View Full Version : Philly Riders

Pages : 1 [2]

stinknugget
September 28th, 2011, 11:55 AM
So Tim has a new exhaust, new boyfriend, and a new career :laugh:

Lmfao.... Jer, you were definitely missed.

Hollywood, I ate teriyaki chicken farts for lunch. Delicious.

stinknugget
September 28th, 2011, 12:06 PM
Does anyone have a gopro? If not I'm considering buying one but I recall nick saying something better. I'd like to shoot some ride footage and compile it into a short vid with some music. Why? Because I'm still 12.

I'm sure Hollywood has all the necessary software. ;)

Shaol1n Monk
September 28th, 2011, 12:16 PM
Why? Because I'm still 12.

hahahahahahahaha!

yea ive got the equipment. i'll ask nick about the go pro

jstrain
September 28th, 2011, 12:37 PM
Sorry I missed it! Sounds like fun except for the rain part :D

stinknugget
September 28th, 2011, 12:48 PM
Was a good time despite the weather.

How is everyone's Friday and/or Sunday looking?

Shaol1n Monk
September 28th, 2011, 01:07 PM
im working fri nite at 9, sunday i have team training then the 2nd day, and 2nd movie at the P21 film festival at 3pm. maybe sunday nite

jstrain
September 28th, 2011, 01:26 PM
Don't think I can swing much anytime soon. Gotta help my sister and bro-in-law install a new fence on Friday night / Saturday. Heading down to Deals Gap mid next week with my dad for a little road trip.

Zx94life
September 28th, 2011, 02:37 PM
sunday night sounds good iam in!!! stinknugget dont forget your boyfriend LOL

Zx94life
September 28th, 2011, 02:40 PM
iam free saturday iam pretty sure i can get a couple more guys too. saturdays my birthday too !!!:)

jstrain
September 29th, 2011, 05:24 AM
Happy Birthday Ed! Mine is the 6th (next Wednesday I think)

zilaniz
September 29th, 2011, 07:54 AM
I am free for some riding on saturday. I got a gopro so I can bring that.

jstrain
September 29th, 2011, 12:15 PM
I don't know that I'd show up with the GoPro. Tim may grab it and run. At least if he does, he doesn't have the Stealth Vacum Cleaner Exhaust anymore :D

Shaol1n Monk
September 29th, 2011, 02:15 PM
I don't know that I'd show up with the GoPro. Tim may grab it and run. At least if he does, he doesn't have the Stealth Vacum Cleaner Exhaust anymore :D

LOL!!!

stinknugget
September 30th, 2011, 01:02 PM

Dust buster! Get it right. Lol.

Very cool Z. Unfortunately i wont be able to make it out Saturday.

I am definetly riding tonight though! :)

Shaol1n Monk
September 30th, 2011, 01:50 PM
well i'll be working at triumph brewing company tonite so if u guys wanna stop buy theres no cover for ya, come in and have a beer :)
117 chestnut st

zilaniz
September 30th, 2011, 02:01 PM
well i'll be working at triumph brewing company tonite so if u guys wanna stop buy theres no cover for ya, come in and have a beer :)
117 chestnut st

I've heard good things about TBC but have never been. I hate riding my bike in the city though I almost always take my car. The problem with me drinking in the city is driving home cause I like beer just a little too much haha

stinknugget
October 7th, 2011, 03:15 PM
Ok, I know i sound like a broken record when it comes to the river run but its the best ride i know of. I would like to get an idea of who would be interested and when they would be available. We can make the rally point my house to start. Everyone is more than welcome to hang out here for a bit and make sure everyones bike is good to go....You know minor stuff like chain lubes, adjustments etc. The ride starts in Morrisville and ends wherever but it only gets better the further we go. The route is 32 north to 611 all along the delaware. Its an amazing ride. We need to make sure we bring cameras and vid cams too. Afterwards, if everyone is up to it, we can come back to my house for beers, burgers, and bull#$%^.

I am thinking we should get an early start say meetup here around 10am (what can i say i make my own hours 10 is early to me :) ) the short version of the ride is up 32 north until it meets 611, Only an hour or so. The long version ends by the delaware water gap. 2 1/2 - 3 hour a$$ nummer but the ride is worth it. Im down either way. Let me know what you guys think and when your available.

Sunday is looking to be beautiful....but if its too short notice let me know when.

zilaniz
October 7th, 2011, 03:45 PM
I could do Sunday. I have you number so I will text you on Saturday to make sure everything is still good to go. I'll bring my gopro as well.

jstrain
October 7th, 2011, 04:13 PM
Jae, I got your txt. Awesome! I can't respond cause I get no service at all where we're staying. I musta run through some reception while we were out riding today and your pic showed up, but I didn't see it until I got back here and now I can't respond. Tell Mo I said congrats!

You guys will be glad to know the 250 is representing down here at the Dragon. Did a run or two on it yesterday. Today we hit up the Blue Ridge Parkway and some other local roads. We got really lucky. Late in the season, so there is very little traffic, but it's freakishly nice out. Got up to almost 80 today and it's totally clear.

stinknugget
October 7th, 2011, 04:47 PM
nice Jeremy! Represent! Glad to hear yor having a good time.

Z, Hit me up whenever on Saturday and well hash out the details.

Zx94life
October 8th, 2011, 07:31 AM
HEY CAN ALL YOU GUYS CALL ME. I LOST ALL MY CONTACTS ON MY PHONE
:mad:

Shaol1n Monk
October 8th, 2011, 11:19 AM
cant do sunday, hollywoods got a music video shoot from noon to 5....
i will say tim can really LUBE A CHAIN (no homo lol)
represent jer, when u get back there will be one more in our lil group!:thumbup:

jstrain
October 10th, 2011, 05:20 AM
Did you guys do the River Run yesterday? Man, it got warm! Can't wait to see Mo out and about.

Pics of a little 250 assaulting the Dragon are starting to surface :D

http://jstrain.smugmug.com/Other/Temporary/i-Qm8jWvg/0/O/Dragon1.jpg

http://jstrain.smugmug.com/Other/Temporary/i-RZm2DCK/0/O/Dragon2.jpg

Shaol1n Monk
October 10th, 2011, 09:07 AM
nice Jeremy!!!! :thumbup:

"A"
October 10th, 2011, 04:21 PM
Anyone heading to 2-Wheel-Tuesday (http://philadelphiariders.com/events.html) tomorrow night?

I might be able to get a ride out there tomorrow evening.

jstrain
October 10th, 2011, 04:35 PM
Wish I could, but I gotta work :(

Shaol1n Monk
October 10th, 2011, 05:44 PM
Anyone heading to 2-Wheel-Tuesday (http://philadelphiariders.com/events.html) tomorrow night?

I might be able to get a ride out there tomorrow evening.

i might be able to get there, i have stunt training at 830ish so i can maybe come before... no beers for me before training tho LOL :thumbup:

stinknugget
October 20th, 2011, 01:29 PM
These are some picks ive had for a bit on my phone of the philly ninjas out and about... Enjoy.

The ninja's "on set". ;)
http://i622.photobucket.com/albums/tt306/Tdrulard/IMG_1211.jpg

The ninja's on the river run.
http://i622.photobucket.com/albums/tt306/Tdrulard/IMG_1197.jpg

Me and B down Rittenhouse square.
http://i622.photobucket.com/albums/tt306/Tdrulard/IMG_1193.jpg

zilaniz
October 20th, 2011, 01:54 PM
Nice pics, I'm going to send you those gopro files tonight when I get back from work

Zx94life
October 20th, 2011, 02:58 PM
Nice!!

jstrain
October 21st, 2011, 05:54 AM
Was anyone out in Philly last night? Met up with a guy who is doing some work on my old Honda. When I was heading home on 2nd street, I saw 3 bikes pass the light I was at. Looked like a green bike in front (Eddie?) and maybe a green 250 (Tim?).

