my bike and it would only run with full choke if i moved the choke lever it would die almost instantly. Today i tried starting it and it wont start unless its on full choke. it instantly goes to 5k rpms and if i give it throttle it dies. sometimes it will start without choke but if it does it will fail to idle and just die after a few mins unless i am constantly feathering the throttle. When it dies also i notice there is a weird sound like air being released from the front end if that makes any sense. so as of now i cant ride it :( i dont know whats going on. I didnt ride it for 11 days before this because i went out of state. But yea any help is appreciated.

kkim
September 7th, 2009, 09:54 AM
how long was it between the time the engine was actually started between your trip out of state? was it 11 days between the times you started the bike or was your trip 11 days?

sounds like your pilot jets are clogged. flush your gas, refill with fresh gas and try adding some seafoam to the tank.

250grunt
September 7th, 2009, 09:56 AM
yea i was out of state for 11 days and it wasnt started at all. Ill try that where can i get seafoam auto parts store?

kkim
September 7th, 2009, 10:00 AM
yes, most autoparts stores have Seafoam. call them first, though. I've also seen it at Walmart recently. :)

http://ccspecialties.org/seafoam.jpg

could you have gotten a bad batch of gas?

250grunt
September 7th, 2009, 10:03 AM
alrite ill check it out kkim thanks and i dont know my bro in law thinks its either bad gas or water in the fuel

250grunt
September 7th, 2009, 11:04 AM
well its started raining, and unfortunately dont have a garage so gonna hold off til it stops raining which will hopefully be soon. weather isnt looking good all week :(

Purspeed
September 10th, 2009, 06:40 PM
KKim is right...get 'yer SeaFoam in there.

That's step one.

Then come back and report.

250grunt
September 10th, 2009, 06:57 PM
started it up today and it ran fine no problems at all :)

lavid2002
September 10th, 2009, 07:12 PM
started it up today and it ran fine no problems at all :)

Preventative action that was your warning put some cleaner in there

randomwalk101
September 12th, 2009, 10:57 AM
Instead of 2 zipties and messy superglue, you can use 3M double layered sticky tape and put it under the zip-tie. It'll adheres to the throttle tube (thus no glue). Apply the second layer of tape to the middle portion of the zip-tie instead of the entire length like the first layer creating the tappering effects.