View Single Post
Old April 12th, 2015, 01:27 PM   #75
csmith12
The Corner Whisperer

Name: Chris (aka Reactor)

Motorcycle(s): 2010 250 (track), 1992 250, 2006 R6 (street/track), 2008 R6 (track)

MOTY 2015, MOTM - Nov '12, Nov '13
Quote:
Originally Posted by alex.s View Post
those tippy toe brakes on turn in... i hate when i do that when i know i can just do a 10% roll off or even just take it wide open with softer steering. its a fear thing i guess
Yep... it's a sr for sure. Turn 12 at Jennings did it to me in Feb. on my 08 r6. It's plain out a faster bike than my 06. I found myself rolling off through there to calm myself down after watching my friends fly through pinned. Right now, I am chalking it up to "the rider not confident enough to steer" as it was that bike's first track experience.

Funny story... In most of left corners, it would get some medium chatter post apex. Turns out, the gent that I bought it from left it sit for 1.5yrs without moving, it and had some mild flat spots. The chatter was every lap but only at slow/med. paces, but think about it more, what side of the bike is the sidestand on? It put the lean angle right about the same it would sit on the side stand. A new set of tires and poof! No more chatter.

Bummer is, I spent 3/4ths of a day, trying to figger out if it was me causing the chatter trying to get used to a "new to me" bike. So goes the life of a rider trying to git-r-done at the track.

/sigh... To be the coach I want to be, I must get faster at figuring out these kinds of simple things. "Every Lap", "only slow/med pace" and "only lefts" tells the story.
csmith12 is offline   Reply With Quote