View Single Post
Old May 6th, 2014, 06:09 AM   #101
csmith12
The Corner Whisperer

Name: Chris (aka Reactor)

Motorcycle(s): 2010 250 (track), 1992 250, 2006 R6 (street/track), 2008 R6 (track)

MOTY 2015, MOTM - Nov '12, Nov '13
So we grid up and the green flag drops! I must say, it was a pleasure to meet and race with the Sam Williams crew. About 10 or so bikes on the grid. Ranging from 250cc to 1000cc and ALL of them were Kawis! Although, it was odd to line up with 6 or 7 bikes that all had the #47 and were kawi green.

For those that don't know, Sam is 90+yrs young and cannot race any longer due to health reasons but that didn't stop the members from loading ALL of his race bikes and getting them on the grid, all with veteran racers.

Interesting side note about the attached pic of all the 47's. Notice that the gent bent over is wearing a California Superbike School suit with a letter B on the buttox lol. I spoke with this rider for a time. No, he wasn't a CSS coach, he got the leathers off ebay. Whoever owned the suit before him left their name in the threading, Andy Ibbott. Small world aye.

Andy Ibbott

I got passed by one of the bigger cc bikes and snagged this pic from the vid (still uploading). I really like to see other riding styles in action. His was bold, upright and still putting down impressive lap times. Older bike technology, order vet rider, same speed or faster but terrifying to ride behind. lol

Props to all the racers of #47 bikes.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Nelson.Bloom.jpg (48.8 KB, 16 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0536 (Custom).JPG (195.4 KB, 22 views)
csmith12 is offline   Reply With Quote

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.