Old August 5th, 2014, 07:15 AM   #24
LittleRedNinjette
Certified Troublemaker

Name: Teri

Motorcycle(s): 2006 Ninja 250r "Pikachu", 2017 Ninja 650 "Epona"

MOTM - Aug '13, Aug '14, Feb '17
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finesse View Post
If I were you I'd go ahead and take it to a shop, let them make an estimate on the repairs to return it back to pristine condition. You should have the option to receive a check from the insurance company for the estimated amount less $1000 and then you can decide what to do with that. I work in a shop and we get a lot of people whose estimates were around $3-4000 and instead of ordering factory parts they choose to upgrade some things and ignore others. There was a guy with a Thruxton that he'd crashed twice already and the second repair estimate came to $4,000 for the parts and labor to return it back to stock. He decided to order cheaper parts and have the shop install clip ons, aftermarket grips and brake lines and mirrors and ignored the scratched engine cover and scratched exhaust pipes. Just a thought. You could even make some money off of this! I know I did when I lowsided my bike. 'Crashed your bike? TIME FOR TWO BROTHERS!'

Let us know how it turns out.
^^This!!

Did that when the 300 took a nap in the driveway.
My deductible was 200 and only paid 60ish.

Now, you still have to pay the deductible even though its clearly not your fault?

Raven's Rejuvenation
A bruise is a lesson... and each lesson makes us better...
LittleRedNinjette is offline   Reply With Quote