Shaol1n Monk
October 21st, 2011, 10:07 AM
yea bro we were out. if it was us eddie had his wife w him, tim and mohammed finally got his yellow ninja and was riding last nite! i had made a wrong turn and went across the stupid bridge. $5 wrong turn :mad:

jstrain
October 21st, 2011, 10:15 AM
:laugh:

Were you riding across 2nd around 10:30? I almost turned and followed you, but I was more interested in going to bed :D

Shaol1n Monk
October 21st, 2011, 03:37 PM
yea prob leaving south street and heading for kelly drive....
bed? who needs sleep when theres riding to be done :D
u gotta come out again soon brother, we got a regular biker gang rollin now lol

jstrain
October 22nd, 2011, 04:21 PM
Yeah, I miss riding with you guys! Been out of town each weekend, so I've had my daughter during the week. That means no real riding time.

After this weekend, schedule should be back to normal, so maybe we can grab a Tuesday night at the abbye

Shaol1n Monk
October 22nd, 2011, 06:46 PM
sounds good brother

jstrain
October 24th, 2011, 05:39 AM
So where'd you guys wind up yesterday? Did Mo survive?

Zx94life
October 24th, 2011, 08:31 AM
Heres some pics

jstrain
October 24th, 2011, 02:04 PM
No pics Eddie :laugh:

stinknugget
October 25th, 2011, 01:17 PM
They look great. Macgayver.

jstrain
October 25th, 2011, 01:18 PM
Bike Night at Abbye?

Zx94life
October 25th, 2011, 01:25 PM
I tried its asking for some url ??

"A"
November 1st, 2011, 11:28 AM
Bike Night at Abbye?

It is tonight, I might be able to make it.

Shaol1n Monk
November 1st, 2011, 01:39 PM
i might make it down before stunt training tonite. lemme know whos going.

jstrain
November 2nd, 2011, 05:12 AM
I wimped out. Just went for a short ride with my dad round here. Almost took out a deer. Thankfully I missed it, but it was a very close call.

In other news, the Aprilia is gone, but not forgotten. Instead...

http://jstrain.smugmug.com/Other/Temporary/i-43cWpHQ/0/L/thruxton-L.jpg

Shaol1n Monk
November 2nd, 2011, 05:43 AM
oh no on the aprillia news! :(
i loved that bike. how much did u get for her? if u dont mind me asking.
the triumph is nice btw.

jstrain
November 2nd, 2011, 05:48 AM
I sold it to a friend of mine for $5,500. I probably could have gotten a bit more for it, but he gave me a great price a couple years ago on an older Aprilia that bought from him.

Looking through the Aprilia forum classifieds, people with similar bikes weren't getting much more than that, or if they were asking more, they were having a hard time getting it sold. I'm pretty impatient, so I figured a bit less money was worth it not to deal with the headache of tirekickers, folks who don't show up to see the bike, etc.

jstrain
November 14th, 2011, 06:24 AM
So did you guys ride this weekend? I only got in a short ride to my sister's house and back on Saturday to help them with some drywall work. Sunday was all tied up with church and taking my daughter to a birthday party.

Anyone going to the Abbaye tomorrow night? Looks like it might rain :(

"A"
November 14th, 2011, 10:36 AM
Couple of weeks ago, I rode out to see the Pumpkin Chunkin (http://www.punkinchunkin.com/) contest in Delaware. I like the catapult lunchers instead of the trebuchet..

http://jschumacher.typepad.com/photos/uncategorized/chunk_2005_13.jpg

http://assets.portfolio.com/images/site/editorial/News/2008/08/20-punkin-chunkin-launch-vertlarge372.jpg

I plan to ride this afternoon before the rain in the evening..

Alex
November 14th, 2011, 10:37 AM
Couple of weeks ago, I rode out to see the Pumpkin Chunkin (http://www.punkinchunkin.com/) contest in Delaware. I like the catapult lunchers instead of the trebuchet..

Looks like fun! :thumbup:

stinknugget
November 14th, 2011, 02:17 PM
1030am Saturday we have a pretty big ride scheduled out to lancaster area. Eddie posted on Craigslist and a few people are in. Hit me or Eddie up if anyones interested.

jstrain
November 15th, 2011, 06:04 AM
Man, I wish I could make that! Have had plans for awhile to see a show in Philly on Saturday afternoon with some friends.

I thought about going down to the Pumpkin fest. I have a friend from NY who was part of the crew that was filming it for some documentary. Would have been cool to ride down and see him along with the festival, but I just couldn't free up enough time.

Zx94life
November 16th, 2011, 04:03 PM
No one wants to ride out to lititz P.a.? And u call yourself "NINJAS" :(

Shaol1n Monk
November 16th, 2011, 06:11 PM
i def wanna ride out, problem is i have a scene to shoot w one of my stunt girls at 8am sat morning and idk what time we will be wrapped.
u bringing the wife? cuz my stunt girl may wanna ride out too, if we are done in time... which is a very slim possibility

"A"
November 16th, 2011, 06:25 PM
I've got an exam on SAT morning, won't be done 'til noon-ish, after that I'll head out for a ride.

Zx94life
November 17th, 2011, 12:47 PM
Yea wifey's coming :( haha. I mean the latest we will wait will be till 11am....
so shoot that scene in one take "HOLLYWOOD" lol.

Zx94life
November 17th, 2011, 01:40 PM
Pics THE ONE & ONLY STINKNUGGET!!!

Zx94life
November 17th, 2011, 01:49 PM
more

jstrain
November 18th, 2011, 06:10 AM
:laugh: @ Tim's picture

Tomorrow should be a good day for riding. Hope you guys have fun!

Shaol1n Monk
November 18th, 2011, 09:03 AM
man its not even my scene, im going w one of my stunt girls who is doing the scene. im also dating her so she sleeping at my place since the shoot is so early and closer to me. i'll call u guys when we get done and see where ur at... i doubt we'll be done in time :(

Zx94life
November 18th, 2011, 07:28 PM
Change of plans for the lititz pa ride. Due to my friend that lives out there, will not be home tomorrow we have no destination. So we are now doing TIMS favorite the "RIVER RUN".....Who ever wants to join in were meeting up at the wawa on frankford ave right above levick st. 6506 frankford ave 19101
KICK STANDS UP 11AM

"A"
November 18th, 2011, 11:09 PM
In case you guys downtown is look for a destination to ride on Sunday afer Thanksgiving:

Sunday, November 27, 2011
The Turkey Pro National
26th Annual Turkey Pro National
Robert "Snuffy" Smith Memorial
Oley Fairgrounds
Oley, Pennsylvania 19547
*** Please note new location this year ***
Gates Open: 10:00 AM
Slow Race Starts: 1:00 PM

As you can see, good amount and variety of motos show up.
Past year photos:

http://i358.photobucket.com/albums/oo29/theophoto2009/Turkey%20PRO%20Nationals%202009/IMG_0722.jpg

http://i358.photobucket.com/albums/oo29/theophoto2009/Turkey%20PRO%20Nationals%202009/IMG_0735.jpg

http://i358.photobucket.com/albums/oo29/theophoto2009/Turkey%20PRO%20Nationals%202009/IMG_0737.jpg

http://i358.photobucket.com/albums/oo29/theophoto2009/Turkey%20PRO%20Nationals%202009/IMG_0734.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v237/cat0020/Turkey%20PRO%202006/SUC50065.jpg

Zx94life
November 19th, 2011, 03:16 PM
What the hell i did a moe and went down on my bike:(
fairing scraped up, shifter bent, peg bent, clip on bent
shin scraped ouch, what a way to end the river run:mad:
now i have a project over the winter. Its all tims fault LOL

stinknugget
November 20th, 2011, 01:42 PM
He moed'it like the lawn.

jstrain
November 21st, 2011, 06:21 AM
He moed'it like the lawn.

