View Single Post
Old November 7th, 2016, 01:43 PM   #184
csmith12
The Corner Whisperer

Name: Chris (aka Reactor)

Motorcycle(s): 2010 250 (track), 1992 250, 2006 R6 (street/track), 2008 R6 (track)

MOTY 2015, MOTM - Nov '12, Nov '13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducati999 View Post
So lets hear what you see VS what I describe. Im not the only one that can learn from this crash!
! 2 pronged cause is my best guess....

1. Aggressive throttle control
2. Tight on the bars

#1 is easy to hear if you close your eyes and listen from lap to lap. The crash lap was more aggressive than the others. Not a whole lot, but enough... and sometimes that is all it takes. :\

#2 I say tight on the bars, why? Read between the lines of the comments. If you don't have a foundation (footing on the pegs and grip on the tank), then what are you holding on with? Sad to say... but soooo much of the time tight on the bars is a very subtle thing that we don't catch.

Now for full disclosure, I will put all of my clues into context here for all to see...

1. I have ridden with Ant since he was a beginner
2. I have chatted and followed Ant as he has come up in pace
3. I have answered questions from Ant in various threads about his feelings on the bike at pace. I don't normally say "I told you so", but since Ant is a straight shooter I will and he prefers it like that. See thread https://www.ninjette.org/forums/showthread.php?t=248551 post #49. Take it from those who has seen soooooo many people go down.
Quote:
When the bike starts talking to you... Stop and LISTEN!
4. His bike started talking to him and he posted a question and got mixed responses, some good some questionable. :\
5. He has taken a school with ME as a coach and rode within his limits, so imho his down is not a direct result of what he knew, but instead of what he didn't know
6. We covered his needed mods in riding position and erog changes that he has acknowledged per previous comments
7. He is aware of his bp changes that could help him in his quest for pace and fun factor
8. Despite his unfortunate event, he remains with a good attitude to future events as he predicts them to occur

In his own words, there are 4 things that would vastly improve chances of success in further track days.
#1 Really fine tuning throttle control
#2 Setting a good turn in point - The turn in point affects soooooooooo many other aspects of the corner. If you blow the turn in point, that nearly the entire corner turns into recovery vs solidifying confidence and pace. :\
#3 Setting a good entry speed - Your turn in point defines your braking marker and therefore defines your ability to set a good entry speed within a given distance.
#4 Better bp as his riding gets more aggressive

After watching the video many times, at full speed, various other speeds and with sound only, you can see and hear the throttle control lap difference and multiple steering inputs on that faithful lap.

The question is... where does he go next at the start of his next season?
csmith12 is offline   Reply With Quote