View Full Version : Exhaust hits the swingarm -

austexjg
October 13th, 2009, 12:43 PM
My bother bought a used 250 - '01 I believe - with about 5000 miles - the problem is the exhaust pipe on the right side (both do this to some degree) hits the swingarm as the shock is compressed. I would just move the bracket to the outside of the frame, but the passenger foot peg prevents this - the hanger must be on the inside of the peg attachement point on the frame -
Is this a common problem?
How can it be resolved?
Should we just fabricate a metal bracket?
Bending the exhaust piping won't help....

noche_caliente
October 13th, 2009, 03:07 PM
the bracket that mounts to the peg is probably bent - you'll need to use something like a mallet and a 2x4 to change the angle so that it no longer hits. Mine did the same thing after my oops last year, but beating on it with a mallet and a board helped to fix that :)

austexjg
October 13th, 2009, 04:38 PM
Yep, just bent the brackets and the problem was solved - seems like a heavy person using the back pegs could cause this to happen.

Verus Cidere
October 13th, 2009, 10:14 PM
I had the same problem with my stock exhaust because of the bike being dropped. 'Tis an easy fix! :D

dbotos
December 1st, 2009, 12:51 PM
I had the same problem when I installed my Muzzy system. Ended up just grabbing the backside of the muffler and pulling outwards. That seemed to fix it. :D

DRivero
December 1st, 2009, 10:14 PM
+1 on having the same problem after a drop. Bent it back out.....problem solved!