View Full Version : HID Conversion for Pre-Gen on Ebay/Link..

cnichols79us
March 11th, 2010, 05:00 PM
Looks interesting! :thumbup:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Slim-HID-Xenon-Conversion-Kit-Kawasaki-Ninja-250-2007_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem5ad7923dbcQQitemZ390163742140QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5 fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

Verus Cidere
March 11th, 2010, 11:15 PM
Looks interesting... I'd love to know if something like this would work, especially considering the fact that I never use my high-beam anyway. :D

saber63
March 13th, 2010, 03:39 PM
ouch, those are over priced IMO

check out

http://www.ddmtuning.com/index.php?p=product&id=106&parent=61

you get a set with a working HI/Low beam :) i have a set and like them very much, and will be doing a write up soon.

(they also sell non high/low H4 kits for cheaper....)

plus lifetime warranty, they are also super popular on other forms as well.

-Levi

cnichols79us
March 13th, 2010, 05:28 PM
Thats Cool Saber, thanks for the link. I look forward to your right up! Any heat problems and what Color did you go with? Do they make a difference in visible light??? :)

saber63
March 13th, 2010, 07:25 PM
im not sure what your asking about "visable light" but ill give you the low down and hope i awnser all your questions :)

i picked up a set of 55W ballists with 6000K bulbs. i also have a set of 55W 4500K's in my 600RR

i find the 4.5K's to be a tad yellow with the 55W ballist (perfect for a 35W) and the 6K are to blue for me. for best light onto the road, i would go with 5K at 55W and 4.5K for 35W. form what ive seen it should be crystal clear light at those points :)

when i was testing the stock vs HID the stock bulb put out WAY more heat then the HID, so nothing to worry about there!

the light output is WAY better than the stock bulb, WAY WAY better, i can see the lights on the walls of some tunnels during the day, when i cant see anyone else's lights

with a bit of E-tape or other mask, all the nasty scatter can be removed and no blinding will be done(on low beam ;) ) and theres a good change from low beam to high beam so it works well.

-Levi