View Single Post
Old April 11th, 2015, 09:30 PM   #72
csmith12
The Corner Whisperer

Name: Chris (aka Reactor)

Motorcycle(s): 2010 250 (track), 1992 250, 2006 R6 (street/track), 2008 R6 (track)

MOTY 2015, MOTM - Nov '12, Nov '13
Quote:
Originally Posted by alex.s View Post
i got a more advanced topic for ya when you get to it, mr champion

making and defending passes! was hoping you could cover a few different types of passes you can make, and how they effect your line down the road, and where you need to defend, or where you can try to retake after a pass has been made
omg... I am about 50% done with this reply and it's going to be epic! Every racer is going to hate me. lol Hell, I might hate myself for giving away such things.

Here is a sample;

Quote:
After ANY race pace pass... the rider must quickly shift their senses away from elevated forces that allowed the pass in the first place. Then replace them with lesser, comfortable and more confidence inspiring forces.

Understanding that deep trail braking weighs heavier on the rider's senses than a smooth roll on, is just one example of satisfying the bikes needs to provide the rider with the cornering feedback they are after. Depending on the rider's limits, getting a smooth early roll on defends a late braking pass, riding as if they were qualifying. It's just hard for many riders to mentally grasp there is an alternate path to stability, and even harder to execute when the rider is convinced they must continue to brake.
csmith12 is offline   Reply With Quote

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful.