View Single Post
Old March 19th, 2014, 10:17 AM   #4
csmith12
The Corner Whisperer

Name: Chris (aka Reactor)

Motorcycle(s): 2010 250 (track), 1992 250, 2006 R6 (street/track), 2008 R6 (track)

MOTY 2015, MOTM - Nov '12, Nov '13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yakaru View Post
Hey everybody, my Victoria race suit came in and I tried it on this morning and it fits great but I'm having a couple of minor issues that I'm hoping for some advice on

First: if I put on the back protector (A Forcefield L2) then when I take off the suit the top of the back protector tends to get 'caught' in the neck roll and it becomes a funny little dance to get one arm free. Any tricks here?
Nope, sounds perfect for a new suit. An undersuit (base layer) makes it easier to get on and off. Also allows for moisture wicking and is a slick material.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yakaru View Post
Second: if I wear both my back protector and chest protector the suit is just too tight to zip up. I might try putting on gloves for better grip on the zipper and try again, but it'll be pretty difficult (if possible at all) no matter what I do I suspect. Since every other part of the suit fits perfectly I'm /really/ hesitant to return it and go up a size. Any suggestions?
Did the suit come with a back protector/pad already inserted? If so, remove it.

The suit should break in a bit and allow more room. Alex says water (warm/hot) because that can aid in stretching the leather. If your down to keep the suit, there are back/chest protectors of different thicknesses that could also help.
csmith12 is offline   Reply With Quote