LOL. Sucks to hear that Eddie. At least decent riding weather is just about gone, so you've got plenty of time to get the bike back in shape.

Did you guys ride yesterday? Jae txted me, but I didn't have a chance to get back to him. Was busy yesterday, but managed a short ride on some back roads out on the way to Lancaster.

Anyone want to ride Friday or Saturday? Off Friday and I don't think I've got anything to do either day. Weather looks a bit chilly, but dry and not freezing.

zx6r
November 23rd, 2011, 03:35 PM
damn eddie that blows! adleast your alright!

Shaol1n Monk
November 23rd, 2011, 06:05 PM
yea eddie, that does suck brother. again at least ur okay...
so when u "MO-ed" it were u going like 5 mph too?
i def wanna ride this weekend and also tim i wanna do my taillights and fender elim, plus mo got his flushmounts for his bike. figure we can do all at once if ur down.

jstrain
December 5th, 2011, 06:19 AM
Tim, did you guys ride yesterday? I had to get the initial break-in oil change done on the Thruxton. Didn't want to wait a few thousand miles like some people :laugh:

Shaol1n Monk
December 5th, 2011, 12:28 PM
Tim, did you guys ride yesterday? I had to get the initial break-in oil change done on the Thruxton. Didn't want to wait a few thousand miles like some people :laugh:

gee who could u be referring too??? :rolleyes:

lol yea we rode for like 7 hours. great day. there was a good group out too. me and my girl kealani, tim and his girl brent, mohammed, eddie, and nick made it out too! we have some pics coming:thumbup:

Blackwidow
December 5th, 2011, 02:59 PM
I was in Philly from Wednesday thru Sunday, I don't know how you guys manage to ride in the freezing cold.

Shaol1n Monk
December 5th, 2011, 03:43 PM
I was in Philly from Wednesday thru Sunday, I don't know how you guys manage to ride in the freezing cold.

lol we are used to the cold so the weather was nice for us...
bein from cali ur spoiled w that warm weather all year round :D

of course we dress in layers
here's me and my girl and a pic of the groups bikes

jstrain
December 6th, 2011, 06:52 AM

I have a little help from Gerbings :D

jstrain
December 6th, 2011, 06:53 AM
Looking good Jae! It's been too long since I've ridden with you guys. Once the holidays are over, I'll have time, but of course it'll be freezing :(

jstrain
December 8th, 2011, 12:55 PM
Who is riding on Saturday? Supposed to be around 50. Probably the last relatively warm day for awhile. I ought to be free all day until 5ish.

Shaol1n Monk
December 8th, 2011, 02:21 PM
i should be in

"A"
December 8th, 2011, 02:25 PM
This Sunday is Phildelphia Rider's 2nd Sunday monthly ride.

Starting the ride at Country Deli (http://www.countrydeli.net/index.html) around 10AM. Planned Route (http://rideplanner.harley-davidson.com/rideplanner/share/444968)

Shaol1n Monk
December 8th, 2011, 02:35 PM
i cant do sunday, i have a film shoot at 10am

jstrain
December 9th, 2011, 06:15 AM
D'oh, today is supposed to be the nicer day. I'll probably still ride Saturday though. Just be a bit colder. If you guys want to ride, txt me or post up here. Haven't heard anything from Tim yet.

killamuf
December 15th, 2011, 12:16 PM
Hey guys...I am new on the forum...its great to see so many members from the Philly area. I am located right outside of Philly in Bensalem PA. Takes me like 2 mins to go to philly haha.

BTW my friends and I are going out riding Friday night, Dec 16 2011. kinda late after 9pm. If anyone is interested just join us, let me know.

jstrain
December 15th, 2011, 12:18 PM
What's the deal with all you people riding after my bedtime? :laugh:

killamuf
December 15th, 2011, 12:26 PM
lol....well they work, so we usually go after they are done working..! but I am sure we can arrange a day trip as well... Maybe Monday?

Shaol1n Monk
December 15th, 2011, 12:50 PM
i am down for friday night ride... jeremy stop bein so old dammit!!!! LOL
hey killamuf PM me ur number. im sure a few guys will be up for a ride friday

"A"
December 22nd, 2011, 10:20 AM
Got out this morning for good 2 hours of riding.

Roads are damp, slick, but once tires warmed up they're just fine.

60 some miles of country roads, I saw more horses than cars.

Anyone else getting out in the crazy warm weather we got?

emoyer
December 22nd, 2011, 10:43 AM
i rode the bike to work for the 1st time today. only about 15 miles, but had to take advantage of the warm day, & with Christmas family stuff i dont think i will get another chance until tuesday.

killamuf
December 22nd, 2011, 02:28 PM
Yeah I went out riding today....about 35 miles. Weather was great. Went to have lunch with someone. Came back.! Was beautiful today. :)

I might go out tonight too, if the weather stays in the 40's

Shaol1n Monk
December 22nd, 2011, 02:32 PM
yea i rode a bit today too... if its nice tonite might try to talk the wifey into going for a ride :D

killamuf
December 22nd, 2011, 02:42 PM
Shaol1n Monk - Nice....good luck.! You are welcome to my side if you decide to go.!

"A"
January 2nd, 2012, 08:40 AM
Temp. was in the mid 50's, 128 mi. ridden with local MeetUP Group on Jan 1st.
Mixed surface, some wet pavement, spirited pace, lots of twisties between Limerick and Topton, PA.

http://photos1.meetupstatic.com/photos/event/c/a/a/600_82863242.jpeg

http://photos1.meetupstatic.com/photos/event/c/d/2/600_82863282.jpeg

http://photos4.meetupstatic.com/photos/event/c/b/e/600_82863262.jpeg

Anyone going to 2-wheel-Tuesday this evening?

killamuf
January 4th, 2012, 02:56 AM
Nice pictures. Looks like a lot of fun.

Not the best first day of my new year.! sucked, to be honest.!

"A"
January 5th, 2012, 12:22 PM
If anyone is up for a ride on Saturday:

CSBA Eastern Pennsylvania chapter (http://pacsba.com/) ride event for 2012 is on.

They're nice group for spirited rides.

They will be meeting for LUNCH @ 1pm on January 7th at the Buckeye Tavern in Macungie, Pa.

The Website for the tavern:

The Buckeye Tavern - Macungie landmark restaurant featuring the finest tavern food. (http://www.buckeyetavern.com/)

killamuf
January 5th, 2012, 12:26 PM
Hmm....how is the weather gonna be like? Its been freezing for the past couple of days.!

jstrain
January 5th, 2012, 12:27 PM
Friday and Saturday are supposed to be in te 50s I think

killamuf
January 5th, 2012, 12:33 PM
Yeah you are right, I just checked. Its about 60 miles for me... so I am not to sure about it.

