ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > Blogs

Old

Mean Green 250 flipper Project

Posted March 1st, 2013 at 11:48 AM by cuong-nutz
Updated March 2nd, 2013 at 05:39 PM by cuong-nutz

I bought a 2008 Ninja 250 with 1488 miles on it. Known history given to my by owner:
Originally owned by a lady
Dropped on right side-cracked farings, tweaked fairing stay.
Sat in storage for 2 years.
Next buyer tried to get it running with no luck. Said he had to use starter fluid to get it started and when it did, it ran really rough and died. Also said exhaust would "pop" ocassionally which worried him. He did not have time nor space to work on the bike and so I bought it from him.

I found why bike wouldn't start. Idle mixture screws where not set properly. It had a torn diaphram. idle circuit jets were clogged.

I replaced the torn diaphram with an Ebay aftermarket one. I am probably the first person to document such a thing since most people previously would have bought a used carb and hoped to have two good diaphragms to use.

So I cleaned and primed the carbs. It fired right up but it would bog if I would give...
RIP Alex
Posted in Uncategorized

Old
Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.

Cuong-Nutz's Ninjer 265cc build

Posted January 17th, 2013 at 05:55 PM by cuong-nutz
Updated January 25th, 2013 at 12:17 AM by cuong-nutz

Well after 20k+ miles, my motor has stopped running. It was getting harder and harder to start at the last track day of the 2012 season. I barely managed to get it to start for the last session of the year.

I later find out that I had low compression, roughly 70 psi in each cylinder doing a dry test. Wet test brought compression way back up. So.... rings aren't sealing. Here's the thread: http://www.ninjette.org/forums/showthread.php?t=120502

I have 2 options. Get a "new" motor or rebuild my current one. I opted to rebuild my current one as it seemed to be cheaper and I didn't want to take any chances with a used motor.

There are no oversized rings for the Ninja 250 so that leaves you with having to bore your block and put in bigger pistons. You have 2 options for pistons: JE Pistons and Wiseco. I opted for Wiseco since they were a $100 cheaper. You can go bigger with a 64mm Piston, but that will require you to resleeve your block....
RIP Alex
Posted in Uncategorized

Motorcycle Safety Foundation