View Single Post
Old January 22nd, 2017, 10:46 AM   #10
csmith12
The Corner Whisperer

Name: Chris (aka Reactor)

Motorcycle(s): 2010 250 (track), 1992 250, 2006 R6 (street/track), 2008 R6 (track)

MOTY 2015, MOTM - Nov '12, Nov '13
At ease gentlemen...

britx, Chris can be condescending at times, but this wasn't one of them. He has been here for years, is quite knowledgeable and I have spent time with him on and off track. Sure, he was trying to push you save a few pennies but that is a pretty lame reason to invoke the nuclear option and definately NOT how we roll here. Although it seems pretty normal for riders to be a bit more salty and full of piss n' vinegar during the off season.

So you're after a jet kit... complete kits come up for sale on here from time to time and there is nothing wrong with asking before hitting ebay. Maybe an ex racer that sold his/her bike and has an extra up on the shelf in the garage? As for this community, our most active members I would lump in the more "thrifty" column. So if you know specifically what size jets you are after, then you might get more of a response in the buy from a member area. I am also, pretty sure that many of us have extra shims (washers) laying around too.

Going one step further, this community doesn't seem to sling as many parts around as say... gixxer.com or r6forums.com as it is only a small fraction of what we do here.

Lastly, If you need a set of 105s, I think I have an extra set somewhere in my old tackle box. Lemme know if you want em... FREE.

Good luck sir!

ps... /relax bro

Last futzed with by csmith12; January 22nd, 2017 at 10:05 PM.
csmith12 is offline   Reply With Quote

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.