"A"
January 5th, 2012, 01:23 PM
For Sunday, Philadelphia Riders will be out on this route (http://rideplanner.harley-davidson.com/rideplanner/road.jsp?roadId=366372&locale=en_US).

Starting from:

Darlings Diner
1033 North 2nd Street
Philadelphia, PA 19123
267-239-5775

Meet at 8:00 AM for breakfast; Ride departs at 9:30 AM.

"A"
January 6th, 2012, 05:43 PM
Gorgeous day out today, mid 50's by mid afternoon, put little over 140 mi. on the Beemer:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v237/cat0020/01%202012/06Jan2012.jpg

Tomorrow looks even better, have a great ride if any of you get out.

jstrain
January 6th, 2012, 05:46 PM
It was nice today. Got in a bit of riding to work jobs today. Hoping to get out tomorrow. Would love to hit up the csba ride but doubt I'll have enough time for a ride that long.

jstrain
January 6th, 2012, 05:47 PM
Where is that shot at a?

"A"
January 6th, 2012, 05:52 PM
Valley Forge, the inner loop, around 3:30 this afternoon, sun & clouds were just at the right postion.

jstrain
January 6th, 2012, 05:54 PM
Nice. It's a great picture.

"A"
January 6th, 2012, 06:10 PM
No Photoshop, just natural lights.

Took one for my friend riding with me, too:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v237/cat0020/01%202012/06Jan20121.jpg

more around Valley Forge:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v237/cat0020/01%202012/06Jan20122.jpg

killamuf
January 7th, 2012, 02:12 PM
Those are some amazing pictures... love the natural lighting.

Today was such a beautiful day. I am so pissed I did not go out riding..!

jstrain
January 8th, 2012, 06:31 AM
You missed out Killa! It was gorgeous. Rode out to Gilbertsville with Tim (stink nugget) and Eddie (zx94life).

Tim, did Gil get home ok? Once we got on the road after he re-filled, it occurred to me that the gallon he put in the tank probably wouldn't be enough to get him all the way home on.

DailyRidden250R
January 8th, 2012, 06:49 AM
Hi. I am new with my Ninja and in Philly. Love to ride with y'all one day.

jstrain
January 8th, 2012, 06:50 AM
Where are you at Michael? I'm actually south of the city, in Media.

DailyRidden250R
January 8th, 2012, 07:01 AM
I live in Center City. Not from around here though. From NC. :D

jstrain
January 8th, 2012, 09:21 AM
Sweet. Not sure how much group stuff will go down over winter, but we have a good little group. Pm me or stinknugget if you want to get in on last minute rides that don't make it into the thread.

Nothing to do with this board, but every Tuesday night at 7, there is a cool meetup for riders at the Abbeye bar. 2nd street and something. Girard or fairmount maybe. Fewer folks in winter, but it meets year round. I signed up for guitar lessons right at that time each week, but once it's nice out, I'm hoping to start heading in again after I'm done.

jstrain
January 8th, 2012, 09:25 AM
Oops. Meant pm your number. We wind up planning last minute stuff with txts.

emoyer
January 8th, 2012, 03:38 PM
yep it was nice. i did 100 miles. into jersey at upper black eddy & back into pa at stockton. saw lots of bikes. is it just me or do harley riders not wave at sportbikes much?? maybe its the bull scrotum i have glued to the top of my helmet.

killamuf
January 9th, 2012, 04:53 PM
You missed out Killa! It was gorgeous. Rode out to Gilbertsville with Tim (stink nugget) and Eddie (zx94life).

Tim, did Gil get home ok? Once we got on the road after he re-filled, it occurred to me that the gallon he put in the tank probably wouldn't be enough to get him all the way home on.

Sucks man...I had work all day. Grrr...! Well I am glad you guys had a great time.

emoyer
I'd say about 95% of the harley riders I wave to always wave back. I guess you found one that had a bad day maybe? lol

"A"
February 6th, 2012, 08:14 PM
Nice day out today, I rode my Blackbird downtown for an appointment, even got home before the rush hour... Anyone else been riding?

emoyer
February 7th, 2012, 07:42 AM
i have been getting out 2 or 3 times a week, but the cold is getting old. went out sunday afternoon & saw maybe 4 or 5 other bikes. rode a little more yesterday after work. getting better at tight figure 8s & hard stops. hoping to finish my first 1000 miles on saturday. spring is coming...

etiainen
February 7th, 2012, 09:09 AM
Everyday pretty much once I got my new bike and some heated gloves:)

Don't care if spring comes or not with this weather. No snow is amazing.

jstrain
February 10th, 2012, 06:54 AM
Heated stuff is amazing! I'm a big wimp, so I never really got out in the winter before. Finally broke down and bought some last winter and I'm loving it. Probably riding over to NJ this morning for work.

etiainen
February 10th, 2012, 08:09 AM
Haha nice. Well I'm a cold weather fanatic. Though I did go a bit overboard on a ride from Northern Maryland back to Philly. Three layers of gloves and I had to stop at Wawa 1.5 hours in because I couldn't feel anymore. At that point I gave in, and went for the gloves. I have a wool balaclava and I just wear some thermals inside, and that seems to do well for our 'warmer' weather. Warm in comparison to up North...lol

jstrain
February 16th, 2012, 06:15 AM
Anybody in Manayunk yesterday afternoon on a blue 250? I was riding home from the Triumph dealer and saw one parked outside the cycle shop (not Cadence) when I rolled by.

"A"
February 21st, 2012, 10:10 AM
A few days in the mid 50's this week, anyone riding?

Two-Wheel-Tuesdays (http://www.philadelphiariders.com/events.html) is tonight at the Abbaye (https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Abbaye/51059792141)

jstrain
February 21st, 2012, 10:22 AM
I'm 3/4ths of the way to Florida on the KLR :D

I'm gettin plenty of riding in this week!

stinknugget
February 21st, 2012, 12:50 PM
Tomorrow 58 Thurs 62

Lets roll.

Zx94life
February 21st, 2012, 04:01 PM
Tim iam in what time we rolling baby:D

jstrain
February 21st, 2012, 04:17 PM
Make sure everyone has a full tank of gas this time :D

stinknugget
February 22nd, 2012, 11:30 AM
(singing) allllll by mysellllllllffff

jstrain
February 28th, 2012, 12:00 PM
So I'm finally back. Did about 850 miles down to Jacksonville, trailered over to Tallahassee, did about 450 miles of dirt, then 1015 miles straight home on Sunday.

"A"
February 28th, 2012, 12:38 PM
So I'm finally back. Did about 850 miles down to Jacksonville, trailered over to Tallahassee, did about 450 miles of dirt, then 1015 miles straight home on Sunday.

what? no pics?

jstrain
February 28th, 2012, 12:43 PM
Haha, I haven't had time to pull them off the camera yet!

Here are a few vids. I'm on the gray KLR with yellow lettering and the gray jacket / black pants...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=js5PnXvQDIk&feature=player_embedded#!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JKchAKeBZ5M&feature=player_embedded#!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m4sHeGDjUis&feature=player_embedded

stinknugget
March 17th, 2012, 10:15 AM
I wasn't Irish yesterday. I'm not Irish today. I won't be Irish tomorrow.
I don't know who St.Patrick was or why he dressed like the lucky charms dude. What I do know is that Philly is going to be chock full of hot drunk chicks well into the early morning. Ride for the Irish. ;)

Oh btw my names Eddie and I love dudes.

jstrain
March 17th, 2012, 10:20 AM
Oh btw my names Eddie and I love dudes.

