View Single Post
Old July 13th, 2012, 06:13 AM   #14
csmith12
The Corner Whisperer

Name: Chris (aka Reactor)

Motorcycle(s): 2010 250 (track), 1992 250, 2006 R6 (street/track), 2008 R6 (track)

MOTY 2015, MOTM - Nov '12, Nov '13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiggles View Post
I never intended my 650 to be a twisty bike, I bought it as a commuter and wanted to have the 250 for the twisties but things have changed. So I'm trying to see if I can make my 650 into a good twisty bike and when I get the 1000 that will be my commuter. But the throttle on the 650 just doesn't feel right for the twisties. And I'm talking about when you're in a turn and precise throttle is needed, I just can't hit that precision with the 650 because the throttle is so, idk, twitchy.

I haven't ridden a 600 or any other larger CC bike so I have nothing to compare it to. It could be that they are all like that and it's something I just need to get used to or it could be that the 650 just doesn't have the precision that I need for a dedicated twisty bike. If that's the case then there is no point in having two commuters and I would likely get rid of it and probably replace it with another 250
Then go for it brah! Maybe the 650 isn't for you. Try to ride a few others before you make a final decision. And if your still not feeling the 650 for the twisties, then sell it and get whatever you will feel comfortable on. I see nothing wrong with wanting to toss around a 250 in the corners where one would feel more 100% in control with a higher margin of error and having another bike for more relaxed riding, commuting, touring or whatever.

Not everyone needs the throttle control of a racer and I am not telling you to never get any better, getting better is going to happen all on its own, but if it's currently not your thing..... No big deal, just don't let it be your handicap going forward.
csmith12 is offline   Reply With Quote