View Single Post
Old April 18th, 2015, 10:23 AM   #29
csmith12
The Corner Whisperer

Name: Chris (aka Reactor)

Motorcycle(s): 2010 250 (track), 1992 250, 2006 R6 (street/track), 2008 R6 (track)

MOTY 2015, MOTM - Nov '12, Nov '13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja Rob View Post
I did a background check at the police station before I bought it using the VIN#. The receipt that the PO gave me was a receipt from a booklet that you buy at Walmart or Staples. I think he kept it for his own records but as far as anything that I filed with the DMV, the mileage was not requested. I remember the guy at the DMV saying that any title transfers less than a certain dollar amount do not require the mileage. So I guess I am fine. The mileage was never recorded in any official state documents. What I will do is request the vehicle (bike) history just to be informed of what I have. Then I will go from there. I like my 250, but a 300 would be nice too. I have done wide open throttle up to gear 4 and I have to say that the 250 still has plenty to offer me. I had to hold on tight to the handle bars so I would stay on the bike.
All that matters is the mileage is as accurate as possible on the title. While possible, it's highly unlikely that it is over 100k miles.
csmith12 is offline   Reply With Quote