View Single Post
Old December 17th, 2014, 05:12 PM   #28
csmith12
The Corner Whisperer

Name: Chris (aka Reactor)

Motorcycle(s): 2010 250 (track), 1992 250, 2006 R6 (street/track), 2008 R6 (track)

MOTY 2015, MOTM - Nov '12, Nov '13
Here Andrew, here is the real deal, along with some common sense and hopefully we can move back to the thread topic.

Your questions;

Bum off the seat and still grip with both knees? Sure mang! You're off the seat (not too much though), one knee will already against the tank, the other will reach over... I promise. Cross your legs both ways to see if you have the flexibility, the strength to hold under hard braking in that position is another matter altogether.

One legged braking? At some point of experience and comfort during track riding, they will be comfortable enough to hold a lock with one leg and the forward, inner thigh. It comes along for the ride when a rider comes to terms the front is not going anywhere while hard on the brakes. Usually the other knee pokes out in a triangle shape prepped for knee draggin'.

MotoGP style one legged braking? At some point during hard core racing and many high skilled track day riders, they will be comfortable enough to hold a super hard lock with one leg but it's not gunna be enough at the end of those long straights where the speeds push 180mph, unless the rider has Olympic gymnast leg strength. The rider can do whatever he wants with the other leg, knee out, rossi dangle, whatever... I can only speculate that the forces are similar to the pic below;

Even in my turn 7 writing, I said...

Quote:
My knees solidly dug into the side of the tank deny all forward movement as I continue toward my corner entry speed.
Notice this.... I didn't say anything about weight on my arms. Why? Because at those g's I don't have the leg strength to hold my weight + force. I do know, that I have little to no pressure on the bars after flicking it in though.

Is there a right or wrong? I dunno...
csmith12 is offline   Reply With Quote

3 out of 3 members found this post helpful.