View Single Post
Old May 6th, 2014, 07:59 PM   #14
csmith12
The Corner Whisperer

Name: Chris (aka Reactor)

Motorcycle(s): 2010 250 (track), 1992 250, 2006 R6 (street/track), 2008 R6 (track)

MOTY 2015, MOTM - Nov '12, Nov '13
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffb502 View Post
Good to know...do better tires tend to give any warning before letting go, or just provide more traction and let go without warning when they run out?

One thing that annoys me about the tires on my car is they squeal all the time when they have plenty of traction left, but it's nice to listen to have the squeal to know how much traction I'm using.

Thanks for the homework assignment! Do you mean the video by mrsparkyaprilia? That's the first one that popped up.

I bet my legs will be tired after my next track day lol. After I was done for the day another rider asked if I was sore anywhere. I said no. He said I would be later. I didn't really believe him since my knees didn't hurt and that's the first thing that always hurts me during a ride. Today I feel it in my upper back/shoulder/triceps muscles, I think from the constant pushing back and forth on the bars. One thing that surprised me is my knees didn't hurt at all. Usually after a long day in the saddle my knees hurt. I think the extended breaks (ride 20 mins, take a 40 min break) helped with the knee pain issue.
As far as the tires go, yea some give more feedback before letting loose, others not so much but different riders like the feel and feedback that is given from different brands. For example I am a michelin man. They have outstanding grip but only give a little warning before letting go. The bridgestones offer less grip but provide a lot of feedback before letting go. With you in the saddle, you opinion of different tires could be different than mine and that is ok.

Soreness... yes After about the 10th or so track day, you will not get sore anymore from riding all day. "Let the bike do the hard work."

And, the knee to knee vid. You might have found the below. Which directly answers your question with visual example and connects to my previous comment about "letting the bike do the hard work" or "work smarter, not harder".

Link to original page on YouTube.

Nice riding in your videos. When you going back?

csmith12 is offline   Reply With Quote