View Single Post
Old October 23rd, 2016, 08:59 AM   #10
csmith12
The Corner Whisperer

Name: Chris (aka Reactor)

Motorcycle(s): 2010 250 (track), 1992 250, 2006 R6 (street/track), 2008 R6 (track)

MOTY 2015, MOTM - Nov '12, Nov '13
Mr. Fist, overall my gut tells me your blipping to early or braking too late. We ride the same bikes... when approaching the end of a long straight in 5th or 6th gear you can get nearly ALL of the REALLY hard braking done before the blip down. If you're still tight on the bars at the blip points, the most likely your charging the corner a bit. It can subtle like that... and yet another form of being rushed at corner entry.

Next would be working out that last 10% where you are still pretty hard on the brake but need to blip down. Your bumm is off the seat already right? Does that mean your good lower lock on the bike is gone? Nah... Can you still have both knees on the tank with one cheek off?

Quote:
What I know: Braking should be smooth and progressive, with pressure mounting to the moment of turn-in.
^^^ This describes how you might ride on the street. But honestly, needs to be flipped upside down when you're out on the track. Below is a graph if what your braking goal might look like while approaching many corners, but is especially important on turns at the end of a long strait.

Of course, that graph show's 0% trail braking, but that should NOT be a factor in your downshift points as your only issue is with pressure on the bars at the timing of the blip.

Now... apply that graph to your quote, where do you have the most pressure on the bars?
csmith12 is offline   Reply With Quote

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.