:laugh:

killamuf
April 8th, 2012, 10:56 PM
Last Thursday went on a group ride, I was the only person with a Ninjette. :thumbup: But it was such an amazing day.

Did 100 miles in the New Hope area. :D

5 bikes. Enjoy.

17942 17943 17944 17945 17946

"A"
April 17th, 2012, 10:26 AM
This past Sunday was the annual Vintage Noton Meet in Washington's Crossing.. anyone else went?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v237/cat0020/04%202012/IMG_5221.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v237/cat0020/04%202012/IMG_5222.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v237/cat0020/04%202012/IMG_5212.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v237/cat0020/04%202012/IMG_5214.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v237/cat0020/04%202012/IMG_5189.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v237/cat0020/04%202012/IMG_5181.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v237/cat0020/04%202012/IMG_5176.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v237/cat0020/04%202012/IMG_5172.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v237/cat0020/04%202012/IMG_5166.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v237/cat0020/04%202012/IMG_5145.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v237/cat0020/04%202012/IMG_5142.jpg

etiainen
April 26th, 2012, 04:13 PM
http://goodtimesstreetdemodays.kawasaki.com/event/?id=28

Anyone going this weekend?

I'm going to try to show up Sunday morning.

jstrain
April 27th, 2012, 06:40 AM
What time? I just did the online signup. Not for sure, but I may try to hit out there at 8 and see if I can get on something early.

etiainen
April 27th, 2012, 08:23 AM
Probably sometime before 8. I want to get there early and actually get the bikes I want to ride.:)

jstrain
April 27th, 2012, 08:27 AM
Cool. If I make it, I'll be there on the red Triumph Thruxton.

etiainen
April 27th, 2012, 08:38 AM
Cool. I have a red CBR250(profile does make it obvious:P).

Maybe be there with rlocus. He's got a '05 Silver 250. See you there if you come.

jstrain
May 1st, 2012, 05:40 AM
Did you make it out? I wound up with too much to get done before church and couldn't make it.

robmilchling
May 1st, 2012, 08:04 AM
I attended the demo day as well. I came up from Baltimore since the Bowie, MD sunday was rained out. I did not ride up though, I drove. If the distance wasn't so great I would've ridden up (my excuse for not riding in sub 40* temps....)

etiainen, I saw your CBR in the parking lot when I got there.

I tested the Ninja 650 at 10:30 and the ZX-6R at 11:15 and had a great time. I was in an alpinestars jacket, leather pants, and a bell flying tiger helmet, if you're curious.

etiainen
May 1st, 2012, 08:09 AM
Yeah I made it out. I actually got there first.:)

I rode the 2012 ZX-6R and Ninja 650. Enjoyed them both, though the 650 felt weird with the handlebars so high.

On the second run the cops started showing up and cutting into the group to slow people down. Lol
People were also looking at my bike a lot, and checking out the new 250.:p Also, the 2012 Ninja 250 wasn't even there this year....:( I don't get why they don't bring their top selling bike to the rides.

robmilchling
May 1st, 2012, 08:30 AM
Yeah I made it out. I actually got there first.:)

I rode the 2012 ZX-6R and Ninja 650. Enjoyed them both, though the 650 felt weird with the handlebars so high.

On the second run the cops started showing up and cutting into the group to slow people down. Lol
People were also looking at my bike a lot, and checking out the new 250.:p Also, the 2012 Ninja 250 wasn't even there this year....:( I don't get why they don't bring their top selling bike to the rides.

Really? when was your second run? I didn't see a single cop on either run.

I actually felt perfectly at home on the 650. I loved every bit of that ride. The ZX-6R however, I felt so out of place on. It was a very fun ride, but getting used to the position on that one was odd to me. Is tarted to get used to it but that ride confirmed for me that super sports are not for me, at least to ride daily.

etiainen
May 1st, 2012, 08:34 AM
It was the 9:45 ride.

I'm not that tall so even though I can flat foot it the handlebars seem a bit to high for me. I did really like th MPG computer and other farkles. The plastic on the tank made my tankbag not stick on well.

I had to really grip that ZX-6R tank. It was extremely boring to ride below 50MPH. It has no character then. I also have confirmed supersports aren't for me when it comes to daily riding.

jstrain
May 1st, 2012, 08:35 AM
How did they run the demo rides? Did you have to follow a lead rider, or did they just let you loose for a certain amount of time?

etiainen
May 1st, 2012, 08:37 AM
I was there last year as well.

There are a few escort riders, and one in the back. If they get cut-off they will ride to the front and lead the group. The speeds are quite dependent on those in front of you. If you have a super slow person on a ZX-10R in front of you that is afraid to take turns, then you get to sit there and wait for them to take their turns slowly.:p

robmilchling
May 1st, 2012, 08:56 AM
It was the 9:45 ride.

I'm not that tall so even though I can flat foot it the handlebars seem a bit to high for me. I did really like th MPG computer and other farkles. The plastic on the tank made my tankbag not stick on well.

I had to really grip that ZX-6R tank. It was extremely boring to ride below 50MPH. It has no character then. I also have confirmed supersports aren't for me when it comes to daily riding.

The bars seemed just right for me on the 650, I'm 6' tall. While the ZX-6R made me feel like my head was way out over the front wheel hahah. I agree about the 6R, it only felt right above 50mph, below that, it felt oddly cumbersome.

How did they run the demo rides? Did you have to follow a lead rider, or did they just let you loose for a certain amount of time?

They had two groups, cruiser and sport groups with three leaders each, one in the front, middle and back. They led the group around for about 25 minutes or so on a predetermined course. They did mostly back roads and a bit of highway.

DailyRidden250R
May 5th, 2012, 04:08 PM
Hey guys, where should I get my Ninja inspected? I just chopped the fender. I need it inspected so I can take the road test. Where did you guys take your road test? I am registered for a MSP but as an alternate and it seems as though my schedule does not allow me to take the course in the near future.

jstrain
May 6th, 2012, 03:33 AM
Any DMV location can probably test ugly, although I'd check with them over the phone first.

If your bike is sound and should be able to pass inspection with no issues, I would think anywhere you go should be the same cost (I'm guessing it's a standard fee as long as nothing needs fixing). A dealer somewhere might be most convenient.

The only one I know of around Philly is Manayunk Triumph.

killamuf
May 15th, 2012, 06:40 PM
The only thread I dont see without a new post, is this. C'mon philly riders, where are you guys? Lets get a meet going this weekend or something..! (if the weather permits).

Stingray1000
May 15th, 2012, 06:51 PM
The only thread I dont see without a new post, is this. C'mon philly riders, where are you guys? Lets get a meet going this weekend or something..! (if the weather permits).

I'm down for this coming monday the 21st... what's going on?

Shaol1n Monk
May 15th, 2012, 06:57 PM

hey philly ninjas Im back but still on the mend. dont know if i can make it out this weekend or not. check out this thread on my return from an accident and details of my current status:
http://www.ninjette.org/forums/showthread.php?t=103844

jstrain
May 16th, 2012, 05:27 AM
Monday the 21st? After 5 I could probably do something.

Might be free on Saturday or Sunday afternoon, although I don't know for sure yet.

Killamuf is right, we need to get this group going again.

Stingray1000
May 16th, 2012, 07:12 AM
hey philly ninjas Im back but still on the mend. dont know if i can make it out this weekend or not. check out this thread on my return from an accident and details of my current status:
http://www.ninjette.org/forums/showthread.php?t=103844

Saw it and waitin for ya bro. No rush, heal up good.

