Thread: Tippy Toes
View Single Post
Old July 12th, 2013, 11:56 AM   #19
csmith12
The Corner Whisperer

Name: Chris (aka Reactor)

Motorcycle(s): 2010 250 (track), 1992 250, 2006 R6 (street/track), 2008 R6 (track)

MOTY 2015, MOTM - Nov '12, Nov '13
Quote:
Originally Posted by NevadaWolf View Post
On thing I've taken to doing is pulling up to a stop light in the left hand groove made by the heavier trucks. It lowers my bike while giving me a higher surface on the left to put my foot down.

Downside to this though: if you park in the right groove, your foot ends up in the slime dropped from the cars. The sensor in the lane most likely won't pick you up. Sometime the asphalt is so warped from the trucks, it's really really rough in there.

I've never been able to flat foot on both sides. With my boots, I'm on the balls of my feet or tip toes depending on how I'm sitting when I stop. If I need to flat foot I just lean the bike slightly to the left and drop my foot down.

Re: Parking. I read a great bit of advice that I have used ever since. You choose your parking place. If everyone else is parking on a slope, park somewhere else. If you have to circle the lot a few times to find the spot that makes it where you can safely control your bike, so be it. I love finding those spots I can either pull straight through, or use a neighboring space to u-turn in and park so I'm pointing out.
Dat's experience talkin' right der.
csmith12 is offline   Reply With Quote