View Single Post
Old May 26th, 2014, 09:16 PM   #20
csmith12
The Corner Whisperer

Name: Chris (aka Reactor)

Motorcycle(s): 2010 250 (track), 1992 250, 2006 R6 (street/track), 2008 R6 (track)

MOTY 2015, MOTM - Nov '12, Nov '13
Quote:
Originally Posted by CZroe View Post
Do you ride it often? Mine was a daily commuter and the effect of WD-40 on the collection of grime was obvious.
Interesting... I wonder why your seeing such an effect.

I don't ride it daily, no. When it was in street dress, sure, I rode it often enough but it had black wheels at the time. Now my 250 only sees track miles about 2 weekends a month thus far. Maybe the r6 would be an even better pic. It also has white wheels and been even longer since I cleaned them and it's seeing it's fair amount of street time as of now.

Don't get me wrong, I aint saying it's the best, but it works for me. I am somewhat skeptical that it attracts dirt to the point that it makes cleaning them much hard then using any other product. Spray on cloth, wipe wheel area a few times and move on. If I use anything else, like simple green, it takes longer and I have to scrub more and harder to get the same level of clean in the end.

When I first got the white wheels, I used to wipe them off after every ride. It made keeping them pristine white pretty easy. After the novelty wore off, I don't clean them near as often.

Also note, the white wheels on both my bikes were originally black and have been powder coated white.
csmith12 is offline   Reply With Quote