ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > Blogs

Old

racing

Posted April 26th, 2013 at 04:47 PM by alex.s

what can i say about racing that everybody doesn't already know? well i'll tell you this right now. what you think you know about racing is in fact complete bullshit.

racing is very stressful. it is extremely dangerous. extremely challenging. racing tricks your mind into forcing you to push yourself in ways you never thought you would. ways you've told yourself many times you wouldn't. racing can legitimately scare someone like me who finds pleasure in danger and risk. and yet- still, there is something magical about it. all of that fear, anticipation and stress build up to a very long 15 minutes of pure ecstatic adrenaline. when you see those numbers start counting down... your engine revving just under redline... your heart --also just under redline-- is about to explode waiting for just the right moment when that flag drops... nothing else matters at that point. a war could be going on around you and you wouldn't see or hear it. you are focused on the shoulder of...
wat
Posted in Uncategorized

Old

And now for something completely different!

Posted April 21st, 2013 at 08:24 AM by Joshorilla

Link to original page on YouTube.

This is my 3D Printer I am building, almost completed! First thing I am going to build is a pair of mirror extenders.

Bass Master General
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

My first ride! Pt 2

Posted April 20th, 2013 at 07:05 PM by sassyninja

Nothing 'bad' came of it so in a sense no harm done! He then started talking about how if your cold or hungry or tired how that can affect how you drive, so i decided seeing how I was a bit cold and hungry we should grab a snack in town. ' Is timmies to cliche?' hahaha apparently it wasnt so had my first timmies break on a motorbike! After our snack we headed back outta town (towards sunlight), it was crazy windy, which made me nervous seeing how Im a light build on a light bike.I was getting bullied by the wind! After about 30 min we pulled over and my partner asked how I felt and if I was ready to go back yet... what is this kid, a mind reader?... Yess I was ready to go home! On the way home bugs started pelting my visor. About 5 mins down road I have to pull over again cause my arms and neck are feeling the affects of now going against the wind ( it isnt fun! ). I complain for a bit and get a few tips about how to hug my tank and duck from the wind. I decided it was time to get back...
ninjette.org member
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

MY FIRST RIDE! Pt 1

Posted April 20th, 2013 at 07:04 PM by sassyninja

I walk through the door and run to my room where all my equipment is, I tear off the tags and get on my jacket, shoes, helmet, and gloves and run outside to where my partner is putting on my shiny new plate. Impatiently tapping my foot I boss him to go faster and to get his '****' on so we can get on the road! after what seems like an eternity I slam my visor shut and jump on my bike. I turn the key on and press the button an Sassy(bike bike) comes alive. She feels my excitment and we make our way down the road. Im nervous and my partner knows that, so we stick to quiet roads and make our way out of town to one of our favorite winding roads. At first I felt like we could be pushing the corners a bit harder but then soon realized why we were taking it easy. I found myself part way into a hard right handed corner going a bit fast(still within the speed limit) and to scared to lean in harder and to scared to brake due to the slippery wet road conditions. I was going wide around the corner,...
ninjette.org member
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

Stupid ****ing bike!

Posted April 11th, 2013 at 09:38 AM by Joshorilla

It broke again, the speedo noise has killed the speedo.
Bass Master General
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

What I don't like about my bike.

Posted April 7th, 2013 at 02:26 PM by Joshorilla
Updated April 8th, 2013 at 11:53 AM by Joshorilla (Scratch that, it didn't feel nearly as bad today, I think the suspension goes funny after prolonged abuse)

I was riding around the island the other day and I didn't have a pleasant ride, I realised a few things I didn't like about the bike and a few things I would change in the future.

First and most annoying thing I hate about the Ninja 250 are the front forks, they dive so hard and are so soft without giving much feel and being quite unpredictable, I hate them when riding city and having to brake suddenly I feel like i'm peeping over the front of the bike they bottom out so easy.

The rear suspension, it doesn't iron out anything, it's harsh and jarry, I may try adjusting the pre load but I think it's set fine, the roads here are terrible and I feel like i'm being kicked in the ass just by riding over bumpy roads, it's not very confidence inspiring.

The tyres, I am still running IRC Road Winners, they are horrible, wooden, lack feeling and are terribly unpredictable, easily fixed though, and I will when I put another thousand or so more miles on them...
Bass Master General
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

Maintenance 2

Posted April 2nd, 2013 at 11:10 PM by Lychee

Valves adjusted, coolant flushed, throttle cable slack adjusted, chain adjusted, cush drive shimmed, leaky o-ring replaced, brake fluid flushed (nasty), broke a part, stole (borrowed) a replacement from the lady's bike.... all in a good couple days work. Tomorrow... ride.

.........(and buy replacement part)
sail away
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

SMX-Plush

Posted March 29th, 2013 at 12:38 AM by Lychee

I have never been so satisfied with a piece of footwear since that time I bought my Rooster Hiking Boots. My first motorcycle boot is an smx5 nonventilated version. It is HOT! wearing those in the summer time. Also they pinch my toes and have a hard insole. My toes went numb on many a ride. I always thought it was my riding position until I went to work with them and my feet went numb just sitting at my desk. Well, they are riding boots aren't they? So I left an extra pair of shoes at work to change into.
Enter the SMX Plus. It should be SMX-PLUSH. The inside is so soft and the boot is very comfortable. Took them riding for 7 hours or so and then to work for the next week. AMAZING! The ventilated model passes a lot of air to my toes. I didn't have to wait a half an hour after the ride for the feeling to return to my toes. It was fine wearing them all day at work. They also have a multi linked ankle brace that is not present on the smx-5.
I wear a size 9.5 shoe. The smx-5s...
sail away
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

So confused!!!!!!!!

Posted March 20th, 2013 at 07:26 AM by SouthernStunts

SO I JUST BOUGHT A 2004 NINJA 250R EXF AND IT HAS SOME ISSUES THAT I CANT FIGURE OUT CAN ANYONE HELP ME?
JD
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

£30 a month upgrades

Posted March 19th, 2013 at 03:37 PM by Joshorilla
Updated March 20th, 2013 at 11:44 AM by Joshorilla

I've got a whole list of things i'd like to do for my bike, but these are expensive, I don't rely on debt so I am budgeting about £30 a month, which seems to be the right amount for the basic, yet useful upgrades, which are in no specific order.

Hel stainless brake lines "green"
Renthal rear sprocket "up a tooth or two" from 43
Upgraded brake pads
New tank pad
Gauge light colour customisation
Philips x-treme vision 100% bulbs

Spreading them out will keep me busy and not break the bank I figue, and these are all good upgrades from a cost benefit stand point. This month I have brought the Philips bulbs, i'm looking forward to better quality lighting.
Bass Master General
Posted in Uncategorized

Motorcycle Safety Foundation