View Single Post
Old May 25th, 2016, 11:25 AM   #11
csmith12
The Corner Whisperer

Name: Chris (aka Reactor)

Motorcycle(s): 2010 250 (track), 1992 250, 2006 R6 (street/track), 2008 R6 (track)

MOTY 2015, MOTM - Nov '12, Nov '13
Welcome to track life Yakaru!

CSS will spoil you aye? They put on an amazing program, I know. But like I posted before, at some point even Misti from CSS will want you to spread your wings and fly on your own. Every good teacher finds the ultimate satisfaction in watching or knowing their student can apply what they have learned on their own.

Which leads me to your post...

Don't be hard too on yourself. Did you have fun? Did you learn something new or gain confidence in yourself? Because in the end that is ALL that really matters. Do the "track" enough times and soon or later, you will have "one of those days." Go again, have faith in yourself out of the gate, put extra effort into making some paddock friends and I promise it will be better. Track days are truly what you what you make it. Nothing more, nothing less.

ps: bummer about the rain, but you know I truly believe that everyone should do a rainy track day for the education point of view.

pps: More on rainy track days. When you venture out to do your first sets of track days, try to make them dry ones. To solidify your "footing" and come to terms with the flexibility of what happens on a track day. After that, then venture into "less than" optimal surface conditions. What you learn that wet day is nearly 100% applicable to your street miles.

ppps: I liked your video, and you "called the ball" very well.
csmith12 is offline   Reply With Quote