View Single Post
Old May 29th, 2015, 10:44 AM   #1
LittleRedNinjette
Certified Troublemaker

Name: Teri

Motorcycle(s): 2006 Ninja 250r "Pikachu", 2017 Ninja 650 "Epona"

MOTM - Aug '13, Aug '14, Feb '17
Trying something different soon...

Let me start by saying i do not believe there's anything wrong with my 300. With some luck i may be able to keep it too as i really love it.

That being said, i want to get a cruiser, so i've been test riding everything i can.

I went on a demo ride for Indian and tried the Scout. Great bike! Fun to ride, good power and adjustable seating available. Obvious to anyone who knows me i would need reduced reach. I was ok with the more forward style controls but it felt funny. And the seat was meh. My butt wasn't realy happy.

So next i tried the new Vulcan S. Another fun bike but same issues with seat and position. The good stuff was the price and it seemed more peppy than the 1133cc Scout. Tuff call but at this point i'm thinking Scout more than Vulcan...

Now i had tried the Star Bolt not to long ago. Wasn't to impressed with that one but i realy liked the peg position. Cool ass looking bike though!

So then i went to the local Harley Davidson dealer to try the Sportster Superlow 1200T. I fully expected to hate it. Boy was i surprised.. First off the position was perfect. The seat was like riding on a cloud. Powerful yet not intimidating. i loved the ride. It seemed to have all the things i liked about the before mentioned bikes with none of that bad.

So as it stands now i think i want the Sportster... I've got some input from others here i will take into account.

Before i take the plunge, anyone have any other suggestions for me to try? Please keep in mind my 5'1" height.

Raven's Rejuvenation
A bruise is a lesson... and each lesson makes us better...
LittleRedNinjette is offline   Reply With Quote