View Full Version : Have a lean issue with my bike, issue with coasting enricher.

twiggy2cents
February 23rd, 2010, 05:53 PM
Okay so i have been chasing a stumble after a rev or rocking the bike forwards and back. When I spray carb cleaner at the Coasting enricher the idle raises. Ive pinpointed it to the big top tube on the valve. What does this hose do? When I pinch it at about 2 inches back it raises the idle. Is this because im fixing a vacuum leak or because I am disabling the coasting valve?

Thanks for taking the time to read this!

Darren

2WheelGuy
February 23rd, 2010, 06:01 PM
You've got a vacuum leak in the coasting enricher. The diaphragm is probably torn. For now you can just plug the hose to stop the vacuum leak. The bike just might pop a little on deceleration.

Here is info. on the coasting enricher:
http://faq.ninja250.org/wiki/How_a_carburetor_works:_Carbs_explained#COASTING_ENRICHER_-_Feeding_a_Closed_Mouth

twiggy2cents
February 23rd, 2010, 06:04 PM
ive removed the diaphragm and it looked good. What does the big hose on top do, do you know?

2WheelGuy
February 23rd, 2010, 06:14 PM
ive removed the diaphragm and it looked good. What does the big hose on top do, do you know?

The big hose is a vacuum line. The level of vacuum tells the enricher if the bike is coasting or not. The vacuum leak is why your bike isn't idling properly.

twiggy2cents
February 23rd, 2010, 06:40 PM
so what can leak in that part. The little o ring couldnt be the culprit right? It would have to be the diaphragm?

2WheelGuy
February 23rd, 2010, 06:55 PM
Not much to leak but the diaphragm. Or the housing is cracked or not sealing to the diaphragm. Or the hose just isn't on tight.

twiggy2cents
February 23rd, 2010, 06:57 PM
okay i will stop bothering you now, I will take the tank off tomorrow and start inspecting. Thanks for the advise!!

twiggy2cents
February 24th, 2010, 06:54 PM
okay so i was messing with it tonight. when i plug the line it runs good for a sec then starts to bog down. if i take both rhat line andthe manifold line that goes to it and plug them off they do the same thing asbefore. any ideas?
Posted via Mobile Device