View Single Post
Old March 27th, 2014, 08:53 AM   #24
csmith12
The Corner Whisperer

Name: Chris (aka Reactor)

Motorcycle(s): 2010 250 (track), 1992 250, 2006 R6 (street/track), 2008 R6 (track)

MOTY 2015, MOTM - Nov '12, Nov '13
Quote:
Originally Posted by rojoracing53 View Post
A trackday on a bike even more intimidating then the 300 wouldn't have the effect on confidence I was looking for. Plus on a rented BMW you'll still have that fear of crashing the bike and having to pay for repairs to the bike or worse yourself. A trackday on a 50 is about as fearfull as going for a ride on a bicycle plus they'd not qualifactions needed. Plus if you do crash 1,2 or more times you'll probably be fine and so will the bike.

OP is hinting that even though they've done level one at a trackday there have been some recent changes to their situation and seem to have set them back to stage one. I'm not saying don't do the planned CSBS, I'm recommending branching out and trying a few other things that could have other benefits. I offer in person instruction to anyone in my region but sadly they isn't the case here.
That makes sense, and I also get that same feeling. Almost like after I binned it hard last year (fear of pushing hard).

Understandable... I can agree with the little bike option or maybe even some dirt time. I have been playing in the dirt and snow all winter. It definitely helps keep the bad rust at bay.
csmith12 is offline   Reply With Quote