View Single Post
Old November 24th, 2015, 06:35 AM   #7
csmith12
The Corner Whisperer

Name: Chris (aka Reactor)

Motorcycle(s): 2010 250 (track), 1992 250, 2006 R6 (street/track), 2008 R6 (track)

MOTY 2015, MOTM - Nov '12, Nov '13
Quote:
Originally Posted by daverdfw View Post
I did a track day on my friends 636, first time in 8 years I was on a bike, and never on his bike and never on a track. Looking forward to just using the 250 to get used to riding a track and hone my skills before moving to a bigger bike. I used to ride an R6 on street, but really want to get better with body position and lines before adding power.

So that springs and weight of oil sounds correct?
Cool! Sounds like a good plan. The spring rate and oil you're thinking will be close enough to get you going depending on how aggressive your braking style is. I also went with the preload caps, those were a good addition if you ride multiple tracks of varying degrees of bumpiness and such or allow different riders to ride the bike. Once you get really going to the track often, you will want to set up the bike "per track". If your sticking with a few relatively smooth tracks, maybe you don't really need the caps.

Also, Ben is spot on about the gve's. You simply don't need them unless you're darn near top pack pace/near lap record pace. OR.... you can't get the bike to balance out when setting compression or rebound. When the suspension setup sucks, it can slow your learning progress down as you will feel the negative feedback from the bike. Was it your skill change or the bike causing the issue? Do you best to keep the bike's abilities better than the rider's. Feel me?
csmith12 is offline   Reply With Quote