View Single Post
Old June 22nd, 2009, 06:16 PM   #44
KJohnson21
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Ken

Motorcycle(s): '08 Kawasaki EX250 "Yoshi", '99 Kawasaki Concours "Grace", '06 Concours "Belle", '06 Yamaha YZF600R "Slick"

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC Cowboy View Post
Kelly, where do you get your stats? I think that actual percentage of 250r riders who will crash is 90%.

What I don't get is the people who post about it like it is a badge of honor (or looking for sympathy).

If you crash, you're an idiot, you have no one to blame but yourself (no matter what the situation is). If you feel it's only a matter of when, it's going to come sooner rather than later. Crashing is not being able to handle every situation. If you feel you are going to crash (at some point) get a scooter and ride that until you feel that you can handle every situation. It will be cheaper (not safer) and you can still wear your gear.

I bet most of you who crash are deadly on a bicycle also.

Your life is in your hands. Think about what you are doing and whether you should really be on a motorcycle.
+1 Oscar

The whole problem with "Not if, but when." Is that it sounds like you're accepting it as inevitable fate. That you had no control of the situation. Baloney!!

We always have some control of the situation. We may not be able to "stop time" or "make cars fly with our mind." However, just recognizing the situation developing, or the potential for the situation, gives you a degree of control. Usually the best way to avoid a situation is to not get into it before it starts.

Many times accidents happen because the rider got into a situation where they had no idea what to do, and didn't realize it was dangerous until it was way too late. That's one of valuable lessons in learning from the mistakes of others: recognizing the potential dangers of a situation, even though you've never been in that situation.

The point is, there's always a possibility of an accident. One of the reasons we keep working to improve our abilities is to minimize the possibility of being in an accident.

HEY!! Unregistered!! Does your bike have a name?
KJohnson21 is offline   Reply With Quote