Stingray1000
May 16th, 2012, 07:13 AM
Monday the 21st? After 5 I could probably do something.

Might be free on Saturday or Sunday afternoon, although I don't know for sure yet.

Killamuf is right, we need to get this group going again.

You ever come doen to de on yer bike?

jstrain
May 16th, 2012, 09:52 AM
Not often, but Newark really isn't that far for me to get to. Whenever I go back to visit campus, I take the back way in, via route 896. Much nicer ride than 95 :)

You ever make it up to Philly? We had a good little group that got together, but it's been awhile since we've really done anything.

Shaol1n Monk
May 16th, 2012, 10:03 AM
Not often, but Newark really isn't that far for me to get to. Whenever I go back to visit campus, I take the back way in, via route 896. Much nicer ride than 95 :)

You ever make it up to Philly? We had a good little group that got together, but it's been awhile since we've really done anything.

YES! we need to organize soon! i am getting the new bike inspected and doing oil change this week and i am good for a couple hours riding (w breaks) before my achlles gets sore. we need to get the band back together!!!!

Stingray1000
May 16th, 2012, 10:03 AM

I don't really get to philly too often, too hectic on 95 but something could be worked out. I live right off 896!

jstrain
May 16th, 2012, 10:49 AM
Maybe one friday night or Saturday coming up, we can work something out.

Gotta get Tim and Eddie off their asses :D Met Tim at te Abbeye once or twice over the winter, but that's it.

Jon,that would be cool. Post up if you're gonna be riding (even just a weekday evening or something). We can either organize something bigger, or I'll head down myself. Love those roads back by you.

Stingray1000
May 16th, 2012, 11:31 AM
Jon,that would be cool. Post up if you're gonna be riding (even just a weekday evening or something). We can either organize something bigger, or I'll head down myself. Love those roads back by you.

I'll let you know. I work for Comcast so till june 10th I work Tuesday thru Sat till 10pm after june 10th I work mon thru fri till 9pm! Weekends off BABY yea!

Hunsy34
June 24th, 2012, 05:30 PM
I live in the allentown area north of philly anyone looking to ride at some point that is close by?

stinknugget
July 18th, 2012, 11:30 AM
Holy crap.

What happend to the Philly riders thread? We used to be on the top of page one consistenly. Now were in the middle of page two?

I guess it's because i haven't been posting much. :der:

Let's get a good group ride going. Weathers going to stop acting like the Sahara soon so we should plan something out.

I was out in Lancaster over the weekend and there were some wicked ass twisties id love to hit. Any takers? If you have one of our numbers hit us up.

Jeremy....Stop treating bikes like underwear. Im jealous. A little birdy (with a shark bite on his leg) informed me that you just got another one. Can't wait to check it out.

jstrain
July 18th, 2012, 11:32 AM
You went on vacation and haven't showed up for the last few get-togethers. That's what happened. You happy now? lol

Yeah, I got an '07 Speed Triple, but I don't think it'll be around long. Fiance and I are looking to save up for a house, so it'll probably be up for sale in the next few weeks.

Hopefully the heat goes away soon. I'll be gone most of August, but maybe we can work something out in the next couple weeks for a Thursday night or something.

jstrain
July 18th, 2012, 11:33 AM
I'd be up for a Lancaster run. Saturdays might be tough for me, but I'll do what I can.

stinknugget
July 18th, 2012, 11:41 AM
You went on vacation and haven't showed up for the last few get-togethers. That's what happened. You happy now? lol

Yeah, I got an '07 Speed Triple, but I don't think it'll be around long. Fiance and I are looking to save up for a house, so it'll probably be up for sale in the next few weeks.

Hopefully the heat goes away soon. I'll be gone most of August, but maybe we can work something out in the next couple weeks for a Thursday night or something.

98% of me was sold on moving to Bermuda permanently. The other two percent that brought me back?

My son and my bike. (Not necessarily in that order lol)

Yea my Saturdays are hit or miss anymore. Have to rally some of the troops and get a better timeframe.

jstrain
July 18th, 2012, 12:03 PM
I'm sure we can get a weeknight. Jae is back in the saddle and riding everywhere. Haven't seen Eddie since the trip to that weird market he wanted to go to :lol:

Shaol1n Monk
July 18th, 2012, 01:11 PM
well this weekend is bad for me as i have a stunt gig playing a lobster man in a power rangers-esque movie and im onset thursday to monday...
i may be trading my cbr for an 06 r6 anniversary edition soon too. a dealership wants to swap w me... cbr's apparently sell bettr...

im always down to ride, just say when and if im not working im in!:thumbup:

7257MELROSE
July 23rd, 2012, 08:44 PM
Any of yall good at tuning 250r's? Just hooked up full yoshamura exhaust, factory pro jet kit, and took out the air box and kleen air system. Put in the 115 main jet, 38 pilot, 2.5 turned out with 2 washers under with the e-clip in the third position. But still needs to be fine tuned and need help doing it.

Shaol1n Monk
August 1st, 2012, 11:30 AM
NEW BIKE ALERT!

sold the cbr600rr and bought this beauty :D

rcouch358
August 3rd, 2012, 06:15 AM
Sup guys, im a new 2011 Ninjette owner. I live in Cherry Hill, like 15 mins from Philly. I ride pretty much every day and all weekend so if anyone is ever around or is setting up a meet let me know!!

jstrain
August 3rd, 2012, 07:32 AM
Jae, I musta missed the update email from this thread. The bike looks sweet!

Ryan, we've got a good group of guys. Need to get together again. I'm headed out on that ride to Canada on the 11th, but maybe we can squeeze something in next week before I leave.

rcouch358
August 3rd, 2012, 07:45 AM
Good to hear. Dang all the way to Canada? Quite the hike lol

Shaol1n Monk
August 3rd, 2012, 08:44 AM
hey guys i know next thursday is the last bike nite of the summer for cycle gear. i have a fight rehearsal that day but should be able to get out to CG that night.

welcome ryan :thumbup:

and i am down to ride whenever. doing an oil change today and putting on some parts that the bike needed. ready to go after

rcouch358
August 3rd, 2012, 09:02 AM
Thanks man. That R6 is hot... probably will be getting one for next season but in blue :D What would you say the major differences between the 600RR and the R6 are? Im a big fan of CBRs GSXRs and R6s... but not 100% which i'd like most. As of now its an R6.

I know literally nothing about bike meets, up to now im only in the car scene (i have a modded g35 coupe), but I would really like to get involved.
Whats the deal with the Cycle Gear meet? Wheres it located?

jdv5074
August 3rd, 2012, 09:02 AM
I live in the allentown area north of philly anyone looking to ride at some point that is close by?

I live in Bethlehem which is pretty close to Allentown. I'd be down for a group ride whenever

Shaol1n Monk
August 3rd, 2012, 09:12 AM
Cycle Gear is in Springfield PA if you want to google map it. Every month they have a bike nite from 6-9pm and they have free food, giveaways, a dj and a raffle. Thats where I met quite a few of the guys we ride with now. There was 4 of us at the first bike nite last year, nowadays they get 30-40 people out there. they also have some really good deals on gear.

anyone interested in meeting up should def try to make it out next thursday. :thumbup:

rcouch358
August 3rd, 2012, 09:16 AM
Not bad, 40 mins from me. Ill most likely try to make it out. I only have my permit at the moment so i'll be going on I-95 illegally but oh well :P
Already went down the shore with the bike last weekend so no biggie

Shaol1n Monk
August 3rd, 2012, 09:24 AM
Thanks man. That R6 is hot... probably will be getting one for next season but in blue :D What would you say the major differences between the 600RR and the R6 are? Im a big fan of CBRs GSXRs and R6s... but not 100% which i'd like most. As of now its an R6.

