View Single Post
Old March 19th, 2012, 01:25 PM   #53
csmith12
The Corner Whisperer

Name: Chris (aka Reactor)

Motorcycle(s): 2010 250 (track), 1992 250, 2006 R6 (street/track), 2008 R6 (track)

MOTY 2015, MOTM - Nov '12, Nov '13
Quote:
Originally Posted by alex.s View Post
question- when hard on the front brakes after dropping a few gears after a straight, my rear wheel slides about back and forth. if i turn in during this, it slides out drift-style and disrupts the suspension when it finally gets traction again. (it hooks up abruptly instead of smoothly) sitting father back on the bike helps, but it still slips. do i need a slipper clutch? how can i get it to hook up smoother? would a little rear brake extend the slip a little bit so when it starts to hook up it will be smoother? maybe i should slip the clutch more while braking?
Holy cow dood! Backing it in on turn 1 are you? hahahahaha

Blip down one more time and trailbrake in. Your going to fast for the rear to maintain traction. From seeing some of your posted stuff your most likely ready. Chat with someone that has followed your or seen you ride at the track.

I spent the whole day working this skill on the street at less than speed limit speeds because my buddy on a R1 had a spent tire. Had to make the ride interesting ya know....

Different corners feel different braking while leaned over (not max lean). Elevation changes effects this too. Unless you built up the line, no trailbraking on an uphill, off camber incline (I think you already learned that one ).

[sarcasm]
Now on the flip side, if you can learn to control it, your 50% of the way to having fun in the wet.
[/sarcasm]
csmith12 is offline   Reply With Quote