View Single Post
Old October 24th, 2016, 12:37 PM   #9
csmith12
The Corner Whisperer

Name: Chris (aka Reactor)

Motorcycle(s): 2010 250 (track), 1992 250, 2006 R6 (street/track), 2008 R6 (track)

MOTY 2015, MOTM - Nov '12, Nov '13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ant918 View Post
I took a look at my bike on my lunch break and seeing as how the strain gauge is threaded into the shift rod if I removed the shift rod the gauge would be left hanging about, this is why I was just gonna cut it out and zip tie the remaining cable. My only problem is I'm petrified that severing that connection may mess something up because I know the whole harness plugs into the the coils and speed sensor. Do you suggest I just I just slap my oem shift rod in and zip tie the entire wire and strain gauge to somewhere of my choice? I'm sorry for the noobness here I just don't wanna be without a bike due to my ignorance lol!
Np, take a photo to ensure we understand what you're working with, but yes. If it were me, I would take all components of the qs and zip tie it under the seat and reinstall the oem shift rod. When you are ready, you have all the parts right there to enable the qs again. The only other issue would be to readjust the shift lever to your preference.

Basically by removing the rod, it will never kill the spark during a shift. Effectively rendering the qs inoperative. We do this all the time at the track when riders have issues with them or they are out of adjustment. It's actually quite common.

But take a pic and let's see to make sure you're not without a bike due to my assumptions.
csmith12 is offline   Reply With Quote

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.