I started w a 2010 ninja 250, great fun bike to learn and get comfortable on. Wanted the R6 or a ZX6R after that... bought a cbr600rr cuz it was riding season and i had no bike and got a good deal on it. for me the cbr is a great street bike, but i am def more into the race bike feel. the riding position is a little more upright on the cbr, the clip on bars have risers on them raising the bars above the triple, which i dont like. the stock rearsets are a bit more forward and lower too. i like to corner out of the seat and i was never really confortable doing it on the cbr, it seemed to take more work to get into a good cornering position. the r6 it just feels natural to me when i slide off the seat my knee locks into the tank and i can really hang off effortlessly.

the second big thing is the powerband. the cbr has good power that is even from cracking open the throttle all the way thru to redline... it def has an advantage at the start this way. the r6 starts a bit slow off the line, but when you hit 6500rpms the powerband kicks in and the bike just PULLS like a beast. the redline on the r6 is higher than the cbr also. on the track you only start once so the slow start doesnt really hurt the r6 too much esp when you can compensate as soon as you hit 2nd gear.

to me the r6 is a track/race bike that they threw some lights and signal on and called it street... the cbr is a good handling sporty street bike.

i havent ridden a zx6r yet, if i bought one it would have to be an 09 up after they revamped the model making it lighter, faster, and more competitive. they shortened the wheelbase on the 09 too giving it better cornering ability... plus the 09 ups come with alot of performance parts stock.

hope that helps... and this is just my opinion.
i have never ridden a gsxr as there is a stigma attached to them that its a squid bike... any noob who doesnt know squat but wants to look cool buys a "gixxer" and proceeds to ride it in his shorts, flip flops, tank top and no helmet... and usually drops it on for the first time on his way out of the dealership LOL

rcouch358
August 3rd, 2012, 09:50 AM
Thanks for the info, very helpful. One of the things I like in a bike is how far it makes you lean, I absolutely hate sitting straight up, like on my Ninja most of the time lol. Im a tall guy (6'1) but also very light at like 160lbs. I sat on a friend of mine's R1 at work and was amazed at how small they were. I really like the way they feel. I guess that I too am into the race bike feel, but I wasnt really aware that the CBR and R6 were such different styles. And id definitely prefer a stronger powerband in the higher RPMs than steady power throughout.

I still need to sit on a GSXR though. I agree too many noobs buy them and crash like idiots, but that happens with all bikes :P They are so sexy though...

jstrain
August 3rd, 2012, 06:20 PM
Good to hear. Dang all the way to Canada? Quite the hike lol

It will be :D 4 or 5k miles at least over 3 weeks. Across northeast Canada, into Newfoundland, then nova scotia. I'll post up pics when I get back. Google the Trans Labrador highway to see where I'll be.

I can probably make Thursday night at cycle gear. Anybody else gonna make it?

Tim, get out of your basement and meet up!

rcouch358
August 3rd, 2012, 06:36 PM
Damn. Thats pretty bold man, im sure itt'l be amazing though. Which bike are you taking?

etiainen
August 3rd, 2012, 08:34 PM
Sup guys, im a new 2011 Ninjette owner. I live in Cherry Hill, like 15 mins from Philly. I ride pretty much every day and all weekend so if anyone is ever around or is setting up a meet let me know!!

I'm around you, if you ever need help with maintenance or anything like that hit me up. Sucks that Cycle World is closed now.

etiainen
August 3rd, 2012, 08:35 PM
It will be :D 4 or 5k miles at least over 3 weeks. Across northeast Canada, into Newfoundland, then nova scotia. I'll post up pics when I get back. Google the Trans Labrador highway to see where I'll be.

I can probably make Thursday night at cycle gear. Anybody else gonna make it?

Tim, get out of your basement and meet up!

Nice!

I took my CBR cross-country this past July. Did 6239 miles in 13 days and did the way back from Sacramento to Philly in 4 days, with an Iron Butt tossed in there.

Was quite the trip, and my friend rode passenger to LA then Sacramento.

http://phillycbr250r.files.wordpress.com/2012/07/screen-shot-2012-07-17-at-00-54-32.png

jstrain
August 4th, 2012, 03:49 AM
Damn. Thats pretty bold man, im sure itt'l be amazing though. Which bike are you taking?

Lol, I don't actually have any of the bikes listed in my profile anymore. They're all sold and I keep forgetting to update it.

I'll be riding an 07 KLR. There's a pretty large stretch (250 miles) of unpaved road, plus whatever else we decide to explore off the beaten path. The other person going with me is on a Suzuki DRZ 400.

jstrain
August 4th, 2012, 03:53 AM
Nice!

I took my CBR cross-country this past July. Did 6239 miles in 13 days and did the way back from Sacramento to Philly in 4 days, with an Iron Butt tossed in there.

That's some serious mileage. Don't think I'll get that high, although I may clock in higher than my estimate above once. That is just the main route we're following. I'm sure there will be some detours and other side routes thrown in.

I didn't get certified or anything, but I did 1k straight home from Florida in February on the KLR. All highway, which sucked!!!

jstrain
August 4th, 2012, 03:56 AM
So who is in for Thursday night at cycle gear? Sounds like Jae was gonna make it. It's more of a meet up and hang out thing, but we usually do a short ride afterwards.

Like Jae mentioned, cycle gear is on Baltimore Pike in Springfield. Just a fee miles off 95 and the Blue Route (I-476).

rcouch358
August 4th, 2012, 10:03 AM
I'm around you, if you ever need help with maintenance or anything like that hit me up. Sucks that Cycle World is closed now.

Yeah it does suck. Thanks man, appreciate it. Think im going to try shimming my needles today but hopefully I should be fine :P

Hunsy34
August 23rd, 2012, 04:11 PM
Anyone able to ride that's in the allentown/quakertown area tomorrow?

jstrain
September 5th, 2012, 01:35 PM
Back from Canada. Who's riding? Who wants to buy a KLR 650?

Hunsy34
September 5th, 2012, 02:05 PM
Any one up to ride friday anytime?

Shaol1n Monk
September 5th, 2012, 02:27 PM
Back from Canada. Who's riding? Who wants to buy a KLR 650?

a dual sport??? wth? lol

what else are u riding this week???

i may be up to ride tonite

jstrain
September 5th, 2012, 06:05 PM
Can't tonight, but maybe Thursday night or maybe Saturday during the day?

Shaol1n Monk
September 5th, 2012, 09:53 PM
Can't tonight, but maybe Thursday night or maybe Saturday during the day?

tonite we had like 10 guys out! are you on facebook Jeremy? we have a group called DelVal Sportbike Riders that you and anyone else in the tri state area should find and "like" to keep up w group rides.

saturday during the day i am taking my son to his first mini moto race at sandy hook speedway in maryland so i will be there all day, then sunday im hitting njmp for the AMA races w my fiance and my son.

heres pics from the firs run, we went back to art museum and met up w 3 more guys after this airport run

Black Rabbit
September 6th, 2012, 02:55 AM
Holy crap.

What happend to the Philly riders thread? We used to be on the top of page one consistenly. Now were in the middle of page two?

I guess it's because i haven't been posting much. :der:

Let's get a good group ride going. Weathers going to stop acting like the Sahara soon so we should plan something out.

