View Single Post
Old October 31st, 2013, 07:11 AM   #15
csmith12
The Corner Whisperer

Name: Chris (aka Reactor)

Motorcycle(s): 2010 250 (track), 1992 250, 2006 R6 (street/track), 2008 R6 (track)

MOTY 2015, MOTM - Nov '12, Nov '13
Lightbulb WARNING! Abstract thoughts

I think adouglas and Motofool are each onto something individually but here is my take. If a rider were to combine both of their points together, then some dots about riding and being seen in general can start to connect.

So try this; take the MSF collision trap test on SLOW. Instead of trying to get the questions right, just focus on the pictures and what is the "focal point" for you as well as other drivers in the picture.

The human eye will want to come to rest on something in the pic, this is the focal point. Once a focal point is established, it becomes the measure and benchmark for everything else. Distance, speed, ect.. ect.. It's a double edge sword, for the focal point and subjects within a close vicinity, are easily seen or noticed. For those that fall farther away from that point, go unnoticed or the human mind registers them lower on the priority list. I would also not want to be the target of a totally frozen driver about to crash into something. It's mother nature at work for most predators that have both eye's pointed forward, we are hard wired to target fixate. Find a way to turn that negative into a positive. When life gives you lemons, make lemonade.
csmith12 is offline   Reply With Quote

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.