I was out in Lancaster over the weekend and there were some wicked ass twisties id love to hit. Any takers? If you have one of our numbers hit us up.

Jeremy....Stop treating bikes like underwear. Im jealous. A little birdy (with a shark bite on his leg) informed me that you just got another one. Can't wait to check it out.

let me know if you wanna ride lancaster again, thats where i live and I know a bunch of twisties, but i only know Harley guys. I would love to ride witth some fellow 250's. Ill even come down to philly let me know!

Stingray1000
September 6th, 2012, 09:06 PM
Hey guys for anyone Interested I created a FB page for our area's Group rides. I'm going to make 1 or 2 people admin's in each area. I'll be the admin for northern DE, Minikin_Jo is gonna be the admin for northern, MD. koenigcitizen will be the admin for south eastern, MD and southern DE. I was thinking about making rmorse the admin for south western,and central, MD and Miles_Prower the admin for south central (SOUTH SIDE! lol), PA I need one for Philly and 1 for Central/South Jersey and North Jersey (North Jersey was thinking about nycsteve if he ever joins FB lol) If anyone has any idea's or plans let me know!

Join here (http://www.facebook.com/DeMdPaNjMotorcycleRiders)

Black Rabbit
September 6th, 2012, 11:38 PM
wouldnt it be easier to make a facebook group? that way everyone gets notified when new info gets put up. Its also a lot more organized as well.

jstrain
September 7th, 2012, 05:47 AM
tonite we had like 10 guys out! are you on facebook Jeremy? we have a group called DelVal Sportbike Riders that you and anyone else in the tri state area should find and "like" to keep up w group rides.

saturday during the day i am taking my son to his first mini moto race at sandy hook speedway in maryland so i will be there all day, then sunday im hitting njmp for the AMA races w my fiance and my son.

heres pics from the firs run, we went back to art museum and met up w 3 more guys after this airport run

Nah, no facebook for me :D If you're up for something, just txt me.

Looks like it was a good night! Now that summer is over, hoping to have more free time for some rides.

Good luck with the races! Hopefully the weather stays like it is today.

Somchai
September 9th, 2012, 02:31 AM
A tribute to the Philly Riders

OrLdKYRBOEE

Fappy
September 13th, 2012, 08:56 AM
Any of you meeting up any time soon? I'm out of West Chester, PA... just stumbled across this thread xD

Black Rabbit
September 13th, 2012, 09:35 AM
Any of you meeting up any time soon? I'm out of West Chester, PA... just stumbled across this thread xD

what are you doing today bro? Im down to ride, I live in Lancaster we could meet half way somewhere

Fappy
September 13th, 2012, 09:37 AM
^ I work during the day and probably can't do anything tonight, but maybe this weekend? I have a buddy with a zx-6r who would probably join too

Shaol1n Monk
September 13th, 2012, 10:14 AM
tonite is the final bike nite of the season at cycle gear in springfield pa
free food, giveaways, raffle and big discounts on lots of stuff.
always a good time and a great place to meet other riders.
6-9pm... if anyone comes out i'll be there w the yellow and black anniversary R6 w the white wheels. be sure to say hi:thumbup:

Fappy
September 13th, 2012, 10:20 AM
tonite is the final bike nite of the season at cycle gear in springfield pa
free food, giveaways, raffle and big discounts on lots of stuff.
always a good time and a great place to meet other riders.
6-9pm... if anyone comes out i'll be there w the yellow and black anniversary R6 w the white wheels. be sure to say hi:thumbup:

Hmm... sounds like fun. I have something going on tonight, but this is near me, and I could possibly make it over there for the end of it. I'll stop by if I make it!

Black Rabbit come on down hah!

jstrain
September 13th, 2012, 12:49 PM
I wondered how long the bike nights ran, Jae. I'm tied up the next couple days with family visiting, but maybe Saturday afternoon or something?

Anybody want to buy a Speed Triple?

jstrain
September 13th, 2012, 12:50 PM
And Fappy, head out if you can. The Cycle Gear thing is a good time. I'm right in Media, so not far at all from you.

Fappy
September 13th, 2012, 12:55 PM
And Fappy, head out if you can. The Cycle Gear thing is a good time. I'm right in Media, so not far at all from you.

I'm going to try to be there tonight as soon as some time frees up. I'll have a green '08 ninjette.

jstrain
September 13th, 2012, 12:57 PM
Even if you get there at the end, Jae usually rides around a bit afterwards, so there's something to do.

I can't make it tonight, but I'd love to get some more non-commuting riding in before it gets really cold.

Fappy
September 13th, 2012, 01:00 PM
Nice.
Yeah I hear ya; I'm home this weekend but I think it might be the last weekend I have up before it starts to get cold heh. Possibly mid-october.

Fappy
September 13th, 2012, 08:22 PM
Bah; sorry guys. Obviously I wasn't able to make it over there tonight :( Grrrr! Next time lol.

Shaol1n Monk
September 13th, 2012, 08:27 PM
no worries, they actually added one more bike nite for this season... oct 11 will be the next and final bike nite for this season! :thumbup:

Fappy
September 13th, 2012, 08:28 PM
no worries, they actually added one more bike nite for this season... oct 11 will be the next and final bike nite for this season! :thumbup:

Dude... perfect! I will be around. I'll make plans this time.

stinknugget
September 15th, 2012, 12:31 PM
Wow....I feel like im dusting off a classic right now. As Jae mentioned look up DelVal elite on Facebook for the latest ride info...We usually have something going on every night. Mostly just meet up on the art museum steps and do a few laps around Kelly...If we like you we take you to our "Secret spots" lol.

Jeremy stop going through bikes like underwear, at least until i can afford to join you anyway. :)

LT505
April 7th, 2013, 04:43 PM
I was riding a bit in Valley Forge today. So nice out!

"A"
August 24th, 2017, 05:09 AM
Zombie thread revival.. any folks around Philly?

jstrain
August 24th, 2017, 01:31 PM
Lol, zombie thread indeed. Brings back good memories of Jae, Tim, and Eddie.

BeeLDub
August 28th, 2017, 11:35 AM
Allentown, KOP, and Reading are my areas. Close enough.

"A"
September 6th, 2017, 04:25 PM
Action packed in Philly area:

This weekend:
SAT SEP 09: MotoAmerica AMA/FIM North American Road Race Championship in 2017 (http://www.motoamerica.com/new-jersey-motorsports-park) in NJMP.

SAT SEP 09: Lansdale Bike Night (http://www.bluecometmc.com/lbn)

Next weekend:
SAT, SEP 16: Modern Classics Ride-in (http://www.martinmoto.com/default.asp?page=xListEvents&id=305641)

Panda
September 6th, 2017, 08:51 PM
Action packed in Philly area:

This weekend:
SAT SEP 09: MotoAmerica AMA/FIM North American Road Race Championship in 2017 (http://www.motoamerica.com/new-jersey-motorsports-park) in NJMP.

SAT SEP 09: Lansdale Bike Night (http://www.bluecometmc.com/lbn)

Next weekend:
SAT, SEP 16: Modern Classics Ride-in (http://www.martinmoto.com/default.asp?page=xListEvents&id=305641)

Are you down in the Philly area now?

"A"
September 7th, 2017, 04:54 AM
I commute Philly-Brooklyn, back and forth.. on my Ninja 250 & others.

Hunsy34
December 11th, 2017, 03:05 PM
I just started a facebook page for the Bucks County area so we can meet up and do rides. Here is a link if you are located in the area.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/BCSPB/